[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: What am i in for.jpg (203 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
What am i in for.jpg
203 KB, 1600x900
What am I in for, lads?
>>
>>320843315
A content dlc that makes the game worse
>>
a fun time
>>
File: 1448914590864.jpg (64 KB, 387x335) Image search: [Google]
1448914590864.jpg
64 KB, 387x335
>>320843442
This
>>
>>320843315
pain
>>
>>320843315
Nothing enjoyable.
My recommendation for the Keeper is to play him ONLY when you have gotten Eden's Blessing in the prior run.
Abuse the D100 for that

Also, big thing here:
Get the Swallowed Penny form pots in the first two floors
You won't win without it probably
>>
Why the fuck can't I git gud at Isaac? I have over 50 hours in it and my fail steak is over 20.
>>
>>320843315
Keeper's alright once you unlock the Wooden Nickel. Finding the Swallowed Penny is almost a guaranteed victory (look for them in the clay pots in the Basement/Cellar)
>>
File: 1450136125975.png (24 KB, 240x296) Image search: [Google]
1450136125975.png
24 KB, 240x296
Also, blogging about my last Keeper run:
>make it all the way to the Chest with based Swallowed Penny
>die from double Forsaken spinning Brim in opposite directions

My biggest complaint with this game is the literally unavoidable damage
>>
>>320843315
Real plat god here, afterbirth is shit

It was handled worse than I could have imagined. They did EVERYTHING wrong. The only think I like is a couple cool new items but they're buried under the ridiculous amount of garbage they added.
>>
DRYBABY
>>
>>320843315
He is frustrating without being the fun challenge Lost used to be. Particularly until he gets the wooden nickel.
>>
How does keeper play?

The wiki literally just says "Keeper is a secret character added in the Afterbirth DLC. "
>>
>>320843824
You can manipulate them into spinning in the same direction. Or in other words: git gud
>>
>>320844003
And I'm sure you know how to do that, right
>>
>>320843315
>clean Keeper
2-3 runs of pure glory.
Out of a hundred thousand runs total.
I've had 2 good runs, the first of which I found a horrible combination of Blank Card + Mystery Card = YOU TELEPORT TO ERROR ROOM.
And I did it on Depths 2, so no boss rush with a BRIMSTONE EPIC BUILD THAT COULDN'T BE KILLED, no Dark Room or Chest, just Hush and Isaac using a Keeper with half a blue heart and an amazing item combo.

Guppy's Collar means you can never die. If you die with the collar and don't respawn, close the game normally and reopen it. Your run will still be there at the point of death and it'll reroll your 1/2 chance of collar revive.
>>
>they gave the lost d4
>added depth to the character, allowed you to make risk reward calls. overall made it slightly easier but in an enjoyable way with lots of potential for silliness

>gave lost holy mantle
>point of the character is defeated, you can now take hits constantly and you barely have to focus until the final floors
>if you use the D4, it REROLLS HOLY MANTLE, removing it from the item pool
>this means using the D4 is detrimental, the ideal defensive item for the character is now uncontainable
>essentially this means the D4 is rendered unusable and the character goes back to being unfun garbage, except now it's easy unfun garbage

Edmund doesn't understand a single fucking thing about game design. Dumb cunt
>>
>>320843824
>people still complaining about this

Why don't you find an example of actual unavoidable damage? There's more than a few, the most frustrating being warped into the Curse room. Double Forsaken is easily avoidable if you aren't a blistering retard.
>>
>>320844168
I have absolutely no idea. But they do not pop out of ghost mode before you kill the bony anyway, so only kill one of them.
>>
>>320844340
>uncontainable
I meant unobtainable
>>
>>320844340
His answer about the reroll of the Holy Mantle is that it's what taking a risk is about. Top fucking kek, no risk is worth taking if it takes away the Holy Mantle.
>>
>re-balancing a single-player game
>>
>>320844390
There's a good few examples of unavoidable damage

Isaac, conquest and daddy long legs all have certain RNG attacks that hit you before they become visible and have no pattern. There's some button rooms that guarantee damage without a high enough speed stat or flight, as well.
>>
File: 1446040666006.png (267 KB, 896x868) Image search: [Google]
1446040666006.png
267 KB, 896x868
>>
>>320844390
Mama gurdy.
>>
>>320844573
Literally what could you possibly reroll holy mantle into that would be worth it

Before, when you rerolled into holy mantle that was it. You stop rolling. It's /the/ item.
>>
>>320844390
Krampus up against a wall casting spinning brimstone
>>
>>320844664
DRYBABY, SAVE ME!
>>
>>320844664
Dry baby
>>
>>320844670
It's not unavoidable per se, since if you are immobile before she casts the attack it will theorically never hit you, but chances are you were moving when she summons the spikes.
>>
>>320844754
Steakmund believes the risk of rolling Holy Mantle could net you shit like Epic Fetus, which is the same pool and wholly possible, but such an abyssmal chance that it really isn't ever worth it and proves how much of a retard Edmund is.

Also,
>95% of all Daily runs are randomly generated floors with no thought to them, nor item order, just a random seed with a random character, sometimes with a bonus item if they feel slightly less lazy
>still no Online Multiplayer despite the Multiplayer tag on Steam
>still no final end-game chapter despite the promise on Steam that delivered a SIDE AREA
>Still no full list of content because they wanted to leave it vague on purpose and will never tell you what the "other things we can't even remember" are
>>
Swallowed penny nerf when?
>>
File: lERBeIL (1).jpg (12 KB, 109x109) Image search: [Google]
lERBeIL (1).jpg
12 KB, 109x109
>>320844664
Law of Large Numbers
>>
>>320845081
Holy mantle is better than epic fetus for the lost. If that was a guaranteed trade it would still be stupid to take it.

>select all images with steak
thanks moot
>>
>>320844664
AH CESARS LEGION
>>
>>320845081
>>still no Online Multiplayer despite the Multiplayer tag on Steam
>online multiplayer is the only multiplayer
I hate this generation of gaming.
>>
>>320844664

Can someone explain this image to me?
>>
File: should i.jpg (107 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
should i.jpg
107 KB, 1600x900
Should I do it?
>>
>>320845526
Just go and watch any northernlion Isaac run after WoTL.
>>
>>320845526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiFqDavjNbk
>>
>>320845081
He even edited the store page to say that the new content wasn't even a new chapter
He retconned his own DLC

It's insane how rushed afterbirth was, and gating content out of spite for the community and inflating gameplay hours through the greed machine to match the advertised "100 new hours of gameplay!!" was garbage.
>>
>>320845462
>Not knowing the Steam tags
The Multiplayer tag means Online Multiplayer
The Local Co-Op tag is present on games with Local Co-Op.
>>
File: Yes..png (53 KB, 622x687) Image search: [Google]
Yes..png
53 KB, 622x687
>>320845774
>edited the store page
?
It hasn't been touched.
I just took this screencap of the Store page's description.
>Expanded main game - a new FINAL AREA with a new FINAL BOSS
He never edited it, just didn't deliver.
>>
>>320845817
Exactly why I hate it.
That's a totally unnecessary separation.
>>
>>320844000
He has a slow, basically innate inner eye. It makes his DPS pretty rough, but if you get to abuse a bunch of tears up his attack strength is pretty good.

He takes coins for health instead of hearts, which turn into blue flies whenever spawned. He has a maximum of two health, he can't take devil deals for 2 hearts without dead cat or whatever. Getting down to 1 health from dead cat or a 1 heart devil deal requires a HP Up item to get to 2. HP up items otherwise have no effect.

Taking coin damage counts as red heart damage, so if you get hit at all it's pretty much impossible to see a devil room. This is compounded by the problem that he's slow.

Basically he's slow, boring, and hard to play.
>>
>>320846050
I agree there. But in this day and age, it should be logical to assume that games with local Co-Op have the capacity to have online Co-Op and that teams like Nicalis should be well equipped staff-wise to code it, work out problems, and make it work.
>>
>>320843623
Haha what? Greed mode is super easy you turbonoob. LMAO.
>>
>on boss room with keeper
>get mom's purse
>health down pill
well, i guess i know not to take pills with keeper anymore.
>>
>>320845604
You probably did it, but fuck no. The attack speed reduction will cripple you.
>>
>>320847392
i died on boss rush, it was fun
>>
>fianlly beat hush with the keeper
>keeper now holds a single penny!
fuck you
>>
>>320847687
I was so fucking mad when I found out that it wasn't an extra health container, just a regular penny
>>
File: 2015-12-20_00001.jpg (89 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_00001.jpg
89 KB, 960x540
>Hmm Let's do an Eve Run on greed mode for some easy cash in the machine. All the anons have been talking about the swallowed penny so I hope I can find it.

>Oh the matches! That's perfect! Maybe I wll find penny tears inside the dead shoopkeepers and I will have another one to try and get swallowed penny.

Jii Jii No Ree.
>>
>>320843315
I wished this shit would come out for consoles already.
God fucking damn it.
>>
>>320847290
Pills are just not worth taking anymore so many bullshit effects even with fucking PHD
>>
>>320847687
It's really telling how rushed Afterbirth was with how underwhelming Keeper's unlocks are.

What's probably more telling is how the devs didn't playtest their goddamn game. How the fuck did the missing items "bug" get unnoticed before release, assuming they aren't lying about it?
>>
>>320848594
>assuming they aren't lying about it
are you that gullible?
>>
>>320848098
I died ;_;
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.