[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem fan here. A REAL fan. The Fire Emblem representation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10
File: untitled.png (111 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
111 KB, 300x168
Fire Emblem fan here. A REAL fan.

The Fire Emblem representation in SSB offends me much more than it does fans of other series. Only Marth and Roy are from real Fire Emblems. The other four are from shitty dumbed down Neo-Fire Emblems. (And are just plain terrible as characters. Ike's a boring Gary Stu and the only thing that makes Lucy stand out amongst Japanese protagonists is her obsession with daddy.) And to make matters worse, the series that's known for its weapon triangle..... is only being represented by sword users.

And never mind that Tiki could have done Corrin's transforming into a dragon for different attacks much better and is much more iconic character. She even has five different dragonstones she could use in (New) Mystery of the Emblem to choose from for different forms.

So basically..... fuck Hackurai.
>>
>Neo-Fire Emblems

what did he mean by this?
>>
Autism.
>>
>>320895748
If you were a real Fire Emblem fan, you'd know that Roy is worst lord and he doesn't deserve a spot either.
>>
File: Florina-Portrait.png (6 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
Florina-Portrait.png
6 KB, 124x124
Best girl coming through
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 300x214
>>320896152
She's not even best girl in her own game.
>>
>>320896065
This

Ike is much more deserving of his slot than Roy ever was. Also, since you don't even bother mentioning any replacements besides your waifu to diversify the cast ( hector, titania, Matthew) it sounds like you haven't really played many of the games you are a "fan" of.

5/10 made me respond
>>
I played a couple of hours of Awakening and didn't get the appeal franchise seems sort of overrated.
>>
File: kamuigoldface.png (4 MB, 3118x3500) Image search: [Google]
kamuigoldface.png
4 MB, 3118x3500
>>320895748
>A REAL fan
>defends Roy
>>
>>320897337
Only pussies need overpowered lords who can solo their games. Leif and Roy were the best lords from the perspective of game balance
>>
It happened by accident, it's not really that they get so much preference. Marth and Ike are veterans, Robin is the rep of the best selling game in the franchise, Lucina is a glorified costume, Roy got back as DLC for being a veterans like Lucas and Mew2 did, and Corrin is to promote Fates which is already popular in japan.

And you're not a real fan of fire emblem either, as you haven't played snes games.
>>
>>320897523
Leif was pretty damn strong, though. He even had from the very beggining a prf weapon that was essentially a range 1-2 silver sword.
>>
File: i just dont care.jpg (36 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
i just dont care.jpg
36 KB, 500x501
>true fan
>neo-fire emblems
fuck it i will take it

>the series that's known for its weapon triangle..... is only being represented by sword users.
but honestly i kinda agree with you on that one

i mean robin going full mage without the retarded use limit may have been cool, or making the levin sword have some ranged attack
same for tiki using dragon stones and turning into a fucking dragon
fuck even aqua using her lance would have been better that another swordsman like roy

he is a waste of dlc imo familia
>>
>>320897523
>overpowered lords who can solo their games
oh you mean like marth in fe1 where the rapier would fucking destroy everything because there was no weapon triangle and half of all the enemies were armored or mounted?

fire emblem hipsters are the best.
>i watched a lets play of fe4 and i'm a real fan you guys
>>
File: suffermore.jpg (62 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
suffermore.jpg
62 KB, 500x500
>>320895748
Cry some more.
>>
Remove Lucina and then I'm fine with the FE characters. Even as a clone, she doesn't bring much different, although she's good for fapping though.
>>
Remove Roy, give Hector.
>>
>>320899716

Remove Lucina and give us Hector. She is easily one of the worst roster choices in Smash history.
>>
>>320898651
I never said anything about FE1 or made any comment on Marth. I said that Roy was well designed from the perspective of game balance.

The reason is that Roy is a utility unit, like a dancer or a thief. In his case his utility is seizing. It is good design for utility units to have mediocre/non-existent combat. On the other hand, someone like Sigurd is poorly designed because he can seize and also has amazing combat
>>
I'm an FE fan. I'm cool with there being a ton of characters, I just wish Lucina was more unique.
As a Zelda and Pokemon fan, though, I'm disappointed. One newcomer between the both of them, it's disgusting.
>>
>>320899995
Luxray should have been a pokemon rep desu, it can fucking call lightning by roaring
>>
>>320899960
>something is well designed if it performs poorly
No wonder Apple products sell.
>>
Honestly they should just give Marth the Bowser Jr treatment.Instead of colors give him Lucina, Eirika, Leif, Seliph, Alm, Sigurd, and Eliwood skins.
>>
File: 16700088_p1.jpg (356 KB, 1500x890) Image search: [Google]
16700088_p1.jpg
356 KB, 1500x890
>>320897523
>Leif
>Not overpowered
He carries you through the Manster chapters and can be raised with stacked Crusader Scrolls for 20 in every stat that matters.

What? He hit 20 and you dont want to give him any more exp? Give him the Kings sword and set him within 3 tiles of nearly any other unit and watch them get huge bonuses to dodge and accuracy.

Roy is a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>320900353
Leif isn't overpowered because you can't break Thracia's endgame through combat alone.
>>
File: 1444699035769.jpg (35 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
1444699035769.jpg
35 KB, 250x391
>>320895748
>A REAL fan.
I mean, if you were a REAL fan, you would add that some alternative characters that could've been added to the game should have been Hector and/or Ephraim.

That covers the imbalance in weaponry types, and makes for different gameplay options.

Marth, Lucina and Roy are essentially the same fucking character. Ike is OKAY if we're talking in Bastard Swords (even though it's more like babby's first bastard sword). Robin technically passes, but is still pretty shit because it ALSO uses a sword.

In conclusion: OP is a faggot.
>>
>>320895925
>Neo is a prefix from the ancient Greek word for young
>Fire Emblem is a tactical role-playing video game franchise developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo.
>>
>>320899995
I agree. Considering FE got two newcomers (Lucina doesn't count), Zelda and Pokémon should have gotten one as well. How could Sakurai put his own bias against Nintendo's second and third most popular series?
>>
>>320901169
*one more
>>
>>320896152
Fiora was better
>>
File: 1450306253514.png (947 KB, 917x587) Image search: [Google]
1450306253514.png
947 KB, 917x587
Corrin joins the friend circle!
>>
>>320901882
>not male Corrin
>>
>>320895748
No real fan would ever admit to liking shitty ass Roy
>>
A reeeal fan likes all the fire emblem games and all of the characters.
if ur hating on fe character's you're not a true fan.
>>
>>320901961
Male Corrin is shit. Stay mad.
>>
>>320901169

Who would you even add from Zelda? Impa? Tingle?
>>
>>320895748
Ike isn't Neo Fire Emblem you fucking false flag faggot.
>>
>>320901882
SO NO-ONE TOLD YOU SMASH WAS GONNA BE THIS WAY
YET ANOTHER ANIME SWORDSMEN ENTERS THE FRAY
IT'S LIKE YOUR PICKS ARE ALWAYS C-TIER
WHEN THEY DIDN'T GET IN BRAWL OR MELEE OR EVEN DLC

I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (WHEN THE TEARS START TO POUR)
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (TO POST "NEVER-EVER")
I'LL BE THERE FOR YOU (YOU'D BE THERE FOR ME TOO)
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.