[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Graphics don't matter >It's perfectly fine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: 1409517610945.jpg (8 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1409517610945.jpg
8 KB, 250x241
>Graphics don't matter
>It's perfectly fine and in good practice to be given something different than what I was supposed to get

If you ordered a porterhouse cut and got a flank steak instead, you would be in a perfect position to complain and get your money back.
Why is it somehow justified to lie with downgrades in the video game industry?

>inb4 obligatory Fast Food comparison
>>
>It's a food analogy thread
>>
>>320895952
Dumb frogposter
>>
>It's a /v/ makes a food analogy episode
>>
>>320896113
As if that wasn't the only analogy used to try and refute this point.
My point still stands, why do people think it's okay?

>/v/, these people you are praising are lying to your face, why are-
>MUH MCDONALS LOOK AT THIS BIG MAC COMPARISON
>>
Inb4ing doesn't protect you from judgement or make you right
>>
Graphics don't matter. It can only enhance the experience not make it. It can make a bad game worse and a good game better
>>
>>320896359

Who's lying to my face?
>>
>>320896359
Why does your glutonous ass compare everything to food? Why are you so obsessed with consumption?
>>
File: lies.png (838 KB, 708x728) Image search: [Google]
lies.png
838 KB, 708x728
>>320896450
This is not representative of the final product.
They have even admitted that they delivered a product of lesser quality than what they promised, but they still advertise the pretty screenshots.
>>
>>320895952
Anon, repeat after me. Video game consumers are literal retards. Once you understand this concept, you'll understand why game developers and publishers get away with what they do.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (26 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
26 KB, 312x312
>>320895952

They don't though. And when a player doesn't take the systems' specs or the game's time of release into account when judging the graphics they're a fucking stupid piece of shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love good graphics, but writing off a game entirely because of its graphics or when the game came out is just shooting yourself in the foot so you don't have to play the fucking game. Everyone that hates on the PS1/Saturn/N64 era does this. All of them. And they all have the shittiest taste in video games and should steer clear of my hobby, but instead insist on leeching off of it.
>>
File: nope.jpg (87 KB, 900x728) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
87 KB, 900x728
>>320896823
Being an idiot is one thing, but being unable to complain about a complete sham is unacceptable.
Video games are not food, but the rules of what a consumer expects in the end product still stands. Visuals are presentation, so if you get something that looks incredibly ugly as an end result it should be PERFECTLY fine to be upset and complain about it. Videogames are a visual medium as well as an interactive one, having one side that is sub par will effect the experience regardless.

Yet here we have "LOL SO WHAT, UR JUST STUPID, ONLY GAMEPLAY IS IMPORTANAT SO IT'S FINE FOR DEVS TO LIE". Absfuckinglute bullshit...
>>
>>320897621

The instance you're talking about is justifiable and I really do get where you're coming from and agree.

That said, when you apply "Graphics matter" to all games, especially older games, you bring out the bumbling morons I was talking about. I was just addressing the elephant in the room really.

Example: Super Mario 64 looked great for its time and has a fine presentation even today. Bubsy 3D certainly did not and still looks like shit today.

Games that are held back because of today's consoles are particularly disturbing. Just look at how The Division was downgraded. Absolutely disgusting.

Also, I don't really look at that Fast Food comparison and think to myself "Gee, that makes sense". It's a stupid comparison.
>>
File: handshake2.jpg (23 KB, 510x275) Image search: [Google]
handshake2.jpg
23 KB, 510x275
>>320898570
Wholeheartedly agree.
You're good people, anon.
>>
>>320898570
>Games that are held back because of today's consoles
well I see the disillusion PCucks have come.
Graphically maybe but outside of raw graphical fidelity you're wrong
>>
but... you can get a refund on games.

Are you retarded?
>>
>>320899292

Maybe I am, but I feel like developers should be doing more.
>>
>>320899804
devs want to but publishers push them to rush and get it out asap
>>
>>320895952
>>320896113

>Ordering porterhouse when you can get Chateaubriande.

Filthy savage.
>>
>>320895952
I i order a porterhouse cut and get what looks like a flank steak but still tastes like a porterhouse no issues, graphics don't really matter as long as they are not repulsive.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.