[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
alright mother fuckers listen up! i wanna make a game but i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450220060843.jpg (35 KB, 320x322) Image search: [Google]
1450220060843.jpg
35 KB, 320x322
alright mother fuckers listen up! i wanna make a game but i have 0 knowledge of anything and i dont really know what program to use. i also dont know what tutorials to watch or if its going to be a 3d or 2d games!!!!! HELP ME /V/IRGINS
>>
Go to college.
>>
>download unity
>watch unity guides on youtube
>make shitty game and get rich off retards
>>
>>320905432
theres a general on >>>/vg/
>>
just be the idea guy
>>
>>320905506
>go to college
>>
>>320905517
is unity any good? people are always debating between unity and unreal
>>320905551
i have one or two ideas
>>
>>320905432
You will need to learn how to program and then you will need to save up money ro hire an artist. Or just make a dime a dozen unity game wth stock assets that will not even pay off the cheetos you ate while devving
>>
>>320905432
Alright. For software you have these options I know that I use:
3D - Unity and Blender (both free)
I also use Lightwave, but I bought that because... well, that's my job.
For 2D, it depends on the genre.
- GameMaker and Fusion 2.5 for accessibility
- Unity also does 2D
- RPG Maker
After that, play a bunch of games. Understand why games are doing certain things. Studying indies helps as well.
Then, make something YOU want to play. Forget what others want. Your first project should be something you want!
Secondly, keep it simple. Don't be trying to make another MMO or something broad like that. Just pick a genre, and make it short and sweet.

Study study study. If talent doesn't work... hire somebody. Kickstart your idea. PLAN EFFECTIVELY.
>>
>>320905934
i honestly thought that no one was gonna help me in here... but you sir! thank youu
>>
>>320905934
Lightwave has been canceled so why would anybody learn it and unity isn't free when you go to publish. Cryengine is cheaper in the long run and better
>>
>>320906231
What do you mean Lightwave is canceled?
There's a 2015 version of the software and it's amazing for animating and modeling.
Are we talking about the same lightwave here?
https://www.lightwave3d.com/
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.