[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will Civilization 6 come out? Has anyone heard anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: 1448225712592.png (2 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1448225712592.png
2 MB, 1280x800
When will Civilization 6 come out? Has anyone heard anything at all?

Because I have a bad feeling we won't see it for a good long time to come.
>>
>Civ I: 1991
>Civ II: 1996
>Civ III: 2001
>Civ IV: 2005
>Civ V: 2010
>Civ VI: 2015

Christmas present
>>
What's wrong, Anon? Are you not having enough fun with Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™?
>>
Play Endless Legend.
>>
>>320883435
never, civ 3 is the best game anyway
>>
>>320883435
Im having a blast playing GNK and BNW expansion with my brother.
Ideology and tourism were great additions to the game, as was extending the mid-late game a bit with WW1 era units and tech
>>
>>320885227
>Civ II >Civ IV > Civ V >Civ III

Never played Civ I, can't rank it.
>>
>>320885631
>preferring civ 2 to civ 3
literally why
>>
so what would you prefer civ VI is
a direct upgrade to one of the previous civs or a significantly different sidegrade
>>
Civ 3 was best. 4 was amazing.
5 is really meh. Havent and wont touch beyond earth.
Honestly graphics and new mechanics be damned, make an ai that is "good" at war. For fucks sake. Its 2015.
>>
>>320885947
my negro
>>
>>320885835
I'd like some new features, like what Civ V did with the world congress and shit like that, and just add in new civs and new units and just expand on the stuff you already have.
>>
We need an African kingdom in Civ VI.
>>
>>320885402

Tourism victory isn't viable in MP, so it just ends up being another 'conquer until you're big enough to go turbo on your wincon against the AI' mechanics.

Actually, that's pretty reflective of Civ's design flaws in general. Victories against AI are just a matter of getting ahead and then staying ahead, the latter of which is a cakewalk on all but the highest difficulty. Quick-speed simultaneous MP is just badly designed.
>>
>>320885725
Civ III simplified things too much and overall had less of a epic feel than II.
>>
>>320885947
imho the AI is pretty much the only significant problem civ V has at the moment
I actually like 1upt as a system, when its PvP the combat is vastly more interesting than in previous games and with BNW the game feels sufficiently fleshed out in pretty much all styles of gameplay
>>
>>320886114
We already had Mali, Songhai, Ethiopia, the Zulus, and Egypt.
>>
>>320886128
>Mp
>Within the first turns someone gets Great Library
>Everyone quits.

I'll stick to SP.
>>
>>320886128
ignoring tourism isn't all that wise to do though, while sure it won't win you a game, getting hit with like 50 negative happiness lategame can fuck you up royally
>>
>>320885631
Civ 1 is very similar to 2. 2 is just more polished imo.
Kinda like how Homm2 is just a straight upgrade of homm1.
After homm2 and after civ2 it is more debatable since the games are different enough that they can be sidegrades.
>>
something I'd love to see in civ VI would be more terrain modification
either through environmental changes or direct interaction
would be especially fun if lategame (or early game if you're playing as the dutch) could start to claim land from water tiles, build canals and tunnels to increase your mobility, regrow forests, level hills etc
>>
>>320886270
>imho the AI is pretty much the only significant problem civ V has at the moment
With better AI maybe the immortal troops issue could be solved.

I think I'd want troops to only generate health back by siphoning production from your cities or something to solve that issue.
>>
>>320886420
that's lack of culture, not tourism
>>
>>320886814
Same.
Civ5 was at best a step to the side going all the way back to civ2 when it comes to terrain, and possibly just a step back.

AC seems to have the best terrain mechanics.
>>
>>320886128
>simultaneous MP
Were doing alternate because my brother bitched last time when I nuked his navy and nuclear bombers before he could move them.

As for tourism, Im actually pretty close to winning a cultural victory right now.
And as >>320886420 states its a big advantage to be rolling with +20 happiness while other plebeian autocrats and order-fags are getting revolts everywhere.
The spying and trade bonuses they added are pretty powerful too. Nobody can keep any city state allies because I'm loaded and my spies are gods.
>>
>>320886902
It's your tourism/culture vs their tourism/culture
>>
>>320886852
I think being able to heal with upgrades isn't fun, but fortifying to heal is fine.
Could always lower the amount gained, but it shouldn't cost resources, only movement.
>>
>>320886814
Id love to see some terraforming techs, and maybr some global nrgative effects from nuclear war.
As it stands, starting nuclear wars isnt punished enough, even with ideology.
>>
>>320887152

>actually pretty close to getting a cultural victory

It sounds like you're playing against a younger brother, which every older brother knows doesn't count.
>>
>>320887158
It's their tourism vs your culture

Your tourism doesn't protect your happiness from ideologies.
>>
>>320883435
how do you name islands?
>>
>>320887152
order is actually pretty great for happiness
freedom for me is just pumping out great people and turning them into new deal boosted buildings

something small but which I wished was possible would be the ability to withdraw from the league of nations at a HEAVY cost. Like say withdrawing instantly disables your ability to win diplomacy, automatically causes the world congress to embargo you and gives a significant drop in relations with everyone
but also disables all world congress mandates (including positive ones mind you)
>>
>>320885027
personally im having a lot of fun with beyond earth after rising tide came out and the couple patches that came out after. the thing is that it will never have that comfy feel of growing through the ages.
>>
>>320887473
generally speaking though culture and tourism are directly linked
>>
>>320887473
>Your tourism doesn't protect your happiness from ideologies.
Yes it does.

If your an unknown to them and they are exotic to you.
You get unhappiness from ideological pressure.
If you then have enough tourism to get up to exotic with them.
Then you cancel that unhappiness out.

So yes it is your culture/tourism vs their culture/tourism.
>>
>>320887410
Well, yes.
But its not like hes underage or anything. Hes 21 now.

Besides, I guess I got lucky because I was always on good terms with my neighboring civs, while he got butt-fucked by his in mid game. I sent him help in the form of troops and luxury resources (playing as Indonesia) so he owed me one after that.
Now hes just trying to nuke Jakarta before I get my last "influential" to win the game but my navy is keeping his bombers at bay.

I agree with your proposal.
Maybe you could even opt out of individual policies at the cost of decreased diplomatic relations with all other member states, and "economic sanctions" which would limit trade routes, lower gold production and citizen happiness for a time.
If you ignore too many, you get kicked out of the league and your penalties are even worse
>>
>>320886101

I think the next civ game will introduce hero units, 4x style.
>>
>>320887347
War is already punished enough as it is.
Why make it harder?
>>
>>320888965
>not having a land based civ, then nuking everything and everyone raising the sea level giving you new beachfront property and destroying everyone's major ports
>>
multiple planets and space combat
>>
>>320883435
Why would you try to improve on perfection?
>>
>>320888965
War yes, but in real life the consequences of nuclear war are extreme.
I think once all or most civs get ICBMs there should be extra consideration here.
Could you imagine anyone firing a nuclear missle in todays world without immediate and important consequences?
>>
>>320889346

I think some techs need fleshing out, around mid game I usually find that I have ran out of buildings to produce in most cities, and than the industrial age pops and I am back to turning out buildings everywhere. Also roads are prohibitively expensive,
>>
>>320883435
>8 Pop capitol in industrial
>Lighthouse with no resources
>Settling a city with just flat desert/ocean
>~7 turn brandenburg gate on a 8 pop city
>>
>>320889492
Best thing i can think of then, in that respect is a "MAD" option. Basically, once you have built your SECOND ICBM (not standard nuke). You can select a "mad" option. It puts the unit out of use, but 'Assures' an instantaneous (The city fires prior to damage calculation) attack on the Highest pop/deemed important city in terms of units stationed, buildings, wonders etc Of the attacking country.
>>
>>320889893
I kinda like that you have to be sort of clever to have a true MAD situation in Civ V
if you're an idiot and stockpile all your nukes in 1 city your opponent can take them out with his first strike, something which is also entirely true IRL
>>
Problem with nukes in Civ is that nobody really knows how a nuclear war would play out. Closest approximation would be the destruction of our entire species. Hard to model that shit in a game
>>
>>320890079

create a stealthed icbm tile, that the enemy can attempt to find and disable with their spies that can store icbms
>>
>>320889893
Youd have to have a way to advertise that too.
Otherwise you end up with a Dr. Strangelove scenario.

>>320890079
Thats where nuclear subs come in handy. You have to make it impossible for your opponent to ever feel 100% confident that he's wiped out every nuke.

Would be neat if you could create worldwide agreements that encourage MAD too. Otherwise the AI will not see the difference between war and nuckear war.
So maybe you could make a deal with a nation yoyre at war with to NOT use nuclear weapons?
>>
>>320885835
We need more culture features.

Language, cultural attitudes, that sort of thing.

I'd like to see stuff like in the early era languages spread freely, and across your borders people speak different things and it spreads to other borders

But as you progress you can impose order and tighten up the languages if you want or encourage diversity in people speaking them for different perks.
>>
>>320891040
>inb4 SANS LINGUA FRANCA
>>
>>320890648
best thing is: you can hide nuke subs under arctic ice making them virtually immune to anything but enemy subs

but even keeping your fleet of missile cruisers mobile and protected is already a good idea

>>320890576
imho air strips should be a specialized tile improvement similar to forts and citadels which can hold a certain number of planes or missiles
would make constant espionage necessary because you never know if the enemy nuclear arsenal is hidden on some remote island in the middle of the arctic
>>
>>320891252
lingua franca could be a special "title" which a civ can earn and lose throughout the game
>>
>>320891269
Can subs fire nukes from underneath an ice tile? I dont use nukes that often.

>>320891372
That would be fucking great. Fund it.
>>
>>320891269
I really like this idea, I find little 2-tile nothing islands all the time in my games and this would be great for those.
>>
>>320891841
yeh they can, but nuclear missiles have limited ranges

that said nuclear missiles are insanely powerful if used right
As a military weapon they destroy ANY unit within the blast range, this includes ALL units stationed within cities inside of its blast range (including planes and other nukes)
as an anti-city weapon they deal extreme amounts of damage to a city and have a pseudo hidden property of automatically razing any city of 4 inhabitants or less within its blast range (save for capitols and other unrazable cities)
nuclear missiles also have 1 tile circle larger blast radius which means that they can often catch 2 cities and the entire army stationed between them in a single blast
>>
>>320891269
>>320891981
>imho air strips should be a specialized tile improvement similar to forts and citadels which can hold a certain number of planes or missiles
They were back in Civ2.

Corruption did little to stop city spam in civ2 though, so if you found a 2 tile nothing island you might as well plant a city there instead of making an airbase.
>>
>>320891981
would also allow you to use them as refueling bases and to extend the range of your airforce into enemy territory
heck you could even allow limited airlift to these tiles (as in can only airlift to the exact tile so you're limited to 1 military and 1 civilian unit per turn) which would in turn allow some pretty neat surprise sabotage assaults with dedicated units like paratroopers or helicopter gunships
because god knows taking out the enemy oil fields on the turn you declare war is one hell of an effective MP strategy
>>
>>320892241
with civ V's limit on cities being much stricter specialized tile improvement would be vastly more useful and would help diversify the way the landscape looks
other interesting ideas could be towns to increase the visibility range of your cities and produce gold depending on resource diversion, colonies to gain access to a resource without needing to build a city, canals to allow ships passage through land and turn an inland city into a coastal one and tunnels to allow passage through mountains
>>
>>320892709
>with civ V's limit on cities being much stricter specialized tile improvement would be vastly more useful and would help diversify the way the landscape looks
Yeah for sure.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.