[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 24, and I've been gaming my whole life. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1367622052259.jpg (165 KB, 900x629) Image search: [Google]
1367622052259.jpg
165 KB, 900x629
I'm 24, and I've been gaming my whole life. It's a hobby I'v shared with a good 90% of my friends and every girl I'e dated. It means a lot to me, but I just can't get into them the same anymore. even when playing my old favorites, I just piddle around and laugh at some memories and then it's on to whatever else. I used to 100% shit, get invested. Yeah, [art of it is that my focus is on my education and my band, but that can't be all there is to it. I don't know what to do about it. Anyone else in/been through a similar spot?
>>
>>320893958
It happens. you're old. Welcome to the club.
>>
You became a full on normalfag OP. Better stop browsing /v/ and 4chan.
>>
File: 1411724508954.png (121 KB, 301x201) Image search: [Google]
1411724508954.png
121 KB, 301x201
>>320894553
no
>>
Congratulations: you grew up.
Liking videogames past your twenties is a sign of mental illness.
Now you you need to do the next step, without looking back: sell everything. Your consoles, your game collection, your steam account. Everything. If you can't sell something gift it, donate or outright destroy it, it doesn't matter.
The next step is detox: abandon /v/, stop browsing any videogame-related website, stop thinking about videogames at all.

Go ahead, anon. The world is a wonderful place waiting for you.
>>
>>320895383
My dad is like 40 and still has a massive collection and his own successful business, lol
>>
>>320895383
Not him but..sometimes I wonder if that's how it would actually go down. I think about it a lot. I wonder if I could actually do it as easily as this post says. Would I regret it? Is it a good step? Will I come back?

Or is this all just some troll to get people to sell they're shit and then be miserable without videogames...
>>
>>320895901
Hoarding stuff is never good. You want to be this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYi1i02CrvY
>>
As a human you seek variety and challenge. Doing the same shit over and over in any hobby kills interest. Your like some of us burnt out gamers. You play games most of the time and it's your only hobby. But the variety is stagnating. You seek something unique again or something more challenging. If I built sheds for a hobby one day I'd like to try a house or something else. If I just fucked skinny chicks or black chicks I'd like to try out a fat chick or white chick once.
>>
>>320895901
Just do it. Clinging on to your childhood will mean you will never move on. Do yourself a favor and sell your games for a better cause.
>>
>>320894553
becoming a normalfag means you enjoy more games, not less

source: im a normalfag
>>
File: 1381518828136.jpg (80 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
1381518828136.jpg
80 KB, 678x960
>>320893958

What games do you still truly enjoy?

I just gave away a bunch of good games that I don't play anymore and keep the ones that I really enjoy replaying from time to time through singleplayer or with others.

You don't have to get rid of a hobby entirelyjust because you don't want to be obsessive about it anymore. It's about moderation.

It's not an all-or-nothing mentality like people on this board seem to have for some weird ass reason.
>>
Don't listen to them op.

All you need is another hobbie. I don't know, go out for a couple of days, start doing exercise, watch movies, just don't play game for a couple of days and you'll see how everything goes back to normal
>>
>>320898012
mostly fighting games and RPGs

>>320898189
Gaming isn't my only hobby. Already mentioned my band, and I do a lot of hiking, camping, and other outdoorsy things.
>>
>>320898189
>Being this much of a neckbeard

OP is mature enough to not like videogames anymore; don't drag him to your mud.
>>
>>320898469
shhh, we still need op to buy our games, you dirty goy
>>
>>320893958
Yes. Usually find a game that pulls me back in again.

I don't really 100% anything anymore because its usually not worth it. Most games are 100% fun content so after awhile I find its more fun to just start a different game instead, unless its some ungodly awesome game to make me want to 100%.

I just play short bursts of many games until one pulls me in.
>>
>>320898365
That confirms what everyone in this thread has been saying: you don't care about videogames anymore in the same way a kid stops playing with his toys when he becomes older because they aren't appealing to him anymore.
It's hard because they were an important part of your life and you believe you shouldn't stop playing them. There is nothing wrong about letting hobbies behind, because that's how life is.
>>
>still playing games at 24
Pfft.
>>
>>320893958
>It's a hobby I'v shared with a good 90% of my friends and every girl I've dated
Lucky you I'm almost 30 and only had people share my interests when I was a child

You are going to have a job where you can be replaced easily, once you get to old age you'll retire and die and then the same thing will happen to your kids and then you will be forgotten and it will be as if you were never even born.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.