[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this PC gaming meme to me? Why would you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: that_ll_hold_em.jpg (18 KB, 307x534) Image search: [Google]
that_ll_hold_em.jpg
18 KB, 307x534
Can someone explain this PC gaming meme to me?

Why would you want your work related shit and vidya shit all in one place?
>>
>>320837943
>work
>>
>>320837943
Fewer devices for more tasks.

Have you any idea how many tasks have been delegated to the smart phone?
>>
>>320837943
>Why would you want your work related shit and vidya shit all in one place?
Why the fuck would you not want that?
>>
You can't play every genre with a controller, basically. You can't play a real flight or space sim, strategy etc. On a console because a controller can't give you the control a keyboard would.

Add to that the fact I'm playing games from 1993-2015 on my rig and my games library will just always be bigger and more varied than what a console could give me. I don't see any other real argument for PC gaming
>>
>>320837943
>mfw this thread is now created hourly
>>
consoles are pcs, same hardware
pc can use same controllers as consoles
literally only difference is what software you can acces
>>
Can someone explain this console vs. PC meme to me? I thought the only people that gave a shit about this were Reddito- oh wait, it couldn't be that fags that browse Reddit browse 4chan too.
>>
Masturbating and shitposting on /v/ is work related?
>>
File: 1401239011567.jpg (34 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1401239011567.jpg
34 KB, 400x388
>>320837943
>top of the line machine for rendering
>can also play the best looking games

What are consoles for again? Oh right, they're for chinks that literally have no space in their tiny apartment for a desk.
>>
>>320838513
I use my phone for masturbating and shitposting on /v/.

Why the fuck would you do that shit on a desktop?
>>
File: pcgamers.jpg (72 KB, 681x960) Image search: [Google]
pcgamers.jpg
72 KB, 681x960
>>
PC ging is great when you don't have friends to come visit you.
>>
>>320838794
>again
okay consolefag, we get it, you dont want to play PC
>>
>>320838794
I know that this is a strawman, but I remember that when I played Arkham City I spent way too much time zooming in on textures, letting my OCD consume me even when it did look leagues better than the console version.

Keeping a healthy mindset is important.
>>
>>320838328
>implying a controller is exclusive to consoles

Try harder.
>>
>>320838735
Higher quality posts. Phones and tablet access to 4chan has been the death of this place. Can't run photoshop on a phhone and every post is nothing but little quippy one liners by 14 year olds.
>>
>>320839264
Photoshop isn't masturbating and shitposting, is it now?

Of course I'll use my desktop when I want to use photoshop
>>
Excell
>>
>>320839254
He was arguing for PCs, holy shit your reading comprehension is absolute trash.
>>
>>320839254

The point went right over your head, try again. I know you can plug a controller into a computer its the dependence on controllers for consoles that limits them
>>
File: PC master race.jpg (547 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
PC master race.jpg
547 KB, 2448x1836
>>320837943
You need to understand that modern PC gaming is just console gaming for memesters. This generation started pretty slowly and there is a serious lack of good exclusives on every platform including the Wii U so it has been mostly about multiplats. Multiplats run a little better on PC if your wallet allows it so they concluded that "PC is literally superior in every way to consoles" which makes them "superior" too for playing on it. It's basically a secret club of "cool gamers".

What's sad is that these niggers play on PC for all the wrong reasons, PC used to be about exclusive complexe genres, online games and generally speaking for messing around with software. Nowadays its a console for memesters, except it doesn't have any of the advantages of consoles.
>>
>>320839752
The only advantages consoles have are being plug and play gaming machines and exclusives.
>>
>>320840849
>plug and play
I miss those days.
>>
>>320841538
How so? consoles are still the same:
>Plug to power outlet
>Plug to tv
>insert disk
>play
>>
>thinking gamers work
>thinking gamers are anything but entitled manchildren
>>
>>320841613
Put disk in for first time, wait while it updates and patches.
I can't remember the last game I played that worked out of box. It's still better than the old days where if the game was shipped buggy you were stuck with it.
>>
The ability to upgrade your PC in various ways
Building a machine tailored to your needs and cost
Easily expandable storage space
Huge back catalog including old consoles and handheld

Those are the main advantages over a console.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.