[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /v/? So I have had a PSP 3001 for about 3 years now and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 51g96FY+pRL._SX425_.jpg (13 KB, 425x188) Image search: [Google]
51g96FY+pRL._SX425_.jpg
13 KB, 425x188
Sup, /v/?

So I have had a PSP 3001 for about 3 years now and always played ISOs on it. This week I was playing Little Busters! when the game frozed and I had to turn the console off.

After that, It simply woudn't turn on again. When I tried to turn it on, the green light would remain on but the console didn't show any life signs.

After googling for abou two hours, I did all kind of button pressing combination while powering on, tried to turn it on without the battery (using the power cord) but nothing worked. So I gave up, took the battery out and went to sleep.

The next morning, I put the battery back on, tried it again and everything worked normally.

Now, the console will only turn on after some time, despite what I try. The battery seems to be OK and is charging normally.

I don't think the console is bricked, but I'm pretty sure it has a serious hardware problem. Can someone please shine a light on this problem?

Thank you.
>>
Probably a bad battery, it gets worst with time.
try using the psp with only the charger or replace the battery
>>
Just buy another one
>>
>>320850032
it still won't turn on, even if I use only the charger, without the battery.
I don't think battery is the issue here

>>320850081
poor 3rd worlder, can't do that
>>
>>320850160
Use your backup PSP
>>
>>320850240
good idea, haven't thought of that yet
>>
>>320849892
PSP's just shit out after a while unless handed with intense care for their entire lifetime. I have a used vidya store and those things are the bane of my existence. Every once in a while they just decide its time to stop working and repairing them is never worth the money.

Dont waste your time trying to figure out which obscure internal part you need, just cut your loses and get a new one, they are plenty cheap these days.
>>
>>320850420
I guess that's that.
BTW, is it possible to play ISOs on Vita?
>>
>>320850638
never tried myself, but the vita has been hacked to death so i image if you are willing to put in the work it would be possible.

hell, it might be super easy, just do some googling.
>>
>>320849892
just transfer your savedata off your psp and switch to ppsspp. thats what I did when my psp started to kick the bucket.

if sitting at your PC to play portable games isn't your thing then ppsspp works fine on mobile devices and feel fantastic with a ps3 controller and a mount.
>>
>>320850160
>poor third worlder
They're like 50 bucks on amazon and they deliver to nearly every shithole
>>
>>320850906
Psx emulation still blows in the audio department so not a viable option for phones
>>
>>320850839
The Vita hasn't been hacked to death

There are a number of exploits for its PSP mode but they all require specific games no longer available on PSN (at least not in exploitable form)
>>
>>320851060
they are like $100, which is almost 500 bucks here
>>
>>320851201
Where exactly do you live?
>>
>>320851285
right in the middle of the asshole of the world: brazil
>>
>>320851401
then just steal a new psp at gunpoint like everyone else would
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.