[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this game hate fun? It's like as if it was /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 3.jpg (148 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
148 KB, 1280x720
Why does this game hate fun? It's like as if it was /v/ incarnate.

>level 37
>run stealth build
>approach pic related
>haven't encountered any of them randomly yet
>prepare ye olde 10mm pistol w/ silencer and the best shit you could attach to it
>also prepare my infinitely stacking, hilariously broken bleeding minigun
>carefully aim for its head, knowing I'd rip off about 15% of its health through my opening shots with my pistol so I had to finish it off in a long, extensive fight with my min-
>it fucking dies in two hits
>tfw other people would just fatman it

Is there even any challenge to seek after completing the main story line?
>>
>>320938759
Play a character on Hard or Very hard, this forces you to take more cover, shoot more ammo into your enemies, and you will have to actually use vendors to buy ammo and such.

Makes for a better game experience in my opinion.
>>
File: 1418075080613.jpg (39 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1418075080613.jpg
39 KB, 450x338
>play melee because NV made it cool
>look through perks, there's hope for us yet
>play game for a while, it's pretty slow but ok, i'm op as fuck and just destroy everything
>use drugs from time to time, completely broken
>get power hammer
>this is pretty cool i guess
>way late in game, retard me finally gets enough agility for the melee teleport perk
>start nothin personelling raider kiddies like it's nobodies business
>grab the 4th melee dmg upgrade, we aoe damage now
>try stealth approach because why the fuck not
>tp from top of a quarry to the very bottom with the VATS and crit explode 5 guys with one small stab in a guys calves
>find the ripper
>all my perks are useless now

I like what they tried to do by making the melee more interactive, giving the power armor some additional animations for melee executions too was a good idea but overall it's just way too unsatisfying and shallow
>>
>>320938985
I have a gauss that does ~500x2 damage, with 5.3x stealth damage. Even on Survival, level 80 legendary deathclaws are obliterated in one shot.
>>
>>320939670
That's why I said play a character, I meant play it from the beginning. I also had a character start on normal and later when geared up set to hard, But then you are already OP.
>>
File: 1407211015921.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1407211015921.gif
1 MB, 250x141
>>320939924
>Setting the game to Hard when you get geared.
You are the worse kind of people.
Leave.
>>
>>320938759
>ITT: I wasted money on a game /v/ told me not to buy and now i'm trying to find ways to justify it
>>
>>320940172
I changed it to Hard when it became too easy, then I realised it was still too easy and started a new character on Very Hard, which I finished the campaign with. Institute all the way.
>>
>>320940292
>listening to /v/
>ever
>>
>>320939670
> I take perks that makes my weapons do more damage
> Why do all my weapons more damage?

You're only yourself to blame for not putting all your points in Charisma and Luck, and saving those crits for when you really need it.
>>
File: nibbler1.jpg (141 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
nibbler1.jpg
141 KB, 900x900
>play melee
>rewarded power armor for playing the tutorial
>find a sledgehammer
>make it heavy
>drop in like space marine between raiders
>VATS hit one after the other
>mfw they hedz blown off
>>
>>320939470
>Melee character
>Survival
>Levels 1-10

The first sections of the game are hard as fuck without weapons. As you acquire more melee perks, it becomes way easier, but damn those first raiders.
>>
>>320940672
that's the stupidest shit

>get combat knife, go super stealth mode
>hit someone in the foot
>his arms explode off and he flies away like just hit by a train
>>
>min maxing faggot complains game is too easy

right up there with the retards who play survival difficulty then just min max and take perks to circumvent the difficulty scaling
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.