[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love this game, but the first time I played it I dropped it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg (44 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
Ico_cover_-_EU+JP.jpg
44 KB, 351x500
I love this game, but the first time I played it I dropped it at the second room after you get Yorda and didn't pick it up again for almost 4 years because I didn't know you could pick up the wooden stick and use it as a weapon. They even let you leave the room and progress a bit without a weapon.
I actually thought the game was about running away from those shadows instead of fighting them while managing Yorda.
Like I said, I do love this game now, but that's a huge load of bullshit especially since I like to play without walkthroughs and the game tells you nothing in terms of how to play.

I am of the belief that games should let players figure out mechanics instead of telling them, but there was no indication that I could pick that stick up, and I didn't want to experiment with mechanics since you're expected to figure this out while Yorda is in the middle of being kidnapped, and there is a clear time limit.

Does /v/ have any similar experiences? What are some great games you almost dropped entirely, and why did you pick them up again?
>>
My memory of the game isn't perfect, but I'm pretty sure they explicitly focus on the stick during the cutscene.
>>
>>320842014
I was recently starting it, and I don't think there was even a cutscene
If they focused on the stick, I definitely would have got it the first time.
>>
Kind of related but I remember getting Shadow of the Colossus when it came out and just couldn't get used to the controls and ended up trading it in a couple of days after. Didn't play again till HD collection and it along with ICO are now some of my all time favorite games.
>>
OMBA OMBA OMBA OMBA
>>
>>320841495
I dropped it because it controls like shit and the camera is fucking annoying
>>
I thought this game was shit. SotC was a significant upgrade. To each their own.
>>
>>320844013

Seconded. I can't bring myself to finish SOTC.
>>
>>320842552
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rveXly3labg
Skip to around 7:38. While it doesn't focus on it, stick on fire dropping next to you seems kind of blatant.
>>
>>320843860
Shadow and Ico are two of the most elogant games I've ever played

Maybe if Last Guardian gets a physical release, we'll see more art games getting attention

Wouldn't it suck if Last Guardian was just a downloadable title?
>>
>>320844293
>Wouldn't it suck if Last Guardian was just a downloadable title?
Probably would have agreed 5 years ago, these days I don't think it matters at all.
>>
>>320843860
>tfw I ordered the HD collection and played it once and couldn't figure the controls out, fell asleep and never touched it again

This was a year ago. I like the idea of Shadow of the Colossus, but I'm obviously full retard.

Someone please stop me from replaying MGS and KH1 Final Mix Proud Mode
>>
File: sotcspecialedition.jpg (195 KB, 1500x656) Image search: [Google]
sotcspecialedition.jpg
195 KB, 1500x656
>>320844293
I'm sure it will get a physical release. Great thing about the original ICO and SOTC releases is that they had some god tier art cards included with them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.