[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bough battlefront
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: imgres.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Am I a retard?
>>
As long as you have fun, no
>>
never played it but, yes
>>
>>320834323
OP here, I like the game but everyone says it's rubbish.
>>
>>320834274

If it was on sale for like 20-30 dollars off I'd probably say no. If you bought it for full price, yea, you're a retard.
>>
File: IMG_20151216_223344.jpg (101 KB, 495x618) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_223344.jpg
101 KB, 495x618
Post yfw u bought battlefront
>>
>>320834274
>bough
yes you are retarded
>>
If you bought a new copy at $60, then yes. I bought someones code that was in one of those shitty bundles for $20. At that price it felt ok. Not great. It's pretty much an arena shooter, not battlefront.
>>
>>320834797
Should I get checked?
>>
File: benis.jpg (58 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
58 KB, 600x900
>>320834724
>mfw bought it on Xbone
>mfw considering it for PS4 to play with friends
>>
>>320834719
was 30 dollars cause 3rd world country prices.
>>
It's alright for a mindless shooter in disguise as a Star Wars game. If you go into Battlefront thinking of it as a shootin' rootin' and tootin' game with baster rifles, you'll have fun.

Don't try and see it as a sequel to Battlefront 2, they just called it Battlefront to try and capitalize on its popularity.
>>
not a ton of depth but watever happened to enjoying a simple shooter? i came from years of csgo and im having fun

maybe your not a casual
>>
Yes.
>>
if you like star wars return the game it pretty much says fuck you we got to go to the sets and look at the props but never seen the movies.
>>
>>320834956
Where at anon? I want a cheap copy of this?
>>
>>320834920
why did you buy it on xbone
>>
I traded fallout for it. Played 2 mediocre games for the price of one
>>
>>320837704
PC or PS4? Are you OK with digital?
>>
its fun for a few hours, then youve seen it all. Like titanfall, like dirtybomb, like any other online only shooter
>>
>>320834274

I picked it up cheaply and it's ok. It's good mindless fun but quickly gets repetitive.

>Battlefield audience means half your team sit and snipe regardless of objectives
>Everyone has homing shot for cheap kills
>Everyone has unlocked the best gun (Han Solo's pistol) by now and you'll get raped not using it
>>
>>320839402
It's not even hard to dodge a homing shot, it's just fucking annoying how frequently they are used.
>>
>>320834687
Being rubbish doesn't keep it from being fun, anon. If you like it, just enjoy it and ignore /v/.
>>
it does look pretty

I heard its small and somewhat meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
>>
>>320839552

Half the time my game doesn't even warn me I'm locked on.
>>
>>320839358
>Like titanfall, like dirtybomb, like any other online only shooter

I don't get this meme
A shit campaign doesn't suddenly validate a game. It's possible to have an online only shooter that doesn't suck, the problem is making a game that doesn't suck to begin with.
>>
I bought it and returned it the same day. It's just so boring to actually play, the pretty aesthetics can't mask how shallow it is. I know all the battlefield games were shallow but they had more things to do, more maps and classes to mix up the game play a little.

I can't even play as a fucking wookie. It's lame.
>>
>>320840001

Funny.. I did the same thing. Its weird how quickly it gets super boring.
>>
>>320839853
>>A shit campaign doesn't suddenly validate a game. It's possible to have an online only shooter that doesn't suck, the problem is making a game that doesn't suck to begin with.
Im not saying those have bad campaigns. Im saying those games dont have lasting value. Limited weaponpool, limited maps, gameplay that falls into the same rhythm without anything to shake it up, those kind of things kill online only shooters.
>>
I thought a lot about it and my definitive explanation is this: the game is fun on its own. It looks great and plays well. But when you hold it to the standards of the previous 2 Battlefronts, that's when it starts to seem shitty. If they had just released this as its own game named "Battles of the original trilogy" or something like that, it would be better, but calling it "battlefront" holds it to a standard that it doesn't reach. I enjoy it personally. When you play it, don't think "aww this isn't like battlefront 2 and therefore is bad" think more "the game that I'm currently playing is enjoyable"

TL;DR game is fun but don't hold it to battlefront 2 standards
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6317938
>http://strawpoll.me/6317938
http://strawpoll.me/6317938
>http://strawpoll.me/6317938
>>
>>320837704
Origin.
>>
>>320834687
It's not a bad game in a lot of respects, people just don't like it because there's so little good content and a complete lack of singleplayer
>>
>>320839358

>titanfall

I am still sad by its potential
>>
>>320834274
Play what ya like anon.
>>
File: m_leg.png (29 KB, 100x168) Image search: [Google]
m_leg.png
29 KB, 100x168
>>320840846
>1 vote for the movie
Found /tv/
>>
>>320840001
>no stormtrooper customization in the way of different armours, helmets, clolours and things like that
>the first option is a black woman
>the rest of the options are helmetless people
>have to be level 50 for any decent customization for rebels or stormtroopers

Fuck EA and their hate boner for prequel stuff. Clone troopers would have been great but i guess that wouldn't be possible because you can't have lots of different females as clones.
>>
File: Fatman.jpg (390 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
Fatman.jpg
390 KB, 919x720
>>320839402

>mfw somebody beats you to the AT-AT or hero token and they get sniped while kneeling down.
>>
>>320841492
>Fuck EA and their hate boner for prequel stuff. Clone troopers would have been great but i guess that wouldn't be possible because you can't have lots of different females as clones.
your just as retarded as EA, there are hundreds of canon armors with out even using clone troopers
>>
>>320840926
>It's not a bad game in a lot of respects

Nigga the only thing good about the game are the visuals & sounds, everything else is fucking awful,
>>
>>320844704
no not the sound, just the music and blasters, every other sound in the game is horrible.
Storm troopers and rebels sound nothing like storm troopers and rebels, not even the fucking storm trooper helmet distortion is there. The heroes all sound like shit.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.