[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a franchise with 5+ games that you will admit to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: fanboy.jpg (44 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fanboy.jpg
44 KB, 960x720
What's a franchise with 5+ games that you will admit to liking every single entry?

Basically examples where you'll blindly ignore criticism because you're so in love with the series. Or you can acknowledge it but it doesn't affect your enjoyment.
>>
>>320870072
Mario games? Most people still love them.
>>
>>320870072
I honestly can't think of any. I'd say Civilization but I've only played 3 and 5.
>>
>>320870218
I can honestly say i didn't like New Super Mario Bros. Couldn't be arsed to finish it, was all over the place and the level design was uninspired.
>>
Final Fantasy Tactics if you count the ports.
>>
Honestly Halo.

I didn't play 4 until the MCC and it wasn't as bad as everyone here made it it to be, and 5 is pretty much an improvement.
>>
Ratchet & Clank

I won't blindly ignore criticism though. I'm willing to accept when my favorite games have their flaws.
The only thing close to an exception I think would be the Vita port of Full Frontal Assault. If that counts.
>>
>>320870072
pokemon
animal crossing
>>
Metal Gear Solid
>>
Onimusha. Yes, 3 was bizarre but I fucking LOVED it.
>>
MGS
>>
Zelda. I've even enjoyed the 'controversial' ones like PH/ST.
>>
>>320870072
Civilisation and Guilty Gear I think
>>
File: lrg_A1P3DWAR6.jpg (30 KB, 336x394) Image search: [Google]
lrg_A1P3DWAR6.jpg
30 KB, 336x394
I thought I was that way with Dynasty Warriors but then 6 came out.
>>
File: freeman.jpg (76 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
freeman.jpg
76 KB, 1024x768
>>320870072
I love the Half Life games but wouldn't say that I would blindly ignore criticism because anyone who played the games knows that the flaws are there.
>>
Dynasty Warriors, yes even 6 to a degree, if only because it made some pretty cool upgrades to how the game looked, and some of the missions were fun.

Make no mistake, it's easily my biggest guilty pleasure, but fuck if I don't buy every damn rendition at launch, expansions and all.
>>
Quake

I mean sure looking back now the early ones are pretty dated but having started with Quake on dial up each new version was a petty nice step up. I even liked the spin offs like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

I still be hopping into Live Quake every now and then if it was still free. My only problem with Live Quake is a whole lot of the player base never, ever moved on to other games. It's been nothing but 1000s of hours in Quake series for a decade plus. Taking autistic nerd game play to a whole other level.
>>
>>320870072
Ratchet and Clank
>>
>>320871610
even Quake 4?
I was very disapointed at the time
>>
Pokemon, though it's a bit strained with OR/SS not being what I was hoping for.
Also Yakuza.
>>
Maybe Yakuza and inevitably Smash.
>>
>>320870561
I would probably say Halo as well, but only because it's the only series I have played 5 of. The games have been consistently enjoyable despite their flaws.
>>
Metal gear

I can be a fanboy for the series, but I can see the flaws in each game. I enjoyed them like no other nonetheless
>>
>>320870072
Resident Evil

I even played all the spinoff and liked them too
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.