[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck NoA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: goodgoyim.gif (12 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
goodgoyim.gif
12 KB, 501x504
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/to-cut-costs-nintendo-of-america-uses-its-own-staff-to-voice-some-of-their

Why the fuck is this allowed
>>
job opportunity are nice, though. Disgaea 1 has the best voices despite half of them being amateurs.
>>
They have been doing this since Super Mario 64.
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-29+at+10.51.24).png (14 KB, 273x156) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-29+at+10.51.24).png
14 KB, 273x156
>>320924361
>>
>characters with literally 3 lines
>paying an actor for a full day of work
>plus tips
yeah, they all do it.
>>
I'd honestly prefer this over hearing Yuri Lowenthall do everything
>>
>>320924361
If they've been doing this for some time, I haven't noticed it.
Apart from the FUCKING Hyrule Warriors narration, I have to skip the intros because it's so bad.
>>
>not the same 10 voices actors
Oh no. What a terrible fate.
>>
>>320924575
performance matters you shitlord
>>
>>320929096
>>320924614
>Salty fuck that can't into the industry detected
>>
Is it the 90s again?

That used to be the case.

Though #performancematters, not shocked.

Yet, NoA are Jews.
>>
Isn't this how the original Objection clips from Phoenix Wright came to be? Is it really all bad?
>>
>>320930218
Not in video games. Gameplay matters. That's it. There was fucking awful acting in 90s games and yet they remained great.

Take your hashtags back to twitter.
>>
>>320929215
Yes, but even staff members are able to deliver simple lines.
>>
>>320924361
Removing problematic content is very expensive so corners need to be cut elsewhere to ensure that the central objectives are met.
>>
>giving a fuck about a bunch of failed actor wannabe
ayy lmao
>>
>>320924361
> regurgitating years old podcast info to create "new" clickbait
> url purposedly doesn't have date for easier baiting
>>
>>320924361
The real answer is avoiding acting guilds and representation companies.

It's easier to just holiday bonus that shit, not that it's the right thing to do.
>>
>>320930425
I was never saying I was pro hashtag.

Was just mentioning that, because why pay for more expensive voices when you can do same thing yit did for decades and no one cares.

And it's not like NoA aren't jews in any other thing.
>>
how is this at all a bad thing?
>>
>>320930218
>used to be
It never left.
>>
Happens all the time at Capcom.

I know. I work there.
You think think they have professional voice actors for Monster Hunter? Ha!
>>
This is pretty common. I'm 100% sure that more than just NoA does it. Doesn't mean that it doesn't show the garbage state of western voice acting in videogames (or in general really)
>>
>>320924361
All the original Ace Attorney VA's were in house Capcom staff.
>>
>>320924361
>Re-dub games with non professionals in English
>Do not include the original voice tracks

This makes my blood boil.
>>
>>320931235
how is it not? beyond the fact that they are even making a dub, these aren't even professionals. Meme all you want about
>b-but Nolan North everywhere
and
>voice actors
>professional
but even the top in the industry still have awful performances sometimes, can you imagine how bad it'll be with not just any amateurs, but the fools of NoA who will be dubbing them? Include the fact that dual audio is going the way of the dinosaurs and the fact that Nintendo still region locks their consoles in the year of 2015 means you'll be stuck with either pirating or shit Chaos Wars-tier dubbing
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.