[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SM4SH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: sb_cloud_joins-1200x675.jpg (122 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
sb_cloud_joins-1200x675.jpg
122 KB, 1200x675
Is Cloud too powerful in Smash, or are my friends whiney?
Turns out I'm REAL good with him, but everyone else seems to be able to use him relatively well too.
But where as there's is a threat, mine's all but unbeaten.
What's anon's opinion of him in-game?
>>
I love using him in FG
Get the guy to 60% then bait them into finishing touch
My win ratio has spiked since he was released
>>
In a 1v1, Cloud can falter. Any more players and Cloud can be an unbeatable opportunist.
>>
>>320924547
Your friends are whiny cunts.
Hes solid with shit recovery unless you spam walljump or lb up b
>>
File: Order_Sol.png (734 KB, 713x1150) Image search: [Google]
Order_Sol.png
734 KB, 713x1150
He's ok.

He's meant to be a doubles character, and I'd say him and Corrin will be some of the best characters in the game for doubles.

That aside, he has a lot of weaknesses, mainly his recovery, but also with his limit charge, shit needs to charge faster.

He feels to me like the Smash version of pic related, especially since Rosalina plays a lot like Eddie.
>>
>>320924718
I actually do my best 1v1 with him, but I totally feel the opportunist vibe.
This is actually really good input.
For whatever reason, his EVERY single move does EXACTLY what I want it to, though his dash attack stops a little short (but has a fuckin' awesome hitbox and his downtilt slides, so... no real complaints)
The point is he's like, perfect, to me, so I can't tell if he's broken compared to other characters.
He's undoubtedly amazing, either way
>>
>>320924547
He reminds me a lot of melee marth, I hope some good competitive players pick him up
>>
>>320924947
I'd agree with you on his limitbreak if it weren't for it being unstoppable.
Not the attacks themselves, but the charging. You can get hit in the face mid charge and not lose anything. It has to charge that slow to make up for it.
Otherwise you seems spot on.
>>
>>320924990
It's just that he's a character that appeals to your natural playstyle, that's all.

>>320925056
He's nothing like Melee Marth, like, at all.

Marth was about putting pressure, and getting a rhythm going. Getting into a flow state with Marth felt like dancing, with well-timed inputs.

Cloud is more of a micromanage character with how you always have to be charging limit, and using mind games to bait opponents.
>>
>>320925242
That's so relieving to hear.
And also some good advice on how to play him, I'll try to incorporate this into my game next time I get to throw down with my friends.
>>
>>320924547

I feel like he's very balanced, his strengths and weaknesses are plainly obvious.

Limit breaks are dangerous, but if you knock him off stage you force him to waste it on recovery.

His KO potential is pretty bad without Limit Break. Overall it makes him a very interesting character to fight against and as.
>>
Just got done playing some games with some friends. And holy shit is he a scrub buster if I've ever seen one, like you need to be a passable player to be able to deal with him when going head to head so I can see why some friends of yours are complaining. Another thing to think about is that he is still new, given some time your friends will learn his strengths and weaknesses, and will see that he isn't all that bad. He's good, but he's not pre-patch Diddy that's for sure.
>>
>>320927174
I get decent KO potential out of his F-Smash and Up-Air, if chase correctly, but more of it than not does lay in his Limit Break.
I'll be sure to explain all this next time we sit down to play.
>>
He's pretty defensive and reactive instead of proactive, but that's from only a watchers standpoint. Lacking a debit card means no cloud for me.
>>
He's solid. Has a bunch of tools that can make life easier for him--Wall jumps, limit charge dash canceling, Finishin Touch and Limit Cross Slash killing around 70%, great smash attacks, useful slide, good top screen killing tool in Uair, and Uair comes out insanely fast out of short hop. Along with some other things.

But then he struggles against some higher tiers. The Mario Bros in particular have good match ups against Cloud. Especially Mario. Cape and Fludd make like difficult for Bladebeam spacing and recovery.
>>
Cloud's very good, but his recovery, trouble killing without limit & being combo food hold him back from being a top tier character, but i think overall he's viable.
>>
>>320924718
>But where as there's is a threat, mine's all but unbeaten.

So yours is a piece of shit that loses all the time?
>>
anyone care to donate cloud to a worthy scrub? Not even sure if you can do that on 3Ds but would be cool.
Otherwise add me for matches or whatever.
3368-2190-6489
>>
He's easily one of the best characters for 2v2, but I don't put any stock into him for 1v1.
I am currently enjoying the changes to my long time main Bowser though.
>>
>>320933132
sent ;)
>>
>>320933740
sent what exactly based anon?
>>
>>320930830
Why don't you just buy a Nintendo card from FUCKINGGamestop or Walmart?
>>
While I could normally do that, not possible at the moment. Yeah I got a job and such but what little I have went to other things. That's not really the point though. It's the holidays.
>>
>>320924547
Solid B-tier char.
>>
>>320936390
A-
>>
>get him off stage as samus
>shit out a morph bomb on the ledge
>watch as their brain short circuits and they lose a stock
every time
cloud retards are the funniest, i dont know what it is about that up special since i dont have the character but it doesnt seem too great
>>
>>320936720
That's the point. Cloud has a good everything except for recovery. He's kind of like Mac in those regards. He has good jumps, but he has no decent horizontal movement and his recovery is weak as hell. Once you get him off stage without his limit, he's a goner.
>>
I really like him and ran trains online for hours with him last night. I guess the general smash player base has no idea what zoning is. His projectile mixed with his aerials and slide make it so easy to come in on opponents.
>>
I feel like he's kind of stupid in terms of his non-specials, especially in anything more than 1v1. In all the /v/kend tourneys lately he just runs around hitting everybody at once and a tilt or smash with no windup will send you fucking flying at 40%
>>
>>320924547
Bad players always say everything new is broken.
>>
>>320924547
clouds got a rediculous amount of knock off power, it's actually too much. his limit gauge fills up too quickly, they either need to slow him down calm his jump or decrease is knock of power
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.