[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is realm of the mad god still any good? i used to play it like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: rotmg.png (308 KB, 485x417) Image search: [Google]
rotmg.png
308 KB, 485x417
is realm of the mad god still any good? i used to play it like crazy years ago and have been wanting to get back into it
>>
shameful self bump
>>
bump

anybody still play this?
>>
they bumped up the dev team to two people recently so theres some updates coming out that are pretty decent now.
I only really hop on and play until I die every couple of months but it still seems pretty good
>>
>>320906269
it's good but you can just buy godliness
which i don't give a shit about but getting godly without paying for anything takes forrrrrrreveerrrrrrr
>>
Yeah I still play it alot. I have a friend who is really crazy into it, buying items and shit all the time, taking it way too seriously. But it's still really fun. Unfortunately the godlands is sort of useless nowadays since they don't drop pots/items like they used to, now you have no choice but to do dungeouns or farm for a million years for a tier 7 staff or whatever.
>>
Game is kinda retarded nowadays. I've played for around 3 years

>>320908181
This isn't true, godlands have been the same way since Build 10 right after Build 9 when they thought it was a good idea to remove pots from godlands, it backfired and was changed back. I highly doubt they changed it back AGAIN cause I haven't been on for awhile, but I can hop on and check
>buying items
With real money? Cause if so what a fucking waste lmao
>>
>>320908490
Are you sure? Because I've been playing it the last couple of days, and being in godlands is just such a drag nowadays. I really feel like pots used to drop way mire frequently. But that was way back when there were only 3 types of bags. Brown, blue, and white. Those were the days
>>
Devs are Jewish, it's an ok game.
>>
>>320909079
I'll just hop on and farm for an hour with my wiz and report back with results if thread is still up honestly. As far as I know there haven't been any subtle drop rate changes
>>
i just beat the tutorial and have been grinding a little/doing quests and i feel like the gameplay was slowed down a bit since i stopped playing

i feel like last time i played the speed was insane blazing through dungeons with higher level players trying the grab some of their scraps that they've left behind
>>
>>320909820
Sounds like you never actually played the game
>>
>>320909820
Yeah. I remember xp trains. All players get a speed buff whenever they're om a road, so all realms had was one train in the middle of the map, filled with players blazing through enemies like a... train.
>>
>>320910004
yes i did i played way back in 2012/13

i remember there being different dungeons and i think if people beat enough bosses a sort of end dungeon would open up for all the players
>>
>>320910264
No, as in, you never actually got into the game.
The game doesn't start until you have a couple 4/8+ characters
>>
>>320910264
I think you're talking about oryx. Whenever the players in a realm kill all of oryx's guardians the realm is closed and all players are teleported to his lair.
>>
i keep randomly disconnecting and nothings happening when i hit the space bar even though i have a scroll equipped and have full mana
am i just lagging a lot?

>>320910423
yeah thats what it was
>>
>>320909247
Postin Realmeye by the way
http://www.realmeye.com/player/XboxAllDae
>>
>>320910615
Well... check controls?
>>
>>320910619
That's neato. I like the dyes, those aren't for sale anymore, correct? Here's mine
http://www.realmeye.com/player/lajne
>>
>>320911024
Jester is only available through puppet dungeon
Not sure about the others
>>
>>320911234
I remeber when they were avaliable to everone. Atleast the people could be creative. The new skins... meh
>>
>>320912151
I never cared for skins. Only a couple did I bother with
Game lost its magic when all my friends quit desu. I miss talking to everyone on Mumble for hours at a time, I was able to keep in contact with good friends like McFarvo somewhat though.
>>
>>320906269
>is realm of the mad god still any good?
Haha no. It's basically an Israeli embassy now with KABAM running it.
>>
>>320909820
UDLs are good for that. Manors are good for that too if you're lucky enough to find one.
>>
It's still enjoyable, but it's changed for the worse
>>
okay can anyone help me?
i keep getting randomly disconnected is it because im playing this using my browser or is it my internet connection?
>>
>>320912818
It's like I'm really on Yahoo! Questions

hello!

Have you tried deleting System32?
>>
>>320912942
im just trying to play over here

dont you have a file name thread you should be posting in?
>>
>>320906269

When the original developers sold it to Kabam they started introducing more micro transactions and they game slowly turned into pay2win I stopped playing there but my brother kept playing on my account and I'd watch from time to time.

I think their biggest mistake was adding pets which would constantly heal you and recharge your mana. Once you had a super powerful pet you could sit there tanking hits all day. These pets could become god like if you invested enough real life money in them. You could also do this using rare items but it's slow and inefficient.

To fix players tanking everything with their pets. Kabam started introducing more bosses with one hit kill moves.This is a perma death game so now players have to spend days starting their account from scratch because that 1 tiny innocent looking bullet just wiped them out.

I used to make videos of this game years ago. Youtube account's been dead for three years now though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgb6Pj4Zo8E
>>
>>320914719
Your name rings a bell, I'm >>320910619
>>
>>320915120
My memory is really shit haha sorry but hey it looks like we both created our accounts around the same time (aprox 4 years ago)

There's also the possibility that you played with my younger brother if you met me recently. He kinda took over my account when I stopped.
>>
>>320915801
I was thinking 2-3 years ago in Dredknot's mumble
>>
>>320915858
It probably was my brother.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.