[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does reddit hate this game so much? But love The Witcher 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 238x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 238x293
Why does reddit hate this game so much? But love The Witcher 3?
>>
Witcher 3 has more choices, a better story, and better gameplay, and more content.

Oh and the graphics don't look like a smudged oil painting.
>>
>>320897207
The Witcher 3 has a much better and more cohesive story, a more fleshed out world, performs better with way less bugs and crashes, and the graphics are miles beyond anything bethesda could ever churn out in their entire lifespan as a company. Even the gameplay is better compared to the shitty shooting mechanics of Fallout 4.
>>
>>320897348
>more choices
And all those choices are irrelevant
>better story
Marginally, maybe, let's not pretend Witcher is a masterpiece of video game storytelling
>better gameplay
No
>more content
"Content" is a meaningless buzzword for people who love open world games with thousands of collectibles and throwaway side quests. Quality over quantity
>better graphics
People say this, but I strongly disagree. Fallout's world is much more interesting to look at.
>>
>>320898150
Wew lad, you must be high on some pretty intense drugs.
>>
>>320897207
I hate both those games and I don't use reddit.
>>
>>320898150
On a pure technical level Witcher 3 looks better in every way.

I usually believe aesthetics are more important than graphics, but Fallout 4's textures are more muddy and shit than Dishonored's were.
>>
>>320898150
>content
>buzzword
Have fun killing generic Raider #57 in Ruined Building #11 to help Two-Person Settlement #4, friend.
>>
>>320898150
If you're comparing strictly off RPG mechanics, TW3 shits on F04.
>>
>>320897207
To be honest I have no idea why Reddit loves TW3.

It's not a game I would have ever expected to have so much casual appeal.
>>
Because Reddit thinks what we tell them to think
>>
>>320897207
Because there is literally nothing that Fallout does better than TW3. Everything is either on the same level or worse
>>
>>320898150
None of your refutations address the original topic.
>>
>>320898150
>Quality over quantity
All of which TW3 does better than FO4
>>
>>320897207
Marketing. "Gamers" hate Bethesda but will get down on their knees to suck off CD Projekt. That's literally the reason these two games received the critical response they did.
>>
>>320899078
Right. You aren't retarded at all.
>>
>>320899181
Did I hit a nerve there you neckbeard?
>>
>>320899181
It's not entirely retarded.

If you've ever read into video game journalism, what you learn is that reviews aren't paid for (when they are it's the exception), but instead that 99% of reviews are already decided before they even sit down with the game. Only in cases where it's dramatically different from expectations does it change.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.