[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Underrail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: header.jpg (70 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
70 KB, 460x215
Fellow raillers, how has your adventure been?
>>
>tumblrtale
>>
>>320837685
>seems like a good setting
>unsure whether /v/ is shilling because it's good or, like undertale or squad, is a shitpost tactic to waste 10 pounds of my cash

will wait
>>
>>320838223
>>>unsure whether /v/ is shilling because it's good or, like undertale or squad, is a shitpost tactic to waste 10 pounds of my cash
That, some months ago people said its buggy as fuck with no content, but that was before the release and all, so Im unsure.
>>
>>320838384
Dude what. Are you sure you are talking about the same game? The alpha, which got to Steam some years ago, was about 50% finished, then in the beginning of this year it was about 80%. So those people you were talking to were liars or Todd Howard. Now it is 100% ready and definitely not short on content. It will take around 70-100 hours to finish.
>>
File: 1396190902555.jpg (42 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
1396190902555.jpg
42 KB, 285x300
>some poor fucks here actually went in with boring gunner builds instead of a psi monk
>>
>>320840206
>not going with both
>>
>>320840552
Generalists builds are pretty shit in underrail from what i've seen.
You don't need guns when you can literally mind break everyone and then fry their brains or slowly take them apart with a knife.
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (393 KB, 976x858) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.jpg
393 KB, 976x858
goin for angry hammer guy
hows melee in late game ?
still playable or everything will kill me with their guns ?
>>
>>320840856
Melee builds are pretty fucking strong from what i've seen.
Sledgehammer faggots can kill me with 2 swings or even stun into oblivion.
>>
>no map
What the fuck is this shit? I am completely lost. It's hard to tell where I've been and where I should explore next.
It doesn't even seem like you can buy a map like in Gothic 1&2 game. I love that. It's very helpful.
>>
File: 1393966068218.gif (905 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1393966068218.gif
905 KB, 384x216
>>320841091
>mfw exploring mushroom caves without a map
How large this fucking place is? How many exits and entrances there are?
Jesus fuck.
>>
>>320841235
Its big

for you
>>
>>320841091
>>320841235
yeah not having a map is weird

do crafting break the game ?
i hate when crafting do that
>>
Pretty damn good. Doing a generic "light footed guy with firearms + psi" run.
>>
Forcefield+traps shenanigans are so fucking good.
You can defeat pretty much anyone if you think for a few moments instead of just attacking.
>>
File: 2015-12-20_00001.jpg (269 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_00001.jpg
269 KB, 1920x1080
So, s-should i do it?
>>
>>320842242
Have fun.
>>
>>320841235
It's too big when you don't have a map.
It feels like the dev didn't add a map just so you would get lost a lot and think the world is bigger than it actually is.
Navigating the map is a nightmare. If I want to go somewhere I have to remember that I need to go left, left, top, bottom right, right, left etc. And there are these rocks everywhere that block passage, I have to remember where all of them are in case I get higher agility or find a way of destroying rocks.
>>
>>320842820
Later you must destroy some of the rocks, you can buy dynamite
>>
>>320843472
Which is retarded.
I don't remember where all the rocks are. I'll have to spend 30 minutes backtracking if I want to find those rocks again.
>>
>>320843582
Make a map. If you ever played 90s dungeon crawlers you'd know.
>>
>>320841048
Enemies stunning you 100% of the time when the weapon has a 10% chance is pretty bullshit.

I was at a point in the game facing a dude with a sledgehammer, and I had to reload at least 20 times cos I kept dying. Everytime the fucker got close enough to attack me it was a stun 100% of the time. Meanwhile i manage to stun someone, like once every 10 hours. And then they second wind or whatever it's called and cure the status. Every time
>>
>>320843786
Nets.
>>
Great, loving the game so far, the combat is punishing without being impossible. World feels pretty dense, interface is snappy. If you aren't a total casual and have played older games to completion you should have a good time.
>>
Oddity XP or classic?
>>
>>320846228
oditty xp is fast enough imo
i guess classic can be farmed
>>
>>320837685
I always run into the same problem with these games when making a character. I get so preoccupied with the character maker that I just can't decide what to roll with and end up quitting.
>>
I loved Fallout 1, that's pretty much the only turn based RPG I've played.

Should I try this?
>>
It is a great game! Please buy UnderRailâ„¢!
>>
>>320839016
Shit like this is what makes me suspicious if a game being shilled. Anyone who can recite the history of the games content from a few years ago seems like they're probably invested in its success.
>>
Pretty good so far. My only complaint is that you aren't given enough direction.

Delivered a package for some guy in the cafeteria and told me to to take it south of "GSP Compound" or something. No instructions of how to get there. The game is assuming I know where that is. I managed to find it after wondering around aimlessly.
Same for the mushroom caves too. You're just told "go to the mushroom caves" but are given half of the directions you need to find it easily. "Go south of the barricade" isn't helpful if you've never been or heard of the barricade before.
>>
>>320843786
>Enemies stunning you 100% of the time when the weapon has a 10% chance is pretty bullshit.
Best part of running a PSI build is Locus of Control feat.
>3 round immunity to stun, fear, incapacitation, and mind control.
>>
Lack of a map sounds pretty tedious and annoying. Not everything about 80/90's games was good; nevermind the fact that plenty of them had maps.
>>
>Cons:
>Bad writing with lots of typos.
>Simplistic fedex-quests with lots of cliches.
>Not much reactivity and dialogue checks.
Damn
>>
Any tips for a starter?
>>
>>320846663
>loved it

Definitely yes then.
>>
>>320846923
Well, this game deserves to be shilled, I hope the dev makes more of them. I understand your concern, but feel free to pirate it or refund/whatever. Just try it out, you never know if you like it or not.
>>
>>320848367
True, but it is made by a serbian so you can't expect perfect english. Also it is first and foremost not a dialogue simulator.
>>
Psi is the tightest shit in this game.

>set niggas on fire with your mind
>brainfuck them till they're catatonic
>create evil doppelgangers to help in combat
>be a psi-monk with stunning energy punches and shit
>>
>>320837685
>The name is like it's vaguely ripping off undertale so they can ride on the coattails of a recent indie success

The whole thing makes it seem like a cheap shitty budget shovelware cash grab.
One game in the endless flow of shitty, ripoff, steam green light games with "X-craft" or "Y-fortress" in their names.

It gives the mental image that it's some type of Dingo pictures, Video briquendo or Phoenix games type of grandma confuser shit.

0/10 would not buy.
>>
File: 1342143354263.gif (288 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1342143354263.gif
288 KB, 125x125
I wonder if it's safe to work with that Abram fella who wants to dig some info on protectorate.
Will it fuck me up at some point?
>>
File: 1395647097560.gif (148 KB, 425x417) Image search: [Google]
1395647097560.gif
148 KB, 425x417
>visiting that island
now this was legit spooky
>>
>>320850819
This bait makes me sad.
Bait is generally used to make one mad.
Why would you make me sad?
>>
This guy has some great build advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.