[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh who wants to bet they'll remove the game corner too?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: jynxership.jpg (714 KB, 1704x1280) Image search: [Google]
jynxership.jpg
714 KB, 1704x1280
oh

who wants to bet they'll remove the game corner too?
>>
Are they already out on the JP Virtual Console?
>>
looks like jynx to me
>>
What am I looking at
>>
>>320910678
full black on the face seems to have been replaced with dark gray in R/B to match Jynx's purple-face change
>>
WE WAS POKEYMANZ N SHIT
>>
>>320910678
Censorship confirmed for the Virtual Console Pokemon games, apparently.
>>
this isn't censorship
>>
File: ngbbs47c1cbb4646fd.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs47c1cbb4646fd.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
>>320910380
>>
If anything it was "censored" ages ago, turning NiggerJinx to PurpleJinx shows they're not just throwing around old ROMs and adding a trade feature.
>>
File: spearow2.png (53 KB, 480x432) Image search: [Google]
spearow2.png
53 KB, 480x432
Spearow is lighter too.
Eat a dick you piece of shit and talk about video games
>>
>>320910380
Just emulate it? It's been possible for many years now.
>>
>>320910380
Is Missingno. still present?
>>
>>320911074
Actually, that difference is because OP's pic is from the Japanese version, which has different sprites.
>>
>>320910380
I can't believe people used to defend this garbage bin of a company
>>
File: jynxtcg.png (12 KB, 517x177) Image search: [Google]
jynxtcg.png
12 KB, 517x177
>>320911025
If they're going to dive into the code and modify these old games, at least make the games fully fucking functional on VC. Otherwise, it's still just throwing around old ROMs.

They went through the trouble of re-censoring Jynx in the VC version of TCG despite the fact that it was already censored in the original, but didn't bother to implement IR for card pop (despite the 3DS actually having an actual IR port), which makes it impossible to collect all the cards/deck machines in the game.

They could've easily just added an extra method for obtaining the missing cards, but instead chose to use their time on making Jynx purple and removing references to card pop and multiplayer throughout the game. Nice.
>>
Were any blacks actually offended by this or was it just whites acting hurt on their behalf like usual?
>>
>>320912792
The actual singular person who kickstarted the controversy was a black "cultural critic" writer who circulated an article about it until the bandwagon arrived at Nintendo. So it was the former.
>>
>you will never play through Pokemon red/blue for the first time
Being a kid without responsibilities was so cool.
>>
Can I still catch MissingNo?
>>
>>320913457
no
>>
>whitewashing

AYO HOL UP

WE WUZ POKEMONZ N SHIET
>>
>>320910380
why is there a picture of a gamboy playing pokemon on the 3ds?
>>
>>320914125
virtual console
>>
>>320910974
I care
>>
>>320910380
The game corner will be there, but you can only buy coins and can't actually play the slot machines.
>>
>>320914606
I remember getting so good that those things i could jackpot like 30% of the time just to get that fucking porygon.
>>
>>320911186
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jynx_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29#Sprites

Japanese gen1 is barely any different. Gen2 (scroll down a bit) is though.
>>
>>320910380
Jynx on the bottom kind of looks like Pepe.
>>
>>320910903
You're right. It's Nintendo being forced to change the appearance of one of their creations based on the incorrect assumption that it was cracking a joke at niggers.
>>
>>320911168
That's a good question. If they're changing shit, are they gonna patch bugs?
>>
>>320914826
Someone make a smug jynx please.
>>
I know it's Wikipedia but it says February 27 is worldwide release, Bulbapedia lists it as that too.
>>
>>320914790
What are you talking about?

The point of >>320911186 was that the reason the Spearow in OP looks different to the one in >>320911074 is because it's the Japanese sprite. >>320911074 thought it was a palette change, not really paying attention to the fact that they're completely different sprites.
>>
File: forever-crashing.gif (2 MB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
forever-crashing.gif
2 MB, 384x384
What integrity is lost in this change, exactly? Like what value do you think the artist added to their work by originally making the skin black that isn't retained?

Moreover, why do you feel you are a better judge of the value of what is lost than the authors themselves? They made Jynx. They looked at Jynx later and thought "huh, this looks like a thing. I don't need it to. I don't mind changing this." Who made you the better judge?

Fucking internet warriors and your God damned retarded causes.
>>
>>320914737
I learned how to completely exploit the Game Corner in G/S/C to where I could win every single time. It was great. At that point it wasn't even gambling, and more like money farming just like any other JRPG.
>>
>>320915445
I remember thinking when i was a kid if i could get that good at real slots i could be rich.
Maybe it's a good thing they stopped featuring slots in the games
>>
are they fixing the useless shit like whirlwind and roar not switching or focus energy lowering crit chances? Will you be able to send them to the poor Bank?
If not, what's the point?
>>
>>320915283
I think the point is more that they're changing the game at all for VC instead of leaving a pretty major classic game be. It hints at even bigger changes in the western version, such as removing references to gambling, as they've done in the Pokemon remakes.

Nobody actually cares that Jynx became purple. What they care about is that they're fucking around with old games and removing features for the sake of censorship instead of just giving us the old games while promising that they'll "preserve the games exactly as they were".
>>
>>320912451
>nintendo
>giving a shit about overrated roms
Nintendo is the Disney of video games, i thought you fags were already familiar with this
>>
it was always a retarded pokemon design but i prefer the black face.
>>
>>320911345
Right now nintendo is the least cancerous of the big ones, since they need to protect their image and reputation they are more sneaky with the jew jitsu and censorship, or else their manchildren and actual children fans will realize they are not the good guys and will give them the EA treatment
>>
File: 1450070762830.jpg (60 KB, 991x902) Image search: [Google]
1450070762830.jpg
60 KB, 991x902
>>320913684
>>
All they did was put it on a white backdrop instead of a green-tinted screen. Did none of you niggers play this shit on Game Boy Pocket's superior screen?
>>
I'm happy I still have a GBASP and my original copies of RBY, it's not like they had a battery that erased your save like GSC.
>>
You really expect a modern day company to keep a blatantly racist caricature from the 90s in their game?
Are you actually stupid? They got rid of that by gen 2.
>>
>>320910380
>unchanged
you say?

Can I get the horrendous GB frames off atleast?
>>
>>320916672
why do people bother posting if they aren't even going to look at the op or ongoing discussion?
>>
>>320915283
Oh, I just don't like the change because it was caused by some butthurt retard who thought it was racist. Even if it was blackface, blackface doesn't mean the same thing over in Japan as it does over here. It's lost its original meaning over their. I don't like people giving in to idiots pressuring them.
>>
>>320915592
I never thought that. I knew that real gambling was based off of chance and I couldn't just exploit it like I could in Pokémon.
>>
>>320916791
yes. default mode actually has the gb screen scaled up to the 3ds' vertical resolution. you have to manually select the bordered 1:1 mode (hold start or select while booting the game)

so don't worry, scalefags like you will still get their ugly blurry version. after all, bigger is better amirite?
>>
>>320916154
Disney is WAY smarter than nintendo.
Nintendo is a company that got its start by appealing to children and thinks it still is, but doesn't realise it's as unpopular as ever with kids because kids these days like violence and sex and their business model consists of milking their old fame for all it's worth with shallower sequels and EA levels of DLC bullshit.
Disney is still as popular as ever with kids and shows no signs of weakening.
>>
>>320917013
>rather play with horribly custom frames than in fullscreen mode actually applying the full use of the hardware's screen
>rather play a 800×240 device in original 160 x 144 resolution

Are you baiting me?
>>
File: jynx.jpg (65 KB, 459x522) Image search: [Google]
jynx.jpg
65 KB, 459x522
>>320915053
delivering
>>
>>320917589
no, I'd rather play a 160x144 game in 160x144 mode, unless I can do an integer scale, but that's not possible on a 240px screen height.

actual dimensions-wise, the framed 1:1 mode is nearly the same size on a 3DS XL screen as playing on an original GB. the image is a lot sharper in this mode and perfectly visible at that size, so I prefer it over blur-o-vision.

I can understand if you have a tiny 3DS, I guess
>>
>>320910380
It looks exactly the same.
>>
File: jynxalt.jpg (81 KB, 459x522) Image search: [Google]
jynxalt.jpg
81 KB, 459x522
>>320917984
Also here is an alt
>>
>>320915857
But that's not a new occurrence. Wave Rave 64 lost its ads. Any VC version of Zelda 2 tones down the rapid flashing when you die because of the whole pokemon seizure thing they'll never live down.
>>
>>320918229
>i'm blind
>>
>>320918412
the skin tone is slightly lighter are you going to lose your shit over that? you're like one of those chumps who cried when the anime tits were taken away from that steam game
>>
>>320918229
It's a lighter shade of grey!
Nintendo censoring strikes again!
What's next?! Political rivals?! "Amoral" ideologies?!?!?!
WHERE WILL THIS MADNESS END?!
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.