[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people act as if Bowser being the main Antagonist is suddenly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Why do people act as if Bowser being the main Antagonist is suddenly bad?

Why does Bowser have to be a fucking dumbass joke of a goofball in the RPG's?
>>
>>320905997
Cause he's a fucking joke in the mainline games.Not saying he shouldn't be the main villain though.
>>
>>320906814
Bowser destroyed the universe though. He's legit one of the most accomplished villains in vidya. He's pretty much the Dr. Doom of games.
>>
File: Its a me muther fucker.png (48 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Its a me muther fucker.png
48 KB, 300x168
Honestly 64 and Paper Jam will be the only legit games with Bowser as a primary

In Dream Team, the fucker got everything given to him by Antasma, he did absolute nothing by himself until only after Antasma gave him support and made him a castle

I will admit though, Bowser betraying Antasma, with the game making you feel as if Antasma was planning something but actually wasnt, was fucking kek
>>
>>320905997
Because the RPG's were at one point, an alternative from the usual Mario fare. Paper Mario wasn't bad for having Bowser as the main villain, but all the other villains/bosses were great and well developed.

Superstar Saga? Amazing.
>>
Who's the best antagonist in any mario RPG and why is it Dimentio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvmfyJw1IOU
>>
>>320909102
Is Dimentio the only mario villain that's canonically killed mario?
>>
>>320909285
Technically, Bowser did just that in Paper Mario. If he wasn't revived, he would have been dead.
>>
It's just another in a long list of steps that they're taking away from what made Mario RPGs so unique and more towards the standard Mario design. Bowser has already been done, he's expected, and that makes him kind of boring.
>>
If he wasn't a dumbass joke goofball, he'd succeeded already
>>
>>320905997
It's good when we get to see him doing something different-- in Paper Jam we find out he's a loving but inattentive father who doesn't realize his son is crying out for attention-- but when he just does the same thing he's always done then it's boring.
>>
>>320906814
>Cause he's a fucking joke in the mainline games.

He was pretty intimidating in the first Mario Galaxy.

Well, as intimidating as a Mario game can get at least.
>>
>>320906814
He was serious in Mario 3 and SMW.

>In Mario 3 you actually go to hell to fight Bowser.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.