[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surely I can't be the only Zeldafag asspained over how the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15
Surely I can't be the only Zeldafag asspained over how the series has been treated in Smash
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 558x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 558x468
>>320879419
>Five Reps
>One is the highest tier character in the game.

The only thing I can give you is that the rest are that the rest a pretty low tier and that Dorf is a Capt. Falcon clone, but that's WAY better than how Metroid, Donkey Kong, and Earthbound get's treated.
>>
What do you want, then?

I'm a Zeldafag as well, tried to main Link but I'm pretty vad at the game overall I keep getting my ass handed to me. Trying to play as Zelda was even worse.
>>
>>320879741
In what world does Earthbound matter? Short of DK's final smash, whats so bad about how DKC is treated?

And yes, Metroid does deserve a new rep and the stages do suck, but Samus and ZSS are both fun and well made characters.
>>
>>320879741
Earthbound is getting treated pretty well for being such a niche jrpg. At least it has reps.
>>
File: Ganondorf.jpg (97 KB, 1077x680) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf.jpg
97 KB, 1077x680
>>320879876
Sheik should have been replaced by Impa, but sharing some techniques, similar to what they did with Lucario to Mewtwo in Brawl.

Toon Link should have some moves exclusive to those Toon games, like Great Deku Leaf or Mole Mitts, etc.

Ganondorf is an obvious major flaw. Maybe people are used to his moveset by now, but goddamn if he can revamp other characters, he sure as fuck should have done it for Ganondorf by now. At the very least make a real Ganon as a compromise.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 500x277
>>320879952
I can't give you much about Earthbound, but Donkey Kong is pretty fucking popular and it's as important to Nintendo's history as R.O.B and Game and Watch are.

>>320880106
Touché.

A better example would have been Wario.
>>
>>320880229
>Sheik should have been replaced by Impa
Nah, Sheik is much more iconic. Hell they didn't even bring the SS Zelda and Link designs over.

I agree with you over Toon Link and Ganondorf
>>
If you care about the way a series is "treated" in Smash Bros you have advanced autism
>>
>>320879419
I'd be more worried about how the series has been treated by Aonuma.
>>
>>320880229
Too bad smashfags and underages will memespout "BTFO" and take everything deep in their asses whatever Hackurai does because he does no wrong.
>>
File: Ganondorf_WWHD.png (3 MB, 2268x2394) Image search: [Google]
Ganondorf_WWHD.png
3 MB, 2268x2394
Wind Waker Ganondorf fucking when?
>>
>>320880824
>Nah, Sheik is much more iconic.
She was literally in one game. Two if you want to count Hyrule Warriors. Impa has been a staple of the franchise since almost the beginning and served a major role in Skyward Sword, the last big Zelda title.
>>
>>320881432
>literally walks slowly towards you then does katana spins in the air
Why the fuck does anyone want him in Smash

Cause he coveted wind? Who cares, that doesn't translate to an interesting moveset.
>>
File: Impa.jpg (101 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Impa.jpg
101 KB, 800x450
When?
>>
File: 1450446794441.jpg (90 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450446794441.jpg
90 KB, 508x610
know your place faggots
>>
>>320881983
I'm honestly surprised there was no Zelda rep added this game, she was a pretty obvious choice. Too bad Sakurai is a Fire Emblemfag instead of a Musoufag.
>>
>>320881572
I think you mad cause you covet my dick, Anon.
>>
>>320879419
DK and Metroid have it far worse
>>
>>320881983
Fuck Smash, I want a full single-player experience starring Impa or Zelda.
>>
>>320879952
>whats so bad about how DKC is treated?
EIGHT JUNGLE THEMES
>>
You know what makes no sense?
Smash entitlement.

Why are people so pissy about "muh series hasn't had 100% perfect representation"

You're not entitled to getting certain characters, no one is. Some crazed nip man decided to put certain characters Smash and that's that. Deal with it.
>>
>>320882895
>Metroid has literally 1 character
>2 slots in smash
You have a 200% representation rate, I'd say that's pretty good.
>>
>Smash 5
>We get Zant, Girahim, and Impa
>Linkle is DLC later on
How would you feel?
>>
>>320881467
Technically Impa was the one who told Link to save Zelda in the first game.
So she's actually been around since the beginning, albeit in manuals.
>>
>>320879952
>ZSS
>Well made

She's literal fan fiction tier.
>>
>>320883228
>Ridley isn't a character
>>
>>320883310
Add skull kid and I'm in
>>
>>320883310
Happy, but honestly thats pretty egregious. Especially since Zant really wasn't much of a villain in the end, Ghirahim, while great, had his chance with Smash 4 so unless he's in Zelda U, it's really pointless and Linkle is just fanservice like Cia.
>>
>>320883228
>Ridley and Dark Samus aren't characters
>>
>>320883310
I think Skull Kid and Midna would be better picks.
>>
>>320883578
She's also fun to play as, so cry more faggot.
>>
>>320883754
Only as assist trophies.

I hear Shiek and Link are pretty good. Since Bowser got an overhaul then it's only fair for the other King of Evil to get his as well. There is a lot to work with.
>>
>>320882657
With Aonuma's message that Hyrule Warriors is non-canon, we're pretty much never going to get awesome Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa outside of it. He can happily shove it in its own little corner and ignore it for his WACKY QUIRKY Puzzle games, just like he did everything made before Ocarina of Time.
>>
You have 5 reps
Not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 7 God damn stages

Fuck off
>>
File: I Came Here To Laugh At You.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
I Came Here To Laugh At You.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>320883954
why the fuck would you want HW to be canon

its a fucking musou fanservice game and only has value as that
>>
File: 1326610630343.jpg (45 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1326610630343.jpg
45 KB, 600x500
As an FE fan I'd seriously trade you my 4 newcomers for an FE musou game
>>
>>320881983
>When?

I'd say Smash 5 along with Lana and Linkle
>>
>>320884120
Because at least Ganondorf finally uses his goddamn trident in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_k54GLbchA
>>
>>320881467
I agree that she should have replaced Sheik, but Impa has been a staple AS A FAT OLD LADY since the beginning, with only two exceptions. Then again, I guess only four of her exist.
>>
>>320879419

don't even care that it doesn't get a new character

>Toon Link rebuilt completely, with outset islands + conductor alts
>Zelda the same but not shit
>Ganondorf the same but not shit
>Link the same with dope alts like Twilight Armor and SS "civilian" clothes
>Sheik's fine

would have been great
>>
>>320884525
>game needs a revision for Ganondorf to use a trident
Even HW doesn't care about that.
>>
>>320883762
>cookie cutter
>i did the up special and won again! Better post videos of me pwning noobs
Then suddenly anyone who can read moves comes in and pisses all over ZSS. If the smash community, or rather For Glory, wasnt filled with every 12 year old and the occasional autistic tourny fag who has never been to a tourny then anyone with a brain would realize how ass ZSS is made. But hey keep using her lad. I enjoy the free wins and tears like i enjoy FF7 fanboy tears :^3
>>
>>320883165
>having autism
>>
>>320884525
This is the first game Aonuma's name is attached to that has Ganon/dorf using the trident.
>>
>>320880358
>Wario

lol he farts
wait there were games before warioware?
>>
>>320884714
Not him, but it's such a waste to have eight variations of the exact same song.
>>
I was kind of angry when I realized that Fire Emblem has 8, and Zelda has had the same 4 since Melee (TP Sheik doesn't count as a separate one when she's not even from a game), but I don't care.

What begins to rustle my jimmies is that Hyrule Warriors is taken more seriously by Nintendo than the main series is, and that Nintendo is lieing and saying that Linkle is being included due to fan demand. I highly doubt that the SJW feminist movement in the past half a year, suddenly incentivized Nintendo to include her in the game. Bullshit Nintendo. You take away the intrigue and mystique behind my favorite series, the least you can do is not lie to my face.

>>320884380
lol's
>>
>>320879419
Other series have been treated much worse.

My only gripe with Zelda's representation is that Sheik should be cycled out with reps from the newest games

Midna should've been in Brawl and Ghirahim should've been in Sm4sh
>>
>>320884764
He was a producer on Four Swords Adventures
>>
>>320881572
>dual sword-weilding heavy character
>doesn't translate to an interesting moveset
>>
>>320884698
>I get routinely destroyed by one move online, so thats how everyone plays, better pretend I'm a smashpro on /v/
This some autistic stuff, anon. You should probably make the 100th thread about how ZSS disrespects Samus as the strong woman who don't need no man.
>>
File: 064.jpg (127 KB, 1440x2063) Image search: [Google]
064.jpg
127 KB, 1440x2063
I just want a proper moveset for Ganon.

Give his old one to this guy.
>>
>>320879419
>No fresh reps since melee
>Toon Link is a clone when he could be unique
>3 Final Smashes shared between 5 characters
>Ganondorf is still based on Captain Falcon

Yeah it's shit, at least the stages are nice.
>>
Smash 5

>Jigglyshit GTFO
>Game starts with a message displaying "I'm sorry for Smash Tour"
>Adventure mode is back
>DR Mario btfo off the game too
>Remove half the shit stageswhere so much shit happens that you can't even fight
>Remove lucario or greninja, they both are unknown shit irrelevant pokemon that look the same
>good bye pac man and sonic
>no dark pit
>Add Elma, Tatsu, Isaac,and Ice Climbers.

Perfect smash
>>
>>320885235
You mean music The stages suck too.

Hot dang.
>>
>>320885169
This.

Although I would prefer if Ganondorf remained a brawler with some magic skills. I like sorcerers that defy the "frail guy in a dress" trope by fighting with their fists and wearing heavy armour.
>>
>>320883669
>Dark Samus

Because we need that after Dark Pit
>>
>>320884789
Wario doesn't even fart outside of bad jokes in warioware. The only game where farts are actually part of his character is Master of Disguise which was developed alongside Brawl.
>>
>>320885426
Castle is good, probably because it's a 64 map and sakurai couldn't stick his dick into it and pump it full of stage bosses and other garbage
>>
>>320885343

Congrats on having the stupidest ideas in this thread
>>
>>320885235
>Hyrule Castle is a classic, but boring stage
>Temple is nothing at all like any Zelda temple, even aesthetically it looks like a cathedral in ruins and a massive chore to play on anyway
>Great Bay is pretty good for a smaller stage
>Bridge of Eldin is literally a flat piece of land that occasionally breaks up
>Skyloft is literally a drag and drop job with Del Fino Plaza platforms
>Gerudo Valley and Spirit Tracks are both great stages that are absolutely wasted on the 3DS
Its honestly a big toss up. Some are really lazy and the good ones aren't in Smash U.
>>
>>320885343
I'm really glad you aren't doing anything in smash
>Remove
>Remove
>Remove
>Remove
>IT'S SO GOOD YOU GUYS
>>
File: Geoff Watches The AVGN Movie.jpg (104 KB, 496x357) Image search: [Google]
Geoff Watches The AVGN Movie.jpg
104 KB, 496x357
>>320886118
>Gerudo Valley and Spirit Tracks are both great stages that are absolutely wasted on the 3DS
The logic in keeping GV on 3DS is beyond baffling to me. OoT 3D does not make it a fucking portable game.

The 3DS in general had the better stages, probably as a sort of apology for how comprised shit would be between the two versions.
>>
>>320886118
It's based on Zelda 2.
>>
>>320886632

>best stages
>no halberd
>no smashville
>no Mario galaxy
>no Palutena's temple

What?
>>
>>320884806
Especially from a series with some of the best music in the industry.
>>
>>320885426
Castle 64, Skyloft, Pirate Ship, Spirit Train, and Temple are all fun stages
>>
>>320883179
>not wanting 100% representation for Mega Man.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.