[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a good entry level Pokemon game for someone who never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (577 KB, 1259x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
577 KB, 1259x900
What's a good entry level Pokemon game for someone who never hopped onto the bandwagon back in 1999
>>
Pokemon TCG for the gameboy
>>
Pokemon is literally.

Not shitposting here.

LITERALLY the lowest barrier and skill ceiling to any game of all time.

Any of them are fine, they have zero depth and require you to mash A through fights, thats the whole game.
>>
Literally any of them.

It's not a particularly deep or complicated series.
>>
SoulSilver/Heart Gold
>>
Doesn't matter since it's all the same
>>
mystery dungeon blue/explorers of sky
>>
>>320886721
This
Only disadvantage is you dont get as much of an
>oh shit
Moment when you face off against Red
>>
>>320886658
Well I just need something to hold me over a 23 hour flight

>>320886675
So if I pick up Pokemon X I can just play it? Is it a continuation of the previous storyline or something different
>>
Is he going to knot her?
>>
>>320886520
Any of them. it's only the meta game that requires any real skill
>>
>>320886879
It will kill time pretty well, especially if its your first experience with pokemon.

None of them have continuing stories or cohesive plots.
>>
>>320886879

yeah, you can pick up and play any pokemon game.

There are references and things you might miss, but the game world is pretty easy to understand.

The lore basically boils down to;

Capturing and battling pokemon is a widely accepted cultural past-time, like cockfighting, and parents send their pre-teen children out into the wilds alone to battle dangerous wild animals.
>>
>>320887080
>RNG manipulation is now skill.

lol.
>>
File: 1419414198600.jpg (391 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1419414198600.jpg
391 KB, 800x900
Red and Blue because I like them the most and they are the most simple and well designed out of any of them

Roxie best waifu though
>>
>>320886879
>Is it a continuation of the previous storyline or something different

The only ones that have anything to do with each other are Gold/Silver/Crystal taking place after Red/Blue/Yellow and Black 2/ White 2 taking place after Black/White.

That being said, Pokemon X will be fine if you're looking for something easy. X & Y are literally the easiest games in the series
>>
File: image.png (87 KB, 600x390) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87 KB, 600x390
>>320887108
>>320887173

Alright thanks guys, I'll download Pokemon X on my 3DS then. I was a bit worried of not being able to get into the series due to the sheer amount of games out there. I thought they each continued off from where the last one ended, but if that's not the case then I have no excuse for not trying it at least.

Here have this qtie as thanks
>>
File: dawn1.png (678 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
dawn1.png
678 KB, 500x569
This should be a pokegirl thread.
>>
More pokephilia pls
>>
File: 235719209~01.png (23 KB, 97x177) Image search: [Google]
235719209~01.png
23 KB, 97x177
Emulate HGSS or BW2 on your cellphone
>>
Pokémon HG/SS is the perfect balance between old gameplay and new graphics.

Plus it's arguably the biggest since it has both Johto and Kanto fully fleshed out.
>>
Fire Red or Leaf green.
You could emulate that shit on a damn phone so you dont have an excuse.

Otherwise, Pokemon X or Y since they literally have training wheels for you.
>>
File: 1177837460213.jpg (36 KB, 480x491) Image search: [Google]
1177837460213.jpg
36 KB, 480x491
>>320887874
It also has Whitney
>>
>>320887515
Yeah the games aren't expressly one after the other and only add Pokemon when changing game systems systems. If there's no nostalgia it's best to just go to the current generation, since that's what they're pushing.

Technically the timeline is

Red/Blue & Ruby/Sapphire >3 years> Gold/Silver & Diamond/Pearl > ??? Years > Black/White> 2 years > Black2/White2 > ??? years> X&Y

But outside of sharp eyed people seeing references and the occasional returning character you'd never know.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.