[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best video game movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: Street-Fighter-MOVIE-POSTER.jpg (139 KB, 590x756) Image search: [Google]
Street-Fighter-MOVIE-POSTER.jpg
139 KB, 590x756
What's the best video game movie?
>>
the best one i saw was the silent hill movie

it was still crap, but not as crappy as you'd expect a video game movie to be. which is kind of like saying "he's short, but not as short as you'd expect a midget to be"
>>
I never saw a single one. They all look pretty terrible. Is there any one that could really be considered good?
>>
only ones I've seen is SMB (nice in a so bad it's good way), MK (great), and that SF (barely even remember it)
>>
Death Race
>>
A lot of people say Mortal Kombat, but I personally don't think it really captured the spirit of the games all that well. It was just another cheesy martial arts movie, and they could have attempted to at least make it a little bit more violent. It also surprised me that Sub-Zero wasn't Chinese, and how little the ninjas in general had to do with the film.

But I digress. My vote goes for Ace Attorney. Even if it doesn't hold a candle to the game it's based on, they at least tried.
>>
Mortal Kombat
>>
File: mario-bros-movie.jpg (30 KB, 480x319) Image search: [Google]
mario-bros-movie.jpg
30 KB, 480x319
>unironically adore it
>>
File: tuesday.gif (932 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tuesday.gif
932 KB, 500x200
>>320897141
OP has it.

Raul Julia, dying of cancer and wanting one last big paycheck for the senpai, proceeds to chew the scenery like a starving man and singlehandedly turns a piece of shit shlockfest into a "So bad it's good" classic.
>>
>>320899892
>wanting one last big paycheck for the senpai
it wasn't just that; they were filming near where he lived and he wanted to be with his kids. so he could make one last paycheck and also spend time with them
>>
>>320898162
>A lot of people say Mortal Kombat, but I personally don't think it really captured the spirit of the games all that well.

you had to be there at the time. what we had been fed so far was stuff like the mario and street fighter movies.

to see the actual concept/story of the game come through, and the characters be pretty damn faithful, was huge.
>>
File: tippin40.gif (327 KB, 500x203) Image search: [Google]
tippin40.gif
327 KB, 500x203
>For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
for you, the street fighter movie was just another job. but for us, it was the last time we ever saw raul julia

requiescat in RIP, raul julia, i tip my 40 for you
>>
>>320897141
Mortal Kombat, and it's not even close.
>>
>>320900863
>the street fighter movie literally killed raul julia with how bad it was

"this character is a 6'5 dictator who rules with an iron fist, literally, he controls his people by outright being able to fistfight anyone. let's have this 110lb old short dude play him"

HELLO A GUY NAMED DOLF LUNDGREN EXISTS AND WAS POPULAR AND WAS IN ANOTHER POPULAR MOVIE WITH VAN DAMME
>>
>>320898162
You realize the MK series turned pretty cheesy after the movie. Boon and company took note of this, and loved it.
>>
>>320899892

Raul Julia was incredible.
>>
>>320899892
>wanting one last big paycheck
He did it because his kids loved Street Fighter.
>>
>>320901180
also because the movie was filmed not far from where he lived

>>320901042
like they didn't give him the part just to be nice to him. come on
>>
>>320901316
But the film was shot in Australia, i.e. very far from where he lived.
>>
>>320901590
it was not
>>
>>320901590
>>320901748
Bangkok, Thailand
(Shaloon City scenes)

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
(some exteriors)
>>
>>320901748
Is this a poor attempt at bait?
>>
I unironically love the Super Mario Bros movie.

Saw it as a kid and loved it, grew to view it as a masterpiece of shitty film, showed it to my bf of two years on our first date. It's fucking great, especially for riffing on it with buddies.
>>
>>320899892
Wasn't cancer. Guy died of a stroke due to a stomach surgery complication.

>>320900493
It was filmed in another country, so that's not it. He did it mostly because his kids loved the games.
>>
Street Fighter is certainly the most fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8

Mortal Kombat movies are good for keks as well.
>>
>>320901042
Raul Julia had so much goddamn charisma he elevated the role and the entire movie into greatness. Dolf Lundgren is an action movie star that is so devoid of charisma he sucks the life out of ever scene he's in. Which one do you really want?
>>
>>320903192
i want raul julia and rutger hauer in a cop buddy movie
>>
>>320897141
between silent hill and prince of persia
>>
Ace Attorney, easily
>>
Sillent Hill

I wasn't aware Ace Attorney had a movie.
>>
>>320899892
>shlockfest

why the fuck do you faggots say this

just say shitfest

seriously why do you use such a stupid word
>>
>>320905015
Go watch it right now. I will keep the thread up for you anon!
>>
File: Houseofthedeadposter.jpg (14 KB, 300x441) Image search: [Google]
Houseofthedeadposter.jpg
14 KB, 300x441
>>
>>320905295
"schlock" actually has a definition
>>
>Nobody mentions the first Resident Evil because all they remember is the shitty sequels
>>
>>320905015
You should watch it. The mood is a bit gritty compared to the game, but that's Miike for you.
>>
>>320905523
and its literally reddit: the word
>>
>>320905623
>calling something that predates reddit "literally reddit: the word"
yeah, you're hopelessly retarded. kill yourself
>>
I guess i'd have to say the first Silent Hill movie. Felt like it at least attempted to keep the essence of the series without trying to go too overboard with it's own ideas and shit like most every VG movie does. The sequel however was downright unwatchable.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.