[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, has anyone played this game yet? I really loved fallout 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: underrail.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
underrail.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
so, has anyone played this game yet?
I really loved fallout 1 and 2, people are saying its the closest thing

someone try to talk me out of buying it, I really dont feel like getting the buyers remorse (I am too lazy to do steam refunds)
>>
Stop posting your fucking memegame underfags
>>
>>320899659
Haven't played it, but from what I've heard it has good gameplay, interesting characters, and a world that's worth exploring, but that the story is pretty standard, and the dialogue can be wonky at times.
>>
>>320899747
does that look like undertale to you retard?
>>
>>320899659
Yes. I bought the beta and played around 5 hours, then I decided to wait for the final version and I must finish 2nd Alien Isolation run before continuing it. Very enjoyable game, up there for a goty with Age of Decadence.
>>
>>320899659
I only played 6 hours into it, I am enjoying it though, has a small learning curve but it gets better after you get the gist of it, if anything this give me more of a shadowrun vibe, except it's underground and not too cyberpunky
>>
>>320899659

>game has been in early access for years
>rapidly dwindling interest
>devs try to push it out early in order to cash in on the Undermeme hype
Should have done it earlier tbqh
>>
Excellent game. Not for storyfags, but if you like good combat with excellent exploration and atmosphere get it.
>>
File: 1428819480774.jpg (7 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
1428819480774.jpg
7 KB, 250x238
>>320899659
Fucking hell tumblr back to /vg/

Ebin jokes aside, would you guys say it's worth the buy? How's it compare to something like Shadowrun or Wasteland?
>>
File: 1450257421403.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
1450257421403.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>>320899659
>someone try to talk me out of buying it

Awful-ass walking speed the entire time, even when you're in town and just trying to get to the 50 traders so you can sell your items because each trader only buys some items. "But anonymous", you might say, "But anonymous, Baldur's Gate only moved at walking speed!". This is true. But Baldur's Gate also let you fast travel between almost every discovered area from any area exit point. You might have a long winding path of exploration to the completion of a quest in BG, but you can instantly bop back to town to finish it. In Underrail you're gonna be walking every inch of those cleared tunnels again because "It's so old school!"

Bullet sponge enemies. Do you like shooting rats and beetles 4-6 times each with a gun?

Related to bullet sponge enemies, HP gain from leveling. Some people don't care, but others don't like when "Ha ha, I'm high level, I have 4 times as much health as you" occurs.

Enemy packed corridors. It's some Diablo-like shit. You'll find a tunnel with 3 exits, and down each exit will be a group of enemies.

One of those "Every build is valid but some are more valid than others" games. In the other shilling threads retards will flail about wildly and proclaim every build under the sun is viable and good, and then will later write off entire skills as worthless shit such as lockpicking and mercantile.

Combat is mandatory, so if any of the other combat related complaints such as bullet sponges sounds like something that would irritate you, add this multiplier on top.

No in-game maps, so either rely on memory from day to day and play session to play session or open up a wiki or get a notepad and pencil.

Do you like crafting systems in CRPGs? 'cause if not you're gonna get loved up the butt because to git gud in Underrail you have to craft the best shit.

Weapon durability 'cause as everyone knows games are more fun when your gun goes to shit after firing it.

Underrail a shit.
>>
File: 1396775582362.jpg (38 KB, 422x412) Image search: [Google]
1396775582362.jpg
38 KB, 422x412
>>320902798

I like that you caught this thread on page 10 just before it was archived with your question as to the quality of the game, friend. :) *Wink* :D
>>
>>320903338
I actually just saw the game on steam and wanted to make a joke thread because it's title sounded like undertale but I got a duplicate file error. Doesn't sound like I want to buy it though
>>
>>320903451

Definitely not if you like the characters/writing/dialog in Shadowrun. There's fuck-all of that in this. Compared to Wasteland 2 it's a different beast since they share a lot of similar problems but Underrail is a single character game and WL2 is a party. They're both disappointingly executed combat fests to me, so maybe if you liked WL2 you'd dig Underrail. But losing the party and no longer having cover rules and no shotguns all may let you down.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.