[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Debating if I should get a Psvita or not. >>Good PSVITA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: download (2).jpg (5 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5 KB, 287x176
Debating if I should get a Psvita or not.
>>Good PSVITA games thread.
>>inb4 the obvious Borderlands 2,Uncharted,Etc.
>>
File: 1447448641737.gif (221 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1447448641737.gif
221 KB, 200x200
>>320917120
>borderlands 2, uncharted
>obvious good
>good
>obvious
>borderlands 2
>good
>>
>>320917120
Do you like Japanese games?

Do you like mediocre to awful Japanese games laden with fanservice out the wazoo?

Have you not bought all those really popular indie games in the past five years and want them on the go.

If the answer is yes to the first, then the system may be worth your time. Ifyes for the first two then it's a steal.
>>
>>320917120
If you have to ask for recommendations to decide on buying a platform, you clearly weren't interested in it enough in the first place.
>>
>>320917120

If you find utility in handhelds and are willing to eat the cost of the memory cards, it's not a bad purchase at all

Can recommend Gravity Rush + Tearaway, though admittedly you can play both on PS4 now.
>>
>>320917120
borderlands vita version is fucking terrible

buy dragons crown and muramasa. freedom wars is also quite good.
>>
I love my vita!
I actually just bought a new one because I wanted the white assassin's creed one.
>>
File: Moe Chronicle package.jpg (370 KB, 1080x1440) Image search: [Google]
Moe Chronicle package.jpg
370 KB, 1080x1440
>>
>>320919189
This game was fun
>>
Only get it if you like jap games.

My suggested list is Dragon's Crown, Muramasa, Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Ys, Toukiden, Danganronpa 1+2, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 4 DAN if you like rhythm games.

Zero's Escape 2 is also great if you don't have the 3ds version already.
>>
Neither of those are good, but real talk, if you're not a weeb don't think that vita games will make this console worth it for you, if you are then by George go for it. But it not it will likely be a psp, ps1, and ported games machine. In my opinion it's the best way to play hotline Miami and the sequel. The oled screen on the 1st gen models is very sharp looking even compared to higher resolution led screens. Games I recommend highly:
Persona 4 the golden
Gravity rush
Ys celceta
Hotline Miami
Mgs 2 and 3 (konami doesn't have mgs 1, silent hill 1, and many other ps1 classics available on the vita for no good reason)
You can get every final fantasy 10 and back on it
If you're into monster hunter there's some good clones like toukiden
>>
>>320918678
Gravity rush port isn't out quite yet
>>
Malicious Rebirth
>>
>>320919274
I felt zero escape 2 was a drastic departure from 1 to the weeb side, the taking bunny was sooo obnoxious in a bad way. Also dancing all night was just good looking garbage. If you actually like rythm games grab project diva f, strangely solid rythm game
>>
Just how connected are the corpse party games? The vita one was on sale but if they're heavily reliant on each other, I think I'll just wait for another sale for the psp ones.
Also Steins;Gate: PS3 or Vita? I have a PS TV if that matters but I'm planning on getting a vita eventually
>>
1000 model or 2000 model?

Help me /v/ I can't decide
>>
>>320922112
1000 has a (far) better screen
2000 is lighter for your girly little fag hands, I'm surprised you don't get mummy to hold it for you, you WEAKLING
>>
NO GAMES
>>
>>320921025
For Corpse Party, it is absolutely 100% required to go First -> Final chapter of Book of Shadows (rest is just alternative retellings of bits of the first one, only the last chapter is new stuff but it's absolutely required) -> Blood Drive

That said, I'm a long time fan of Corpse Party and Blood Drive is a massive shift in tone from the first. I honestly don't know if I can really enjoy it. And for some fucking reason, the voices are EXTREMELY low quality sound. Everything else is perfectly fine, but the voices are atrocious, even though they're the most important bit. It's ridiculous. At least it doesn't make it difficult to sleep at night like the first did to me.
>>
>>320921025
Get it on your Vita, once you actually get a portable Vita; late night reading on your bed is fantastic.
>>320922112
Depends on what you want, but I personally prefer the 1000. Its build quality just feels nicer, and some games look very sharp on the OLED screen; however, the 2000 has a slightly better battery life, but it isn't that longer. Just grab the one that looks better in your opinion.
>>
>>320922350
How do you play a vita laying down anon? I'm super curious, I can never seem to get comfy
>>
>>320922552
Not him but a grip made laying down comfy for me.
>>
Vita has the best version of Rayman Legends, I highly recommend it

Gravity Rush is also cool
>>
>>320922552
Not that guy, but I play it lying on my side. I imagine that the super light 2000 model helps with this.
>>
>>320922350
Someone told me one of the downsides to the OLED screen is tendency for burn-in after extended use. If I found a 1000 model tomorrow what are the chances of it capping out on me a year or two from now?

Also, is there anywhere to get a 1000 model new or in near-perfect condition used, or am I stuck looking on craiglist/dealing with shitty gamestop employees who act flabbergasted when you want to buy something that isnt the newest or shiniest cawadooty playing machine?

Almost impulse bought one used yesterday from from my local gamestop, but ended up walking out when the guy gave me shit about asking to try it out before I buy and kept trying to get me to buy the slim model for its "better battery life"
>>
>>320923189
I've had a 1000 for years now and there's no hint of burn-in. The only screen oddity that I've heard of appearing, and is on mine too, is a kind of black inky blotchy effect when the screen's entirely black - meaning totally invisible when there's anything actually happening on the screen. Not even "you won't notice it", it's not possible to see if there's any kind of colour on the screen, so it's as good as not there.

You can allegedly find cheap, barely-used ones frequently in burgerland, though I haven't really seen anything like that here in kangarooland.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.