[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people on this board who unironically think Ninja
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1449887689053.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
1449887689053.png
298 KB, 600x512
>There are people on this board who unironically think Ninja Gaiden and DMC are harder than the Souls games
>>
DMC doesn't have artificial difficulty
>>
>>320834708

>OP sucks at Dark Souls

It's fucking easy compared to Ninja Gaiden
>>
>>320834708
dumb niggerposter
>>
>>320834708
Three words:
Hell
And
Hell

You soulsfags wouldn't even survive on heaven and hell mode and God forbid you attempt Ninja Gaiden.
>>
Not to boast or anything, but I have the platinum trophy on Demons Souls and Dark Souls, 1000 Gamerscore on Dark Souls for 360, Windows Live and all of the achievements on Steam, the platinum trophy for Dark Souls II and all of the Steam achievements for Dark Souls II...

and I can't beat Dante Must Die mode on Devil May Cry 4, or get past Nephilim difficulty on DmC: Devil May Cry. I've also not been past the first boss on Ninja Gaiden: Black. Haven't played any other Ninja Gaiden games.
>>
File: 1334329164853.jpg (18 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1334329164853.jpg
18 KB, 366x380
>>320834708
>There are people on this board who unironically think Souls games are hard
>>
File: TaeyeonLips.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TaeyeonLips.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
i beat ng2 on master ninja difficulty.

nothing in any souls games compares.
>>
File: 1308545420692.png (26 KB, 251x226) Image search: [Google]
1308545420692.png
26 KB, 251x226
The Souls games DO rely on some form of- and pardon this shitty phrase- artificial difficulty.

The gimmick in Demon's Souls was that enemies had poise and could tank even your giant sword swings while at the same time stunlocking you with counter damage.

Also, stunlocks are a thing in the Souls game, for some stupid reason. No modern game should have stunlocks.

Which brings us to Dark Souls 1, which had the poise system. It gave armor a purpose and you defied stunlocks at the cost of receiving higher damage since you would more than likely be tanking a lot of counter hit damage, plus depending on your armor, you would trade off mobility as well. It was a decent system, don't know why they removed in...

...Dark Souls 2, a fucking shit game. It brought back Demon's Souls stunlocks and to this day still pretends it has a poise system and that it has functioning armor. It doesn't. The system is crap and never works outside of some lucky PvE. Again, DaS2 relies on enemies doing boss-tier damage with stunlocks.

Bloodborne also has bullshit gimmicks for some enemies. Not all of them, so the game doesn't just turn into utter shit. For those of you that haven't or can't play it, basically you have no poise but you can usually dash out of attacks after taking a single hit. However, in some cases you are stunlocked for around 40 to 70% of your health. Once again, the formula relies on enemies literally slapping you with their bare hands and doing absurd boss-tier level damage to you with stunlocks. Simple guys with torches can dish out more damage than your big sword sometimes. It's an awful goddamn gimmick.

So the Souls series relies on fucked up damage formulas for regular enemies when the team just wants to be lazy. It's not all the time, but it is there, and it doesn't make it any less of a gimmick once you realize what's going on. Bloodborne's DLC is the most recent culprit. A lot of bosses in that DLC can just 1-2 shot you regardless of your defenses or level.
>>
File: 13938554247.jpg (49 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
13938554247.jpg
49 KB, 500x667
>>320835872

I'd also like to add that in Bloodborne, enemies can combo you off the ground. So you can get one-shot by getting grounded by a hit, then comboed on the ground for massive damage. Usually 80% of your life or straight up death. It can barely happen if you're aware of what is going on, but it's also a shitty gimmick for the sake of adding some form of difficulty.
>>
>>320834708
>there are people that believe they aren't
>>
>>320834708
There are people on this board that are so autistic about souls and smash that they can't stop posting stupid threads.

Sage goes in options
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.