[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Sephiroth actually a bad dude? Or just a product of manipulation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: AtP7p4r.png (405 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
AtP7p4r.png
405 KB, 1024x576
Is Sephiroth actually a bad dude? Or just a product of manipulation?
>>
>>320856167
he wore the fedora only once and see how he has become the edge.
ONLY 1 FEDORA! 1!!
>>
>>320856167
somewhat. Sephiroth really just have terrible mommy issues.

he's definitely one vengeful motherfucker, though.
>>
>>320856167
Well, from what I remember, Crisi Core made him out to be a nice dude, but then he had a mental breakdown in the middle of an existential crisis.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>320856167
He was infected with shit that influenced his mind to snap and become bad.

It's arguable that just before he perishes, he has a moment of clarity and realizes what he's done (pic related)
>>
>>320857008

when his 2 best buddies also grew wing and went nuts and revolted against shinra. The Jenova project was an absolute shitshow, and every scientist involved besides probably Gast was a fucking moron.
>>
>>320857008
I haven't played the game myself so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard there was a scene where he wants to donate blood but the Shinra people won't let him, and this genuinely upsets him.
>>
>>320857459
Nah that never happened
>>
>>320857604
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>320856167
He seemed like an alright if a bit grim guy for a soldier, but lost his mind at Nibelheim
>>
>>320857459

yeah, it happens when he injures genesis. They have different jenova cell types or something, so he can't do it.

You can download a really good PSP emulator and the game off coolroms, that's what I did. It's a pretty fun game once you realize it's final fantasy dark souls, but the story is at the total shit bar of every final fantasy.
>>
>>320856167
>Is Sephiroth actually a bad dude? Or just a product of manipulation?
Does that affect the fact that he needs to be stopped?
>>
>>320857313
Seeing how Jenova cells remain connected, I wonder if the Jenova trio was so close also because they were almost the same organism. When two started physically and mentally falling apart, it might have influenced the third too.
>>
>>320857921
>>320857008
Crisis Core mentions that all three Jenova projects were considered pretty weird and Sephiroth and Genesis were also known to be asocial and distant. Seph cared about his little merry band, but that's about it.
>>
>>320856562
jenova isnt his mother
>>320857459
it happens
>>
It was partly Zack's fault for letting him be by himself in that mansion. He went mad being alone and taking too much information in such a short time.

It's like telling a your son his parents are dead, and the people that raised him are cannibals, and his whole view on life is a lie, etc. You don't lay it down like that. You gotta go smooth. Baby steps.
>>
File: venom snake.png (781 KB, 1281x666) Image search: [Google]
venom snake.png
781 KB, 1281x666
>Cloud falls into a coma after a battle and has scientists experimenting with Mako-energy and JENOVA cells to try and make him into a supersoldier.
>Venom Snake goes into a coma after a battle and doctors perform surgery on him to make him look like someone else.
>Cloud, after waking up, traumatized, trades place with Zack, his hero and a supersoldier, in his own memories, adopts parts of Zacks-persona.
>Venom Snake is turned into a copy of the greatest soldier of the 19th century through hypnotherapy. Has his face changed through surgery to look like aforementioned soldier.
>Both wake up years afterwards (Cloud 6/7 years, Venom 9 years) after their ordeals as someone entierly else from before they wake up from their comas.
>Both lust for revenge against their wrongdoers

Cloud confirmed for alternate universe Venom Snake. Kojima does it again.
>>
>>320856167
What's the difference?
>>
>>320858884
It does affect the fact of if he should live or die though. If he's actually evil, he should die, but if he's just manipulated, mercy is necessary.
>>
>>320856167
He chose to become a faggot instead of just accepting his fucked up background.
He's a dick.
>>
>>320861571
>If he's actually evil, he should die, but if he's just manipulated, mercy is necessary.
Why?
>>
>>320861571
>but if he's just manipulated, mercy is necessary.

No, the reason why someone commits a crime is immaterial. It is well within the victims' rights to put him down regardless of his sanity.
>>
Ultimately, only Hojo and Jenova were villains
>>
>>320857184
I'd rather say that look is disbelief, he didn't belief he could actually lose to anyone.
>>
>>320861571
Considering he and his ayylien virus are literally the biggest threat on the planet, nah.
>>
>>320862543
Pretty much. Soul searching has never been Sephiroth's strong suit.
>>
>>320862260
What about meteor?
>>
>>320863806
Meteor is just a force of nature.
It's like calling Weapons villains.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
>>320864094
>>
>>320856167
That shot makes the Masamune look really silly. A sword that long and thin should just snap in two if you blow too hard on it.
>>
>>320857604
It happened in Crisis Core.
>>
>>320864501
>A sword that long and thin made out of Earth metals should just snap in two if you blow too hard on it.
This isn't Earth.
>>
>>320862260
Sephiroth sure as hell counts too. He had it the best of all the Jenova fuck ups and still became the biggest faggot.
>>
File: [Chuckling deeply].png (115 KB, 276x230) Image search: [Google]
[Chuckling deeply].png
115 KB, 276x230
>>320861040
>19th century
>>
He's an insane megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Except he's also really powerful at the same time.
>>
>>320866250
He died right after doing anything villainous in a flashback. Jenova's Sephiroth puppet is another story.
>>
>>320867303
>h-he was just manipulated!
Sephiroth fangirls pls go. Literally not a single thing in the original game or the Compilation ever suggested that.
>>
>>320856167
God damn that is one tough fucking katana.
>>
>>320867196
>with delusions of grandeur. Except he's also really powerful at the same time.
so they're not delusions
>>
he's an incredibly vengeful and awful person
>>
I love Zack but sometimes he was just dense as a stone
>Sephiroth locks himself in house basement reading some weird books
>He´s there for like month
>Don´t say anything and pretend it´s okay
>>
>>320868296
Pretty sure that's an odachi.
>>
>>320868707
Still, to see it support even over 50 kilos of weight at the tip like that.
>>
>>320861040
And both are massive emo cucks. Coincidence?
>>
>>320868209
Sephiroth died. Cloud killed him. Remember that? When Cloud straight up stabbed Sephiroth through the chest and then he got thrown into a reactor? That's dead, mang.
>>
>>320864501

Even if the buster sword was made out of titanium which has an incredible hardness to density ratio, there's no way cloud or zack could swing it more than 2 or 3 times before their auschwitz arms got tired.
>>
>>320868567
Sephiroth's been 7 days in that basement.
>>
>>320868948
He's alive in the lifestream manipulating cloud. Cloud gets face to face with his undead body when he hands over the black materia.
>>
>>320869279
That's not being alive. That's called being dead. Aeris died, Lifestream or no.
>>
>>320868390
Is he powerful? Yes. Is he a fucking god? Hell no. And that wasn't even Jenova's original intent, she's just a parasite who wanted to gobble up all of Gaia's Mako. But then Sephiroth had to make it all weird with his "I should be the one to inherit all of Earth" because of Dr. Gast's faulty notes.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.