[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helldivers thread. Yesterday in a team of two we managed to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: -12633192523_ca3c909168_z.jpg (120 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
-12633192523_ca3c909168_z.jpg
120 KB, 640x360
Helldivers thread.

Yesterday in a team of two we managed to beat cyborg planet 7.

Considering each next level adds a new enemy, and there are about 5 more ahead, and level 7 added those tanks, I shudder to think what awaits us next.

Also: you can play multiplayer with pirated version - just make you're using a smurf steam account, just to be safe.
>>
>>320911224
I'm thinking about getting this game. Should I get the base game or the deluxe version?
>>
>>320913272
My choice is always try before buy. I had all DLC unlocked initially so I really can't say.
>>
I played a bunch of this game when it came out on ps4 and then just dropped it for some reason. is online dead? should i get back into it?
>>
>>320913272
The only DLC that really matters is the Ranger one because of the UAV drone it reveals objectives you'd normally have to look for.
It's not necessary but it's nice sometimes,

I kinda got to the point where I could solo Helldive missions and ended up getting bored though. It is fun though not mad at the money I spent on it
>>
>>320913558
I really don't think this would be as fun with strangers as with someone you know.

Played together with just one just one guy, with skype for voice chat, we had a session about 5 hours long and by the end I was laughing so hard at our fuckups I was crying.

You won't get this playing with randoms.
>>
>>320913682
>>320913272
I'll also add that LAS-16 Sickle, an awesome weapon for early missions, is a part of DLC too, as I just found out.
>>
Should I buy this?

Stuff is community effort related, what if servers die, no more multiplayer ever?
>>
>>320914413
I really don't know why I am replying to every post at this point, but you can pirate and then buy if you like it. It may be good or bad depending on your preferences.
>>
>>320914646

Alright sounds good.

Can you solo shit or do you always need a team?
>>
>>320914782
When you git gud you can solo everything except bosses. I think bosses are just too difficult to do on your own because of the stratagem amount restriction on some armor.

But pretty much anything that's level 1 to 12 ('Dive in the park' to 'Helldive') difficulty you can do on your own.
>>
>>320914947
So if I don't have internet or the servers are down, I'm fucked? Can I use lan or local coop or anything?
>>
>>320914782
>>320915216
You can do solo. I'm pretty sure you also can play without internet connection, and you do earn promotions and rewards playing offline.

But this kind of game really shines when played together, so you'll be missing out on a lot of fun.
>>
>>320911224
IIRC, the only new cyborg enemy you have yet to face is an exosuit trooper with a semiautomatic grenade launcher.

Higher difficulties beyond this will only impact on map size and the frequency of high level enemy spawns.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.