[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Age : Inquisition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: dorian.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dorian.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
Is the hate this game receives on /v/ really justified?

>visually sound
>beautiful landscapes
>decent combat
>tons of optional content (arguably boring)
>one of the best characters in recent vidya history (pic related)

The Trespasser DLC is arguably better in every aspect, which gives hope for the future

Also Dragon Age 4: slavery and blood magix coming 2017

Thoughts?

i actually just wanted to discuss the dlc but i doubt many people will even bother replying otherwise
>>
>>320848134
I enjoyed the game while I was playing it but it was bad in precisely the sort of way that you don't quite hate it until you're finished. Then it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

The writing was bad. BAD.
>>
>>320848289
Did you play the Trespasser DLC?
It left me actually hype for a sequel since Solas seems like a bretty cool villain and Tevinter has never been shown besides some assholes here and there

Also the writing is just standard bioware-tier, I'm not gonna defend them but at this point I can somehow enjoy the cringey and laughable moments for the most part
>>
File: Dorian Aryan.jpg (163 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Dorian Aryan.jpg
163 KB, 900x506
>>320848134
Should have made him Aryan.
>>
>visually sound yes
>beautiful landscapes true
>shit worse-than-mmo combat
>tons of optional copy + pasted mmo tier content
>one of the gayest characters in recent vidya history
>>
>>320848134
I guess you have a point.

I'd say the story wasn't quite as interesting as DA O. In that sense, its the flaw of every dragon age.

Yeah, Dorian was pretty cool. I'll say the voice acting and the character acting in the game was below average.

I didn't care for the story that much. But yeah, decent game. It isn't worthy of the hate, but not GOTY material either.
>>
File: url.jpg (10 KB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
10 KB, 400x226
>>320848134
>visually sound
>>
>>320850361
What?
>>
the environments were the only thing that looked good. all the character models had terrible shading and the less said about the animations the better
>>
File: XS5LK.gif (883 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
XS5LK.gif
883 KB, 500x269
>>320850361
>>
I'd play it if creating qt female was possible, however the cc in this game is just GARBAGE
>>
>>320848738
that's actualy an improvement
wouldn't even be mad if he was flamboyantly homo.

at least the stupid racist mustache is gone.
>>
File: Vivienne-white.jpg (274 KB, 658x353) Image search: [Google]
Vivienne-white.jpg
274 KB, 658x353
>>320848134
Game is shit, only good thing is the SJW reaction when you change skin colour of non white character
>>
File: 1400227629053.jpg (43 KB, 300x462) Image search: [Google]
1400227629053.jpg
43 KB, 300x462
>>320848134
It is only okay. Gameplay itself is bland and consists of mostly MMO-tier fetch quests. You're playing it primarily for the customization (which again, is not that great), story (I didn't care much for the antagonist, personally), and characters (hit or miss, really).

It didn't blow me away, and I wouldn't say that you should go out of your way to play it. I'm kind of sad and actually enjoy reading the 10000000 lore entries that you can accumulate while playing, as the DA universe actually interests me, but that's about it.
>>
>>320848134
I think I'm one of the closest things /v/ has to a long-time member who can stomach this shit.

This game is shit flecked with delicious hundreds and thousands. Someone starving and with patience can either carefully scoop off these delicious treats, wash them and enjoy them, or just eat the whole thing and accept that you're a shiteater.

There's some good VA work, the guy who does Blackwall (and had a few bit parts in TW3, and seems to be doing a bit more, look forward to seeing them take more roles personally) and a couple of the others do great work. Some of the characters are written well, some less well, some are like the aforementioned speckled shit.

The game neither looks great nor terrible. The basic combat mechanics are of the same level. Anyone not completely stupid can tell this was going to be an MMORPG before SWTOR happened and forever castrated EA. Thank god. The remnants are oversized and underwhelming areas with minimal content density.

It isn't a bad game, it really isn't. If you like story it can even be a pretty good game. What it isn't is something comparable to Origins, which for 90% of /v/ makes it untouchable.
>>
>>320848134

Got bored halfway through the Hinterlands. It's pretty telling the game is shit when even Orzammar in Origins was better than the starting area.
>>
>>320851157
>even orzammar

but the dwarven start is the best?
>>
>>320851382

Deep Roads, what fucking ever.
>>
>>320848134
>Dragon Age 4: slavery and blood magix coming 2017
did they say that? last I heard one of bioware guys on twitter said something like "if we ever make a dragon age sequel" which felt kinda weird
But yeah, the potential of a Tevinter against Qun setting is pretty cool.
>>
>>320851409
kek it was actually a mistake on my part since i misread your comment

you were right though I didn't find orzammar that terrible
>>
>>320848134
Based purely on how lazily the guy's mustache is made, yes.
>>
>>320851432
The trespasser dlc ending basically says to be continued so I'm 90% sure they will make a sequel

But no i made that up
>>
I don't hate everything indiscriminately what /v/ hates, but this game managed to be shittier than the second one. I basically got bored after 1 hour and it almost felt like downloading and installing this shit took more time than me playing it.

And I loved the first one.
>>
>>320848134
I finished Dragon age: Origins and DA2. Never got far in DA:I because it somehow felt fucking boring.
>>
Well, in my eyes.
>visuals are mostly fine
>landscapes range from terrible to serviceable, none that are great
>combat is utter dogshit
>all of that optional content in meaningless and terrible
>Dorian was alright, didn't care too much about him though. Useful Focus ability
>>
The Breach storyline was absolute shit. Only good part of story was the remnants of Origins.
The main story was walled off behind the points you get from doing (incredibly tedious) side quests.
Armor customisation was actually pretty good.
Skill trees were decent, not amazing but much better than DA2.
Areas were pretty fucking empty, but compared to DA2, much improved. I preferred Origins smaller, yet much more unique envronments though.
>>
>>320850772
Holy shit, they're such hypocrites. They love the Bi-Cullen mod but hate Bi-Dorian mod?
>>
>>320848134
I enjoyed it as a fairly decent game. Probably because I didn't go in with very high expectations to begin with after DA2, so was pleasantly surprised that the game was alright.
It still amuses me though that Dorian, their first full gay character in the series which they are so proud of, was literally the stereotypical flaming homosexual with daddy issues about coming out of the closet.
Sera was an abomination though and by far one of my least liked bioware characters. Seriously, who writes this character and says " yes. that is good and well written."
>>
>>320854209
That's cultura- sexual appropriation Anon.
>>
File: 1417170459568.jpg (2 MB, 3764x3744) Image search: [Google]
1417170459568.jpg
2 MB, 3764x3744
>>320848134
oh no, the shill is back
>>
>>320854472
all me
>>
File: 1443187053696.gif (2 MB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
1443187053696.gif
2 MB, 288x216
>>320848134
>>visually sound
>>
>>320848134
>>decent combat

No fucking way did you play the game if you think this. Literally 80% of every battle is fucking auto attacking. Any spell or skill you cast takes so much mana that you end up playing a mage that casts 1, maybe 2 spells per battle. Then you are left to fucking auto attack your way to a win.
>>
>>320853597
>>320854694
>complaining about the combat

I can see why but I played as a reaver and the last skill you get which replaces your auto attack combined with dodge rolls was pretty fun t b h

Also the knight enchanter spec is fucking awesome with the laser sword attack
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.