[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: titanfall.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
titanfall.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
What did go wrong?
>>
>>320871046
the devs cared more about pushing social justice then making a good game
>>
Advertising.
>>
>>320871128
what social justice? is there even a story?
>>
>>320871046
No fucking content on launch

>>320871140
It sold pretty well on release tho
>>
>>320871046
Zero community features.
>>
Cons
>Rushed out the door to sell Xbox Ones
>Basic features like custom lobbies, naming classes, ranked matchmaking, customization missing
>People hate the Smart Pistol
>Poor optimization for some
>"Call of Duty with mechs"
>Good players completely shit all over newbies due to the game mechanics
>Skill allows a player to cap a flag in less than 30 seconds for some maps
>Only 3 Titan chassis
>Multiplayer only campaign
>$60 for half of a well polished shoe
>Origin
>1k people playing on pc right now lmao

Pros
>Parkour system most refined & fluid out of any fast-paced FPS
>Player skill heavily rewarded
>Dedication to the game by Respawn, constantly updated
>Lots of QoL changes, burn cards increased, muh Nipponese Titan OS
>Ranked is actually well done, doesn't separate the playerbase
>For the most part the game is well balanced
>Mech vs Pilot combat is well done, a Mech can be taken down quickly by several quick-witted pilots and vice versa
>Mech OS is actually useful
>Rodeoing Titans, Titan ejects, cinematic beginning and end to the game with the Dropships all make for hype moments in-game

Atmosphere
>Pilots are fucking badass
>98% mortality rate for the IMC Pilot program
>Genetic and cybernetic enhancements
>Basically less overpowered Spartans
>Regening health is actually the Pilot regenerating
>Lots of detail to the edges of the map, space battles
>Grunts talk to each other, speak about how cool Pilots are
>Pilot stims are super adrenaline + morphine
>Grunts will drag other injured grunts away, scream about their dead buddies
>Both militaries will deploy a drop ship for Pilots, leave behind all other soldiers that's how important these guys are
>This entire section is just me shilling how badass Pilots are, sorry

I really love Titanfall, probably my all-time favorite FPS. Cheers to Respawn for excellent (although sometimes mistaken) game design.
>>
>>320871046
the game. mindless boring shooter was the writing on the wall since the beginning, not sure how dumb you'd have to be to expect something else
>>
>>320871194
all the devs videos I saw just kept going on and on how much time they spent on making the female characters look "realistic" and not like some "fuck toy" or some thing like that.

remember this was when quite was still new and people screamed bloody murder about her.

the only good white dude in the story only shows up half way in and sacrifices himself after like two missions. after that it´s literally asian dude, tough woman and black guy fighting against a skin head white man
>>
every aspect of the game seems to be uncomplete
hope titanfall 2 will be good
>>
1 word

origin
>>
>>320872048
Origin didn't stop battlefield: PC is still the most active community in BF4
>>
>>320871046
Not being on Steam or PS4
>>
>>320871558
I think all things considered, they did a decent job for a new IP.

Now that they've got the framework down, I hope they can polish all the edges and focus on content for Titanfall 2.

I really wish they'd just can the campaign shit though, it just felt too watered down. Focus on a rich multiplayer experience, it's all the CoD audience wants anyway.
>>
>>320871558
This.
It refreshed FPS and has some of the strongest gameplay. The transition between pilot and titan is great.
The team actually keeps the game updated, with burn cards and such changed plus more game modes and other features added throughout its lifetime for free.
It's biggest problem is the multiplayer only, but at the same time that's all they intended it to be. They focused on the multiplayer system and made it good.
The Xbone only servers of only 3 people is a pity but its repetitiveness made that inevitable.
They should bring a free update with maybe two new titan classes, maps and weapons to bring people back to the servers.
>>
File: Atlas_IMC.png (624 KB, 920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Atlas_IMC.png
624 KB, 920x1080
>>320871558
>"Call of Duty with mechs"

I don't see why people see that as a con, considering its the original CoD 1-4 devs who made Titanfall.
>>
>>320871046
It's a generic shooter with a dated engine with some gimmicks that was poorly managed in terms of updates and community features.
>>
If only it was Battlefield sized.

I want this AI mini-battles to catch on to more FPS (with actually useful infantry).
>>
File: go fast.jpg (431 KB, 2031x3030) Image search: [Google]
go fast.jpg
431 KB, 2031x3030
>>320871558
>Skill allows a player to cap a flag in less than 30 seconds for some maps

How is that a bad thing?
>>
>>320872895
At launch it had this HUGE stigma that it was just a CoD clone since it was the MW2 team making it. This lead to a ton of slander and rabid shitposting that turned people off of the game for no real reason.

It's a real shame because the base gameplay is absolutely fantastic. No other shooter lets you move so fluidly like this one can. Playing CS:GO was cancer since all I did was sit in a corner watching bomb site.
>>
>>320871558
this is an excellent summary.
I wish it got more attention, and you missed about how they released all the DLC for free! WTF?! Such bossmen
>>
>>320873093
Halo 5 tried to copy the AI mini-battles in the new Warzone mode. Too bad they only spawn every 2-5 minutes. The island map has so much empty space and emptyoutposts that could be filled with jackle snipers and massive squads of grunts with needlers.
>>
>>320873208
Felt the exact same when I moved from playing a couple of rounds of Titanfall back to another fps. The maps also accommodated both titans and pilots fluently.
It feels like it's lacking something. Which is weird because it has had constant patches and content updates.
>>
>>320871558
Fucking this.
Great game. Proud to say top of my team 95% of the time.
If they make a second hopefully they dont change the mechanics to much.
>>
>>320873442
Ok
Let me clarify
I want to it to catch on to PC games
Commander class would shift from slave driver/ammo box summoner into actual leader if he could control them on map.
>>
>>320873521
>It feels like it's lacking something

Pilot customization, such as custom emblems for your shoulders or ammo pouches.
>>
>>320873563
Good news anon, they are making a second one.
>>
>>320874062
That's a good start. Does it need another patch with more maps too? Another titan class might be a good idea too.
>>
File: 1426904187265.png (177 KB, 419x500) Image search: [Google]
1426904187265.png
177 KB, 419x500
>>320874363
More maps would be nice, and the removal of the smart pistol. The AI for grunts needs to be redone entirely, they just run around doing fuck all and only kill a Pilot if he's low health.
>>
>>320874203
Oh shit. Ignore this then.
>>320874363

I hope they don't change the gameplay. It's solid as is.
>>
>>320874573
But the terrible ai is the best part about them.
>>
the titans feel like shit

it controls like a giant player model which is fucking boring

the game's actual innovation was in terms of its regular soldier movement, and the titans were crappy distractions that pulled focus away from what could've been a great platformer-FPS

activision saw this and capitalized on it with codaw and blops III
>>
>>320874995
>capitalized on it
>with blops iii
No.
>>
>>320874363
It needs bonuses for playing the special game-types they have, like the CTF mode where the ground is electrified. Give the players some burn cards only obtainable in that list that would otherwise cost a shitload of credits to buy. But nothing too powerful that would stomp in regular modes.
>>
>>320874995
>codaw and blops III

The movement in both those games are slow compared to TF. The parkour in blops just feels slow and clunky.
>>
>>320875247
https://youtu.be/Tpm1yk3enzY?t=18s

yes

and because these games took off and ran with it, Titanfall 2 needs to do something really unique or interesting in order to succeed, because if there is one thing that cod games are good at, it's burning people out by rehashes and repetition
>>
>>320874748
True, but I shouldn't be able to stand in-front of 6 soldiers and just take my time shooting them all in the face.
>>
>>320875521
Some of their unique game modes were heaps of fun. MfD especially.
Fuck this thread just makes me want to play it again. The sequel better come out soon.
>>
>>320875892
TF already has its own thing going on with mechs and parkour with butt mounted rocket-packs. Only thing it needs in 2 is to polish its mechanics even more, not add more shit to further bloat itself like CoD does.
>>
>>320875892
Just implying that the game doesn't do it particularly well.

>BO3 isn't designed around the advanced movement at all. Jumping and boosting always had purpose in AW because you could juke and get up to higher ground, it was unpredictable and made every firefight a more complex exchange of decisions on both sides. In BO3, jump boosting is more like jetpacking in Tribes, it's parabolic and predictable which just makes you an easy target, and since there's barely any high ground to actually reach with it, the mechanic is functionally worthless.

>Wall running doesn't serve a purpose. Wall running towards an enemy is just as stupid as running along the ground towards an enemy, it doesn't make you a harder target and only makes it more difficult for you to aim. If they wanted to bring back and refine the horizontal game, they should have gave more ground-based mobility instead of forcing you into the air for no tactical advantage.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.