[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm thinking about getting a survival game like pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: Rust1.png (525 KB, 960x436) Image search: [Google]
Rust1.png
525 KB, 960x436
So I'm thinking about getting a survival game like pic related (Rust, DayZ, Etc.) for the Steam Winter Sale.

What would you recommend as a good Survival game that would be under 30 dollars on sale?

>none they are all shit ;)
This is not a valid answer.
>>
Just get Rust, it is the best.
>>
>>320859250
No really, every single one is shit. Why do you think they're all Steam Early Access games? But whatever man, throw your own money away. I don't care.
>>
>>320859250
The Long Dark is good but singleplayeronky, story mode is set to come out soon.

Multiplayer wise Ark maybe if you have friends and like dinosaurs. If you don't have friends to play with any multiplayer survival game is basically a waste of money.
>>
File: 2015-09-20_00001.jpg (102 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-20_00001.jpg
102 KB, 1280x960
Get ARK it's fun af
>>
Ark. Along with the survival aspect and building there's dinosaur taming/breeding, agriculture, boss monsters, and a generally friendlier community due to resources being more abundant than in other games.
>>
>>320859250
Between Rust and h1z1, Rust is way better. It's still early access cancer but the devs are making big changes. h1z1 is a shitty example of early access, the game is barebones as fuck, the sevs don't bother updating frequently and all anyone does is play battle royale with cheese.
>>
My honest opinion is they are all memes and are shitty cashgrabs.

get either rust or ark
>>
>>320859250
>>320859250

7 days to die
>>
OP here, my eyes are on ARK now. Tell me, how is it better then Rust, the other one I am interested in getting?
>>
Any of you have tried The Forest? How is it?
>>
>>320859250
none they are all shit ;)
>>
File: download (15).jpg (8 KB, 200x192) Image search: [Google]
download (15).jpg
8 KB, 200x192
>>320859584
HAHAHAHA No Op seriously avoid that 11 year old kids-populated meme game at all cost.

>>320859250
OP just get DayZ or Ark. DayZ as bugged as it is in terms of ballistic, gun models, the feeling of shooting, graphics, map it beats other games.

Ark is good too but It gets boring fast and I fucking hate dinosaur games so it's up to you
>>
>>320860224
Rust community is similar to the autistic minecraft kids you see at Minecons
>>
File: 2.png (545 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
2.png
545 KB, 640x640
>>320860521
>avoid that 11 year old kids-populated meme game
> just get DayZ or Ark
>Ark
>>
get the one with which you have friend to play with
believe me the games get so dull and painful if you have no friend to play with, but if you want to play rust...
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CYKABLYATAMERISKY/
>>
>>320859250
7 days to die.
Basically a grown up minecraft with physics and tower defense. Its hard as fuck for beginners, but fun, especially with friends
>>
>>320859584
>download rust
>join server
>black as coal
>look up how to change race
>devs: YOU CAN'T CONTROL HOW YOU ARE BORN IN REAL LIFE EITHER, SO YOUR CHARACTER IS TIED TO YOUR STEAM ID. IF EVEN ONE WHITE PERSON UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE AN OPPRESSED MINORITY BY THS I'M HAPPY."

Yes, I get it. I'm a shitlord. I just want some beautiful milky white skin. Tying random race and gender to your fucking steam ID is goddamn retarded.

Sadly, I played back when it was a zombie survival rock fucker game, so I was past the return period.

Rebooting a game with a totally new vision should allow for steam refunds.
>>
Which one of these games can be played in offline singleplayer?
>>
>>320863851
ARK
>>
>>320863851
7 days to die
>>
>>320860231
Bare bones as it gets
>>
>>320859250
Dayz is the game that kicked all these clones off.

Get that.
>>
File: 1357445959981.jpg (72 KB, 500x549) Image search: [Google]
1357445959981.jpg
72 KB, 500x549
>>320863586
> Tying random race and gender to your fucking steam ID is goddamn retarded.

This, its seriously keeping me from buying the game because the developer is a fucking retard over this issue.

Forcing his SJW shit in the absolute worst way possible.

White male is default in videogames get the fuck over it.
>>
File: 1437419025898.gif (959 KB, 245x400) Image search: [Google]
1437419025898.gif
959 KB, 245x400
>>320859250

project zomboid
>>
>>320863586
>Rebooting a game with a totally new vision should allow for steam refunds.
Its stated several times in early access thqt this could happen
Your own fault
>>
>>320865471
doesnt mean its better
>>
>>320859250
DayZ is getting to the point where it's playable and fun. Just had a large update with vehicles, and it seems as the tech they were working on the majority of this year is making it into the game. It's still buggy, and has many issues. It's also one of the better if not the best looking game of the bunch.
>>
>>320866561
Where are the zombies?
>>
File: 1435517755955.jpg (77 KB, 591x960) Image search: [Google]
1435517755955.jpg
77 KB, 591x960
>>320866561
>>
C:DDA
>>
whatever you do, do not get dayz. i can't speak for the other games but dayz is a complete mess at the moment. that nigger dean hall ran off with the early access money to start up another game called ion. scum of the earth.
>>
But they are, as a matter of fact, all shit.
All of them are either indie and/or early access cancerous cashgrabs because they are games that are easy to make.
No prime AAA studio would ever bother touching that garbage genre.
>>
>>320867090

>I cant refute his point so ill call him a fag xD

His point is fair, you are the faggot.
>>
>>320863586
PFAHAHAHAHAHAHA REALLY????
If I buy the game I might risk a 50/50% of being forced to play forever as a fucking filthy aids infested ebola sandnigger?
>>
>>320866783
In the game again, and at a better point then the mod. Which is really sad that it took this long. That said, stealth is viable, and you can lose them by running away.
>>
Just get Minecraft like a normal person ;)
>>
>>320867090
When was the last time you played it? I think it's insane that it's taken this long to get to the point that it's at. But that doesn't change the fact that it is starting to look like the game, i always wanted from the mod.
>>
>>320867845
Dick size and gender is tied to it as well.

Guess who got the monkey with the smallest roll of coins in the history of peckers?
>>
>>320868148
PFAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thats literally 'SJW The Videogame'

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I love h1z1 mostly because of the battle royal mode. It's some pretty fun shit
>>
Rust really made me hate jews, niggers and underaged faggots.
Thanks Garry, I hope it is what you wanted. Nah, you just wanted the 20 bucks, huh? Fucking cancerous jewboy.
>>
>pirate Rust when zombies were still there
>have the time of my life
>all the cracked RU servers are either down or laggy as fuck
>decide to buy the game
>buy it, install it
>can't play for three weeks because they're getting DDoS'd
>finally playable
>hundreds of hours of fun
>game gets completely remade
>it becomes the biggest piece of disgusting shit I ever played

Oh well, at least I learned my lesson.
>>
>>320869686
I don't even get what you're meant to do in rust. I got gifted it, started it up and just roamed around. I made a spear, killed a deer, and then someone sniped me. Everyone already has everything, weapons bases, so how am I supposed to do a thing?
>>
Ark or Seven Days to Die. Both are alright online or offline, can play both with just friends.
The rest are PURE TRASH, I own every single one.
Alternative mentions: Subnautica. But honestly this one is entirely based on "Do you love the ocean?"
>>
>>320870102
You have to search a decent server first if you're playing alone. It'll only take you about 3+ months, if you even find one at all. Or you just join a clan, immediately get the very best items and steamroll everybody.
That's Rust. It's shit.
>>
>>320870314
How is The Fifth Day?
>>
>>320870638
Or just not be a retard and find a decent hiding place where to store all your goodies. Worked in old rust, and works in the new rust.
>>
>>320872330
Thanks, Cpt. Obvious. It's still a pile of shit though.
>>
Any good Rust clans openly recruiting/4chan clans?
>>
>>320859250
If you REALLY want to buy one of them get either rust or ARK, if you want to waste hours taming a dino gets ARK otherwise pick Rust.
>>
Arks pretty fun, bonus points for pve servers and being able to configure singleplayer/your server how you like (maxed taming speeds or resource gather amounts to reduce the grind for example). Not sure how straight pvp is doing since I avoid that like the plague, but pve servers are fun.

7 Days to Die is pretty good quality and the devs are still giving it love. My only complaint is that it has the super sensitive variety of zombies, which I'm not a fan of. And it's a little harder to meet your basic survival needs than Ark where it's piss easy and you're more likely to get eaten than starve.
>>
>>320863586
>IF EVEN ONE WHITE PERSON UNDERSTANDS WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE AN OPPRESSED MINORITY BY THS I'M HAPPY."

sounds good, let me show you what its like to have a minority customer = Im broke and dont own a computer, so get fucked,
>>
>>320860089
this
just play alpha 12 until they fix the bugs for the new patch
>>
They're all the same game and have about as much depth as a puddle. Just pirate Rust, The Forest and maybe something like Stranded Deep and you've experienced everything this genre has to offer. Except of course the youtube griefer bait multiplayer but if you want that just punch yourself in the stomach for a couple of hours.
>>
All I want is a game like STALKER but online
>>
>>320875707
Ray of Hope, keep an eye on it. Won't be released for quite a while but it's exactly what you're asking for.
>>
>>320865635
>make a game emulate real life in that you don't choose anything about your basic biology whatsoever
>the absolute worst way possible to "force SJW shit"
Yeah, so much worse than arbitrarily making characters gay and having them be condescending caricatures of a stereotype for no reason other than pandering to an audience that barely exists
>>
>>320878279
>get a character you don't like
>it's forever tied to your account
>ask to change it
>NO THAT'S NOT HOW REAL LIFE WORKS, BLACKS JUST CAN'T CHOOSE TO NOT BE BLACK
>>
>>320859250
>Ark
Best of the bunch by far.
>Lov 4 Mah T-Rex mount
>>
>>320879745
See now if it was about everyone having a unique character than I think that could work (face design body build and so on). You'd always know what someone looks like no matter what, it would be rather interesting.

Fucking hate people that do their best to force their own agendas on you. I'm really scared what's going to happen in our gov (american) when the current generation of incumbents in office finally die of old age and this new generation takes over. It's going to be 50x worse than being prudes about sex and same sex marriages.
>>
>>320880658
Some dark days are awaiting America

unless we vote Trump
>>
File: 1448752805610.jpg (62 KB, 564x696) Image search: [Google]
1448752805610.jpg
62 KB, 564x696
>get Rust from humble monthly
>finally load it up
>walking around on an official server
>see other naked guys running around
>3 of us exploring a little town
>turn a corner
>decked out guy with shotgun is crouching there
>blasts my face off
>respawn
>start crafting stuff
>run across an abandoned house with a smelter
>hide under a rock while it smelts so no one finds me
>hear jingling
>go examine
>find some presents
>get a snazzy new revolver and 20 rounds
>oh boy
>start exploring with a little more confidence
>come upon a house
>guy outside is staring at me
>he shoots me with an arrow
>I swap to the revolver and shoot him
>2 arrows and I'm down
>he runs up and says over voice chat "Why'd you shoot me" and finishes me off

Fun game.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.