[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4x / TBS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1291643940master_of_magic.jpg (114 KB, 638x300) Image search: [Google]
1291643940master_of_magic.jpg
114 KB, 638x300
I love this genre but fucking amazingly/retardedly I have only ever played the sci fi themed ones. Please rank the following in order of how good they are, since I'm going to buy them all on GoG or whatever depending on the feedback. Top games are the ones I have played. I have tried to list what I have seen to be the 'best' of the fantasy 4x/TBS games, so if you have other suggestions by all means throw them in

Alpha Centauri
Xcom Enemy Unknown
XCOM TFTD
XCOM Apocalypse
Galactic civilisations 2
Master of Orion
Master of Orion 2
Jagged Alliance 2

Master of Magic
Heroes of might and magic III
Age of Wonders
Age of Wonders 2
Desktop Dungeons (seems like more of a puzzler?)
>>
If you're going to get a HoMM game, get 5, it's 3 but better.
>>
>>320832262
What the fuck are you waiting for, you double nigger? Go and play all of them. Maybe except Desktop Dungeons, because it's not a strategy game.

I mean, what the hell, are you underage or something? Every decent person on the planet already played every single one of them.
>>
>>320832262
4x is a very, very nice genre in theory but it is held back more by the absolute lack of proper AI in computer gaming than any other.
>>
File: what the fuck am i reading.gif (794 KB, 295x284) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am i reading.gif
794 KB, 295x284
>>320832348
>>
>>320833356

I think the new Civ game that is eventually gonna be made will have the hero unit styles from 4x games
>>
Everything is just ass compared to MoO2.

Even Stardrive 2, which is just a blatant MoO2 clone can't pull it off.
>>
>>320836409
Is the StarDrive dev still as retarded as he was during the first one.
>Ship upgrades in size
>Suddenly front is back
>"I-i-i-it's on purpose!"
>>
Got a question about the XCOM new games.
Should I play enemy within right away or play enemy unknown first? Do they have different SP campaigns?
>>
>>320837534
Enemy Within is the same campaign, it just adds some new features like MEC suits and gene mods. I'd say there's no need to play the base game first.
>>
>>320837714
Thanks for the quick answer, ill do that. I've tried to play enemy unknown a few years ago and more than one time I have dropped it, but I really want to beat the campaign in classic at least. Any advanced tips?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.