[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Early Access
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: yorlay-axxes.jpg (36 KB, 750x396) Image search: [Google]
yorlay-axxes.jpg
36 KB, 750x396
Are there any games that are not SHIT on EA right now?

The only one I know and play personally is Grim Dawn. Anything out there worth getting to support the devs?
>>
Joylancer is pretty good
>>
>>320923087
Space engineers is pretty neat

Starbound is shit

Otherwise Im not sure outside of grimdawn. Squad seems fun
>>
If you don't have a hate boner for Nexon's publishing department, the new Ghost in the Shell game is pretty baller so far. It's a fast paced tactical shooter where you play as the show's cast, each of which have their own special ability from the show. It's early access, but only five bucks to play.
>>
>>320923087
Dirty bomb is still in beta, but launched on steam. As far as beta games go, it's great
Elite dangerous horizons is ea for some reason, but it's a technical feat as well as just being an enjoyable, but everyone's milage varies with that game
>>
>>320923087
The new Don't Starve expansion is fun
>>
>>320923559
That game has a cancer f2p model.

Never recommend it to anyone due to that
>>
>>320923461
Squad seems too expensive for what it is right now. 40EU is way too steep IMO.
>>320923559
Don't have a hate boner, they did alright job with Dragon's Nest.
>>320923662
So I see. How bad is this character rotation in Dirty Bomb? How much do you have to pay just to play who you want?
>>320923670
Not a fan of artstyle, but then again, I do play ANSII games, so there is that.
>>320923739
Oh... How bad?
>>
>>320923829
Rent guns. To me, the worst.
>>
>>320923829
Dirty bomb rotation isn't bad and you will get enough to buy your first characer within. A day or two. But, after that it takes some time, 8-12~ hrs I'd say to unlock another character
>>
>>320923829
It's really not that bad, there's nothing gamebreaking you have to pay for, you also earn a shit pile of credits every time you level up, it's fairly generous with bonus credits as well after matches.
>>
>>320923956
Oh shit. Rent guns. Like in Combat Arms, back in the day.
>>
>>320923087
not really. darkest dungeon is pretty good but you shouldn't buy any game that's in ea unless you know the devs have a good track record.
>>
>>320924236
I only got Grim Dawn because I've backed it on KS.
Same a certain Terraria clone, which is not Starbound.
>>
The Forest is fun with friends, but what isn't?. The development has come along nicely since the initial release, still needs work though.

Project Zomboid is tough but fun, multiplayer seems to make it a bit easy though.

I liked Verdun's attack/defense territory control mechanic, made the game pretty fun. However, the community seems to be heading downhill in size lately.

Besiege was a big thing earlier this year, not really sure where they're at now though. Might be fun

>>320923461
Space engineers needs better multiplayer and I'll play it again. If I want single player building autism, I'd play From the Depths instead since there's actually something to fight against.

>>320923559
>paying for early access to a game that's just COD with robot voices and invisibility
cmon senpai
>>
>>320924956
It's fun though, and there isn't too mucb in relation to CoD. Matches go much faster, no regening health, no retardedly unfair advantages given to the leading team, etc. I liked ghost in the shell back in the day, it's really nice seeing it get a game that does it justice.
>>
>first early access game was Starbound
>it was a fucking catastrophe
>cannot look at early access games the same ever again
>>
>>320924956
Isn't the forest single player?
>>
I'm a big fan of h1z1. The battle royal mode is pretty tense. 100-150 players all parachute down onto the map where guns and ammo are everywhere, and it's a fight to be the last man standing. As the game progresses poison gas is release, forcing the players slowly to converge to a safe zone that gets smaller and smaller.

Anyone know if squad is good?
>>
>>320926189
No, multi l. Last I played, over a year ago, it was bugged to fk tho
>>
Killing Floor 2. But I don't really know. Shit, I think it is shit. Getting worse with every update. Just like a certain other game.
I'm looking at you PayDay2.
>>
>>320926289
Is it the same as ARMA3 BR mod? Cause it is shit in ARMA3.
>>
>>320926770
I never played Arma3, so I couldn't tell you. I have a fun time with it though
>>
>DayZ
All the potential in the world, will never be realized, game will never be complete, shittiest game engine in history.

>Rust
Was fun until relaunch, then lost interest. Runs on 2nd worst game engine in history.

I will never buy another early access game again.
>>
>>320926709

It's good, but needs far more weapons, maps and some serious bug fixing
>>
>>320926863
ARMA3 has this problem with very little weapons in it. At least it was my experience. You chute down, run around, find nothing, get shot in the face.
repeat.
>>320926885
DayZ - some anon said it was getting a lot better with last update. Will try it today, need to reinstall it.
Rust - Don't fucking get me started on the performance after the re-launch. Fucking unplayable game.
>>320927006
Trouble is, it is updating too slow. That is why we (me and my friends) decided to wait for it to fully launch, cause we were burning out of it pretty fast. Same three maps and same perks.
Any chance you can tell me if they changed how berserker works now? Is it any better?
>>
>>320927125
>ARMA3 has this problem with very little weapons in it. At least it was my experience. You chute down, run around, find nothing, get shot in the face.
Oh, well it all depends honestly. Weapons are fucking stacked, but only in buildings or camp sites. Sometimes you get unlucky and parachute not near a building or camp site and you have to run to one. As long as you get a decent spawn you'll find a gun no problem. Each house usually has 2-4 guns, and that's if it's not a two story
>>
Subnautica

Darkwood if you're into atmospheric horror.
>>
I'm enjoying Uncraft World at the moment. Not sure how much time I can sink into it
>>
I am waiting for Ground Branch, but they are not even in EA right now.
>>
killing floor 2 is alright but the devs are jewing it up in EA and content and balance patches happen slowly

basically there's 3 months between content and balance patches, after they do a content patch they'll balance and patch the game for about a month and then disappear until the next content patch

kinda sucks, the game is fun but it needs weapons and balancing badly, some classes are just not useful or fun to play
>>
>>320926885
>>320926885
You simply have a shit PC. Mine runs fine and my mates run it on the highest graphics. Best fun I've had in video games in years. I bet you were all autistic and awkward so erry one killed your scrawny noob ass on site
>>
File: brigador.jpg (305 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
brigador.jpg
305 KB, 1680x1050
Brigador

And if you don't believe me https://mega.nz/#!j9R1jDqY!wjJ22WJbmKEWHeUxoodMPIJ2qQv0sACHk9fpafXVgYc
>>
Darkest Dungeon is very good
>>
File: spex.png (35 KB, 662x492) Image search: [Google]
spex.png
35 KB, 662x492
>>320928051
>You simply have a shit PC.
Not that anon and you might be right, but I tried to run DayZ right now and got a solid 1(one) fps.
>>
Sales when?
>>
>>320929084

Tomorrow
>>
What percent of early access games end with the dev either abandoning or forcing the game into a "released" stage before it's actually done? 60% 80%
>>
>>320923087
Starbound is going good.
>>
Is Zomboid good? I'm kind of interested but the fact that it has been in Early Access for ages scares me off.
>>
>>320929136
The usual time?
That's more than 32 hours on my end
>>
>>320929327
>out in 2013 no matter what
>almost 2016, still looks like it's in alpha despite its beta status
Fuck off, Chucklefuck.
>>
>>320929327
I still feel regret reselling it for those chucklefucks.
>>
>>320929252
>before it's actually done

Problem with this is "actually done" is just going to be pure opinion.

You can say not having everything they wanted in the game means it's unfinished but that would mean almost every game released in the last 30 years is unfinished.

Why do people take talk of aspirations for a game to be some sort of absolute guarantee that they will definitely deliver and if they don't it's because the devs are scamming scumbags who took the money and skipped the country?
>>
>>320930276
didn't mean them not adding a few side things they couldn't pull off. meant major stuff like stability/optimization, basic and key game features, ect. Like starforge
>>
>>320928051
Are you confusing the mod with the standalone?
Standalone promised higher fps but delivered lower on average. Regardless of the pc the engine is fucking abysmal and you'd have to be a deluded drone to think that the performance it gives is acceptable. Are we ever going to see any of the promised content either? 90% of what was scheduled for 2015 hasn't been done lmao
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.