[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The future of gaming.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: g0tiseN.jpg (494 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
g0tiseN.jpg
494 KB, 1920x1080
This is a full CGI scene.

Proof: https://vimeo.com/25317960

Might take 20 years before we'll be able to render this in real-time but that is still soon enough for most of us to experience complete photorealism.

Does this mean that violent games will be banned due to the sheer realism you'll be exposed to? What about loli and/or rape games?

Actually makes me more scared of the progress than to be excited due to the SJW's only giving it more and more attention when the technology increases.
>>
Frankly I still prefer the stylized, slightly cartoony look vidya has had up until now.
>>
>>320892001
The more real it becomes, the more barriers authorities will put up. Creativity needs to exceed reality in order to overcome barriers. Reality is limited.
>>
File: 66311-Resident_Evil_1-3.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
66311-Resident_Evil_1-3.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>320892001
We could already achieve realtime photorealism given small enough environments, few characters and very high quality baked lighting.
>>
>>320894919
and prerendered backgrounds
>>
I would be more impressed with true-to-life real-time physics and collision. That's the real "realism" hurdle, because even if you make something look completely photo-realistic, the second I see physics fucking up or not even present it snaps me out of the illusion like nothing else.
>>
>>320894919
>>320895098
>take photos and use them in game
>spend all your polygon/texture/shading budget on your protagonist and a few enemies
>photo-realism achieved
>>
File: Bulma.Ep.104.png (448 KB, 1061x798) Image search: [Google]
Bulma.Ep.104.png
448 KB, 1061x798
>>320895402
A photo is pretty photo-realistic to me, don't you think?
>>
File: road-tilt-shift-photography.jpg (42 KB, 600x393) Image search: [Google]
road-tilt-shift-photography.jpg
42 KB, 600x393
>>320895737
Not in all cases.
>>
Hollywood has been doing shit like this since forever, see all the fucking movie in this past decade.
>>
>>320895910
That's supposed to look like miniatures but still real.
>>
>>320892001
>What about loli and/or rape games?
Aren't they already banned?
>>
>>320896382
Are any of us really real?
>>
>>320896575
Are Our Eyes Real?
>>
>>320896575
How Can You Be Real If Our I's Aren't Real.
>>
>>320892001
How long did it take to make just those assets?
I was always under the impression that the biggest hurdle to photorealism in video games is that fact that actually creating the objects takes forever.
>>
We still don't have Toy Story graphics, you really expect us to be able to render that in real time in 20 years?
>>
Everything was good up until the shitty transformers movie tier mecha tentacle showed up. When will artists learn?
>>
>full control over the render
>still makes the camera shake like a parkinson's patient

why so insecure?
>>
>>320897829
Actually, a lot of the stuff in that frame can be made either procedurally or with automated tools, the foliage especially. You might notice that the building on the right which can't really be automated as well is way less detailed and you can easily place it as CG. In general stuff like photoreal human beings are way harder and more expensive to produce.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.