[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DRAGONS DOGMA THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: Wolves.png (201 KB, 502x408) Image search: [Google]
Wolves.png
201 KB, 502x408
DRAGONS DOGMA THREAD
>>
DEER HUNT IN PACKS
>>
EMPTY WORLD PUSHING ME
>>
How do wolves feel about fire?
>>
>Time to shill an upcoming game guys!
>Remember, $5 commission for every reply you get!
>>
File: predicted to fail.png (303 KB, 764x941) Image search: [Google]
predicted to fail.png
303 KB, 764x941
>>
TIS WEAK TO HEAT
>>
I just want some game with hunting and shit. Does DD have snow?
>>
>>320821201
>telling people it's shit

Since when did /v/ get a job
>>
File: CAXTON.png (427 KB, 300x361) Image search: [Google]
CAXTON.png
427 KB, 300x361
MASTER
>>
Can you reset your characters stats?

This whole stat optimization thing looks really annoying.
>>
File: Caxton2.png (95 KB, 228x273) Image search: [Google]
Caxton2.png
95 KB, 228x273
WORKS
>>
>>320821201
>it has neither
Is he just saying like 'its pretty decent but not really great' or is this professionally shit taste on display?
>>
>>320821201
>Xbone shill site
Hohohohohoho
>>
>>320821249
What kind of hunting? It's an action RPG. I mean you can run around a moderately varied open world environment killing monsters and grabbing their bits and pieces for different uses, but I wouldn't call it hunting, strictly speaking. And yeah, there's some snow and mountains, from what I remember.
>>
>>320821481
The latter.
>>
>>320821201

How much did DD sell in the end?
>>
>>320821279
>>320821481
>Games journalist
Probably didn't even make it to Gran Soren.
>>
>>320821556
I dunno, just fucking monsters up. I want to kill something but gameplay mustn't be shit.
>>
>>320821590
2.3 million last count

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragons-dogma-series-sales-reach-23-million-units/1100-6430483/
>>
>>320821556
>>320821249

There isn't snow, which is a shame. The whole time I thought the northern part of the map would have snow, then when I got there it was just a forest. There were snow harpies though
>>
>>320820825
WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS ARISEN
>>
>>320821662

So that XB1 writer was full of shit, got it.

Guess the PC version will be the third time I buy it.
>>
>>320821646
Well then DD should do you just fine. The story and characters aren't amazing, but the world is fun to run around killing shit and the combat is really good.

>>320821707
Really? I must be remembering wrong. Did BB not have any?
>>
>No JP VA
>No Into Free
>No Berserk

Shit game.
>>
>>320821707
I hope that we get a sequel with thick as fuck snowdrifts to wade through (loli pawns/arisen must be carried depth) with yetis lurking in caves.
>>
>>320821795
>No JP VA
A blessing
>No Into Free
Learn to download songs
>No Berserk
Woopdefuckingdo, some armor from an overrated crapfest no one cares about.
>>
File: 1450456040627.png (32 KB, 424x592) Image search: [Google]
1450456040627.png
32 KB, 424x592
>>320821351

You don't need to worry about optimization at all. The game gets quite easy at higher levels anyway so it might even be more fun to have a gimped character, but it's pretty hard to fuck up a character so bad that you can't get by. Maybe if you do like total opposites, from a wizard to a warrior, then it might be pretty bad. Otherwise your equipment will carry you well and you don't need to stress about that stuff
>>
>>320821795
>No JP VA
wat
Dark Arisen had that. Don't tell me that they decided to remove it.
>>
I kinda wanted snow monsters. Fuckers you could melt, but whatever.

Fire-weak enemies were too common in the game.
>>
>>320821646
The gameplay in Dragon's Dogma is the main draw of it. It's got a lot of ways to tackle encounters, and all of the classes feel quite unique. Enemies are also well designed, and all have varied weaknesses (i.e. have to climb to their weak spots, can't be hurt by magic, have to be grappled).
>>
>>320821901
They've not planned to implement it thus far. Berserk isn't happening because they don't have the license anymore.
>>
>>320821907

But it's weak against fire!
>>
>>320821874

That would be great. They already had the wind literally pushig you, so more environmental stuff like that would be cool. Maybe also something like streams carrying you away when you cross a river

>>320821789

Nah, it was mostly indoors anyway
>>
>>320821874

This. And make sozes and weights more impactful
>>
STRIDER BEST CLASS
>>
>>320821874
>ARISEN, SNOW WILL SLOW YOU DOWN
>ARISEN, WATCH OUT FOR FALLING ICE
>ARISEN, DONT CATCH A COLD
>ARISEN, SNOW WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS
>>
I'm still on the fence if i buy it or not. I got wonderfull 300 hours with the basic edition on the PS3. I know how much DA adds in comparison.
Still, the multiplayer component is much for the Pawns exchange, but i know so much already that i did playthroughs just punching stuff by myself.
So...is other people pawns really necessary for DA content or there's more i'm missing here? I'm inclined to just pirate it. Let me add i recommend everyone who never played it to buy, it's a great game.
>>
>>320821901

Licensing issues or something. I guess it's a shame maybe, though I liked the English voices much more
>>
Okay what class would be the best class to play as if I wanted to try and play fast paced like I do with Bloodborne?
>>
>>320822056
But Assassin can do everything Strider can. And has better non-augment grappling skills.
>>
I played it a long time ago and used a melee character, Warrior mostly. At the end I switched to Assassin.
I didn't use magic at all I think. Is a magic-only character good? Or even some hybrid Mystic Knight or Magick Archer? I remember reading Magick Archer is pretty OP.
Don't know what to start on PC now.
>>
>>320821795
It's Dragon's Downgrade for ya.
>>
>>320822139
Strider and its variants are the fast classes. Rangers get kickass bow shit, Assassins get a lot of weapon variety and more melee shit. Magick Archer is like Ranger except also magic.
>>
>>320822225
>I didn't use magic at all I think. Is a magic-only character good?
Every vocation is viable.
>>
>>320822139
I don't know what that means. But strider and assassins are basically ninjas slicing left and right with dagger and jumping around. Archers are also fast, your bow is a machine gun of special effects.
>>
>>320822137
>implying you even played with Japanese voices and understand Japanese
>>
>>320822139
>Bloodborne
First off, don't go in expecting anything like Souls/Bloodborne. They're not similar at all.

Secondly, any bow-using class can go fast. If you want magic, there's Magick Archer, if you want to be a bit more versatile with weapon choice (being able to use swords and shields) there's Assassin.
Fighter is also moderately fast, but not as fast as the bow classes.
>>
>Mystic Knight
>at 60fps
>in 4k
The world is not prepared.
>>
>>320822225
Both Magick Archer and Mystic Knight are good fun. Sorceror is great for big dumb spells. Don't bother with Mage as anything other than a starting class though, you'll want to change as soon as you get to Gran Soren.

>>320822297
Mage is boring, though.
>>
File: Skill_Strider_Cutting_Wind.webm (981 KB, 320x150) Image search: [Google]
Skill_Strider_Cutting_Wind.webm
981 KB, 320x150
>>320822139

A dagger class probably, so any yellow class. Strider can climb enemies the fastest, but all the yellows are pretty agile and share a lot of dagger moves. Then it just depends which kind of bow you want
>>
>>320821351
Most classes are fairly middle of the road in stat progression anyway, and gear means so much more than stats. Pre-level 100, no class gets less than 2 points in an offensive stat, so it doesn't matter at all until 100+ where some classes can get 0 in a stat. Most people beat BBI before they get to 100+ anyway, because all you need is gear.

For example, in the absolute worst-case scenario of leveling 10 Mage and 190 Sorcerer for maximum magick, your weapon alone would still account for 66.6% of your total magick. In anything less than that worst-case scenario, it's more like 80-90% of your magick from your weapon.
>>
>>320822515
>>320821881
Well that sounds pretty good then, thanks anons

Now im even more hype, please help I need this game now
>>
>>320822347

I tried it out when I figured that maybe the pawn chatter won't be so repetitive if I can't understand what they say. It was just as repetitive though, and otherwise I preferred English voices
>>
>>320822656
Don't compare shit you know nothing about.
>>
>>320822742

Anon are you okay
>>
>>320821795

>Want jap VAs
Aught is for naught
>>
Magick archer > MK > ranger > assassin > sorcerer > soldier > strider > warrior > mage
>>
>>320822656
>changing Grigori voice
>no she goat accent
No thanks.
>>
>>320821795
>No JP VA
JP dub is not original anyway, no one cares
>No Into Free
"Mods will fix it."
>No Berserk
Good, those armors were triggering my autism.
>>
>>320822139

Assassin with bow and sword.
>>
>>320823215
>warrior that low
Arc of Deliverance would like a word with you.
>>
Someone still have that webm of a Fighter gal Perfect Blocking an Ogre's drop kick and Downthrusting his fucking head off? God that's one of my favorite webms ever.
>>
File: greatswordsinskyrim.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
greatswordsinskyrim.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>320823446
No, but I have a couple of these
>>
>>320823215
>Fighter higher than Warrior
I want 6 skills babies to leave.
>>
File: magicinskyrim.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
magicinskyrim.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>320823556
>>
>>320823652

Always made sure i had a sorcerer that used that beautiful fuckin tornado.

Holy shit though, when your sorcerers turn on you...

Prepare your anus
>>
>>320821881

I went from Strider to Warrior, then on new game plus at about level 70 to Sorcerer. I could still beast Grigori on Hard after levelling a bit.
>>
File: ffd.png (18 KB, 701x587) Image search: [Google]
ffd.png
18 KB, 701x587
>>320823808

>sorcerer casts tornado in cave

That's alright I didn't want to see anyway
>>
>>320823808
>Those fucking lich mage bosses in the mid-game that can cast Maelstrom on you
That made me fucking jump. It also wrecked my shit. The damage it does is ridiculous, I had to beat them before they cast it.
>>
>>320822225

I felt as you did. Then I switched to Sorcerer.

>holy shit I can summon fucking meteors
>and fire ice beams
>and fucking tornadoes
>>
>>320823972

Holy shit that one was brutal. Had to spam his face with mighty rend to keep him from wrecking my shit.
>>
File: Image1.png (16 KB, 907x237) Image search: [Google]
Image1.png
16 KB, 907x237
I really hope it would be easy to put jp voices back. For PS3 they all look like pic related, simply separate files for japanese and english voices.
>>
File: 1447934145610.png (187 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1447934145610.png
187 KB, 400x750
Ranger #1

>tfw sixfold arrow
>tfw tenfold flurry
>>
was about to make a thread but saw this one.
I bought this game about a year ago but only got to fuck around with it up until some witch in the woods and don't feel like I really got to experience the game for what it is. I want to go back to it but I have a few questions:

a) what classes/hyrbids are the most fun? the most boring?
b) better to level a class fully then onto the next or just mix and match? ( I dont fully understand the leveling system)
c) whats a good setting for a pawn? I remember their being your typical ones like aggressive/defensive etc.

and finally d) how much does dark arisen change? is it the essential version or just additional content?
>>
File: pawn with utilitarian.jpg (32 KB, 307x340) Image search: [Google]
pawn with utilitarian.jpg
32 KB, 307x340
>>320824767
>a) what classes/hyrbids are the most fun? the most boring?
The question no one can really answer because they are all great, except mage, and you have to find out for yourself. It's subjective.

I like the yellow vocations and warrior the most.

>b) better to level a class fully then onto the next or just mix and match? ( I dont fully understand the leveling system)
The first. Some classes have great passive skills that you only get at their higher levels.

>c) whats a good setting for a pawn? I remember their being your typical ones like aggressive/defensive etc.
Depends. Scather is great for fighter, warrior, strider, because they will go head-long in the fight, but please refrain from using it for sorcerers, mages and rangers. Can still work, but those vocations work better if they have some distance to the enemy. Mitigator and challenger make them do that. Utilitarian is good for the simple reason that it doesn't fuck so much with the pawns AI and it gets better the more knowledgable the pawn is. Avoid guardian and nexus, if you don't know exactly how they work.
>>
>>320824767

The one you enjoy playing/the one you don't enjoy playing

>b) better to level a class fully then onto the next or just mix and match?

Whatever you want. As you play a vocation, your rank in that vocation will increase and you unlock more abilities for that vocation. Some of them are shared between different vocations

>c) whats a good setting for a pawn?

If you want them to attack enemies, mitigator and scather probably. A lot of people have it at guardian which just makes them stick to your guy instead of actually doing stuff

>d) how much does dark arisen change? is it the essential version or just additional content?

It's the same game but with more stuff. It adds a new area with new enemies and loot, it's a pretty lengthy and tough dungeon crawl. Also more teleport stones
>>
>>320824767
Fun is subjective. All depends on what playstyle you enjoy.
Same goes for changing class. It all depends because there are many reasons to change class: maybe you want to grab some aguments from it and use it in another; maybe you are into min-maxing and want the stat boost; just wanna change the playstyle; or, just for the sake of testing it for a while. All are valids, you won't fuck up.
Again, setting your pawn will depend on your playstyle. Example, if you go agressive, maybe you want a defensive pawn to stay in the back and just heal you. Or you went sorcerer and want your pawn to be your meatshield, go agressive, etc.

So and all, just do stuff you consider fun man. There's no right or wrong here. Don't be afraid to try and play with what they gave you in the package, it's all valid.
>>
>>320824767
Depends on how you want to play, but pretty much everything is good apart from Mage. Mage is a support class for pawns or a starting class if you're going full Magic for a different class e.g. Sorceror, otherwise don't bother.
All bow classes are good fun for going fast, Warrior is good for smashing things, Sorc is good for massive spells and the hybrids are good for versatility.
>b) better to level a class fully then onto the next or just mix and match? ( I dont fully understand the leveling system)
You can switch on the fly as much as you like without it being too much of a problem. Just bear in mind that spending a long time on pure Strength classes and then switching to pure Magic classes (or vice versa) can severely hamper your performance, at least temporarily.
>c) whats a good setting for a pawn? I remember their being your typical ones like aggressive/defensive etc.
Defensive for healers and maybe if you want Fighter pawns to tank, offensive for anything else.
>and finally d) how much does dark arisen change? is it the essential version or just additional content?
More warpstones (thank fucking god) and Bitterblack Isle. I won't spoil that one. There's also smaller stuff like optional Japanese voice acting, if you like that sort of thing.
>>
File: 1367202008979.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1367202008979.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>320824673
>tfw ten fold flurry with blast arrows...
>>
So guys, whats the best pawn setup?
My first playthrough was
>Me: Strider/Magick Archer
>Main Pawn: Fighter
>Other pawns: Mage and Warrior

This time I'm playing as a Warrior and I don't know what my main pawn and two other pawns should be.
>>
File: community_image_1421451391.gif (959 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1421451391.gif
959 KB, 500x281
>>320826165
IIRC my party was like:
>me: magick archer
>main pawn: fighter
>others: mage and ranger

>mfw 4 sorcerers
>>
>>320826165
Warrior as well.
>>
>>320826165

Dunno. I was a yellow class and my pawn was a bighuge warrior. Worked well enough, though apparently warrior is supposed to be useless
>>
>>320826165
Well make sure you have at least one mage/sorceror and preferably someone who can throw you or a bow class.
>>
>>320825423
with the issue of switching from strength to magic later on, is that just due to passive damage buffs that you have leveled up and when you make the switch to mage since its not leveled the damage doesn't match the area of the game you are in?
>>
>>320824767

Make sure you balance your team brah.

By that, i mean always make sure you have aomeone that can do physical damage at a distance (strider/archer)

Iron Golems have their weakspots hidden around the area theyre in in the form of medallions, and theres always one in a high, hard to reach place. These medalions are highly resistant to magic and itll take forever to destroy them with it.
>>
>>320826425

Yeah basically. Wizard gets very little HP and strength, and fighter gets little magic
>>
>>320826338
Warrior pawns work perfectly fine as meat-shields and pack-mules, but have the same problems like arisen warriors without the advantage of being controlled by a human.
>>
File: lJ3GYpA.gif (86 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
lJ3GYpA.gif
86 KB, 400x400
>charging the same sorc spell near your casting pawns reduces casting time
>>
>>320826294
>>320826296
>>320826338
>>320826410
I'm thinking I'll set my main to a Strider/Ranger then pick up a mage and a sorcerer.
>>
>>320826425
More or less. The two primary damage stats are Strength and Magic, and trying to play as a Sorceror after 20 or 30 levels of pure Strength classes will put you at odds because no amount of good equipment will be able to compensate for a Magic stat that simply never leveled. Same for the reverse.
Bow classes are still Strength-based by the way. The only exception to this is the Magick Archer, which does magic damage with their regular bow attacks and strength damage with their regular knife attacks.
>>
>>320826635

My warrior was gimmicky anyway, he was wearing that bull helmet and had that skill where he just runs into enemies
>>
>>320826425

Not gonna lie, it makes a notable difference to lvl up mainly as a warrior based vocation then switch to magic, or vice-versa.

When youre fighting the tougher monsters, youll notice the difference.

Thing is, the majority of your attack damage comes from your weapons. A solid staff should keep your former warrior good enough to wreck shit, especially with the tonic/ potions you get throughout.
>>
well thanks for all the replies everyone, looking forward to giving it another shot. From how you guys make it sound unless I'm an idiot who's never played an RPG i can't go too wrong and I just need to have fun with it. I'm too used to games where figuring shit out yourself pretty much means your first two playthroughs will be shit and I don't have time to just waste like that not having fun
>>
>>320826338
Warrior is the most fun though. Getting to smash stuff with pure strength and big slabs of iron is cool
>>
Since this game gets shilled to kingdom come let me tell you the shit side of the game.

- Dozens of Escort NPC Quests which take forever just to fail at the last possible moment.
- Quests in general suck ass.
- Story is pretty boring.
- Progression is absolute garbage. By level 40 you own everything on the visible map. Late Game is just cheap mechanics like ungodly amounts of HP, one hit kills, resistances and immunities.
- Mage is unfun the class
- Warrior is obsolete late game thanks to said resistances and immunities.
>>
>>320826826
The only way it can go to shit is fucking up your love interest. That's legitimately hard to work out properly first time through, and there are some characters you can completely miss.
I'd look that shit up in advance if I were you, assuming you care about that sort of thing.
>>
>>320826923

It's not like the love interest matters, they just mope around in your house
>>
>>320826829

Magick archer in bitterblack.

Not only are a crap ton of monsters weak against electricity, the narrow corridors are perfect for the bouncing arrow attack.

Launched dozens on an elder ogres face and made the framerate crawl to below 10 fps.

Shit was so cash
>>
People really took those classes choices seriously?
My pawn was just a representation of an idea for roleplay reasons. A warrior bro, a senile wizard, little sister, that sort of stuff. It's really not much of a deal.
>>
>>320826923
love interest doesn't bother me so much unless theirs equipment tied to the quest
>>
>>320823556
It's a shame that warrior is easily the most boring class. I expected much more from it.
>>
>>320827175
It may be shocking to you, but different people have different understandings of fun.
>>
>>320827401
I'm not arguing that. Just that you really don't have to concern so much with it, everything is fair game. Not many games will give you that much freedom, so don't waste it by taking it too seriously like the other anon that just paralyzed himself because he thought he fucked up with his choices. Have fun, whatever it may be to you.
>>
File: mion.jpg (45 KB, 620x326) Image search: [Google]
mion.jpg
45 KB, 620x326
>no option to load last save
>have to return to title screen and load all the way back into the game
This is one of my main gripes with the game.

>want Judgement from chest near pawn guild
>have to exit to the title screen 5 times before I get it
>>
Can you play it on hard on NG+ or should you just always keep it on normal?
>>
>>320826165
Loli wizard (my schierke)
Russian lady muscly knight (I called her helga)
Bald muscle mage with a mostacho
Guts

I stick with them for the whole game. Their owners were some dudes from the general. It's nice to see well trained pawns.
>>
>>320827859

I think you can start NG+ in hard mode. You can still switch to normal though when you die
>>
>>320827859
Keep hardmode for later.
>>
>>320827854
I just killed myself when that happened, it's faster than quiting to the main menu and reloading. So long as there's a death drop nearby, anyway.
>>
File: ohyou.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>
File: 2455463242.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2455463242.jpg
352 KB, 1600x1200
>go on massive adventure
>come back
>overleveling the hired pawns
>send them back
>you forgot to take the items they picked up/you stored on them
>>
>>320829262
i thought they automatically store
>>
>>320829359
Do they? I just assumed they stole them. I remember losing a bunch of lanterns giving them to peoples pawns.
>>
>>320829262
>>320829359
The items will be magically teleported to your deposit.
>>
>>320828367
PC gets hotkeys so this will never happen again.
>>
Whats so unusual about "Unusual Beach"?
>>
>mfw already pre-ordered

If my GAYMUR shittop can't run it decently then I guess it's time to fork out for a real PC.
>>
>>320828149
>try to kill self
>left with a small bit of health left
>Rook heals me while I climb up
>Have to jump off 3 times to actually die.
t-thanks Rook
>>
>>320829858
that npcs want to go there all the fucking time with escorts, but not on the way back.
>>
File: 1448323724766.jpg (128 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448323724766.jpg
128 KB, 600x600
>harpy grabs me
>drops me from a height
>pawn catches me
>>
File: 1444498067093.gif (303 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1444498067093.gif
303 KB, 480x360
Fantastic game?

No

Good game?

Fuck yes, I'm hype as fuck about this steam release man. Hopefully it's not a buggy pile of shit. Playing this at 60fps is gonna feel great. The console version was awful in that regard.
>>
File: avatar_0ba78ec95473_512.png (141 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
141 KB, 512x512
>spent entire first playthrough thinking you couldn't use your lantern when you're wet
>tfw equipping it when wet works
>unequipping and reequipping works
You guys had moments like this too? Right?
>>
>>320821590
>>320821662
Too be fair it sold badly in the west, Capcom barely advertised it
>>
>>320822742

>some 1A weeb telling people they don't understand Japanese

lol
>>
>>320821795
English is the original
>>
>>320831385
My biggest retard moment was probably a pretty common one, wasting half an hour to kill those super-strong bandits near Cassardis before getting one-shot. I suppose I was thinking it was like Souls too much.
>>
>>320831198
No fucking way.
>>
>>320831319
Honestly, the PC improvements are taking care of nearly every issue I had with the game. Stable 60fps, improved textures, comes with the infinite ferrystone so fast traveling is easier, and most of all hotkeys for items means no more having to pause combat to use restoratives which is a fucking huge change. Fights will be so much more fun just because of that. Hell I'll actually play an assassin/strider now that I won't have to pause while climbing monsters just to keep my stamina up.
>>
>>320820929
HATE FIRE
>>
File: 1440206560953.jpg (60 KB, 567x642) Image search: [Google]
1440206560953.jpg
60 KB, 567x642
>name your character
>the exact same monkier name is available
>>
>>320831601
And? Some people just like the Japanese VAs. I like to switch back and forth.
>>
>>320824624
hopefully someone will put the files on MEGA come release day so we can see if we can just re paste them over the english in the game files
>>
>Dragon's Dogma comes in January
>Street Fighter 5 comes in February
>Hitman comes in March
>Dark Souls 3 comes in April

I'm so glad I'm gonna have one good game to play per month for the first 4 months of 2016. Well, technically, I'll be playing SF5 for a good few years until I can get good enough so that I don't get wiped out in pools in tournaments, but still. I think y'all get my point.
>>
>>320831198
>fighting griffin
>he's flying
>pawn makes a poise
>pushes me into the air and i grab the griffin
That only happened to me once but goddamn that was awesome.
>>
File: 1381320478563.png (6 KB, 101x100) Image search: [Google]
1381320478563.png
6 KB, 101x100
>>320826907
> - Dozens of Escort NPC Quests which take forever just to fail at the last possible moment.

Git gud

> - Quests in general suck ass.

Opinion, disregarded.

> - Story is pretty boring.

Opinion. Disregarded. (also finish the game next time)

> - Progression is absolute garbage. By level 40 you own everything on the visible map. Late Game is just cheap mechanics like ungodly amounts of HP, one hit kills, resistances and immunities.

g i t g u d

> - Mage is unfun the class

Opinion. Seriously the spell cast time isn't that bad git gud

> - Warrior is obsolete late game thanks to said resistances and immunities.

pic related.
>>
>>320832320
That's a lot of git gud.

Can I borrow some?
>>
>>320832320
You are not helping your cause here.
He is absolutely right regarding quests, they are bland and boring, the scort ones are shit regardless of you being good or not, scort quests are and will always be a piece of shit.
And the story is awful too, it doesn't pick up until the end, and even then it's not that great. Until you face Gregory, you are nothing but a miserable fetch boy for the duke.
>>
File: 1e8457117c3ae03ec474a640c71ebcdc.png (549 KB, 1004x1509) Image search: [Google]
1e8457117c3ae03ec474a640c71ebcdc.png
549 KB, 1004x1509
>>320821795
I'm a rabid weeaboo that refuses to touch anything dubbed, and I don't really consider having no JP VAs a loss. The original game was voiced in English, even in Japan, and on top of that the Japanese dub was really low budget because it was nothing but an afterthought. You're really not missing out on anything, most of the lines weren't even subbed either or said something completely different because they were based off of the English dialogue.

The Berserk gear was shit and ugly too, especially the white falcon set, I'm glad that I won't be seeing a million Guts pawns walking around anymore.
>>
>>320832320
mage does suck tho
you ever tried it in hard mode? almost unplayable because of how unbearable it is
>>
File: Post Game Gran Soren.jpg (304 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Post Game Gran Soren.jpg
304 KB, 1800x1200
>both ps3 and x360 voice files are compressed as fuck and I can't find a way to convert or unpack them
>I can't even find a way to unpack the DD:O benchmark voice files, which is presumably using the same engine as the upcoming PC version
I'm so fucking disheartened anons, I tried my best
>>
>>320832565
Being a weebfag do you think you can help me out?
I've got the original DD on my PS3 (no Dark Arisen) and I'd like to enable jap voices, how can I go about that? I only got a single disc.
>>
>>320833002
Only DA has the Jap voices.
>>
SLAVE TO A BROKEN ORDER
>>
>>320833002
You can't. Nip voices were only added in Dark Arisen.
>>
>>320833079
Well fuck, looks like I suffer then.
Thanks anyways weeb anon.
>>
>>320832992
>unpack/convert compressed audio
that's not how it works anon
>>
>>320830127
>>320828149
>didn't get the dagger
>>
>>320833185
I got every weapon type I wanted. I think the only ones I didn't bother scumming for were Staves and Archstaves.
>>
A DURAGON!
>>
>>320833183
Yes, there are a lot of .at3 files inside .bin files according to the hex editor in the PS3 version, and a fuckhuge .dlcp with every .xma in the 360 JP voice dlc.
I can't for the life of me get them out those files
>>
File: mushroom mushroom.jpg (329 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
mushroom mushroom.jpg
329 KB, 1280x1024
>get refurbished PS3
>get DD
>learn that it's coming to PC
>PC probably doesn't have that awful forced letterbox view

fuuuuuck
>>
>I'm coming Master, be strong!
d-doushio
>>
File: Gehb.jpg (44 KB, 530x341) Image search: [Google]
Gehb.jpg
44 KB, 530x341
>>320833443
Same exact shit for me with Valkyria chronicles
>>
>>320833565
>ANY THAT WOULD TARGET THE ARISEN ARE MINE
loli MC with a huge aniki pawn is the only way to play
>>
>>320833762
You know what, I think I'm gonna do that for my next one

Loli Mystic Knight Arisen
Beefcake McSlabiron Strider
>>
File: 1449136520815.gif (797 KB, 583x328) Image search: [Google]
1449136520815.gif
797 KB, 583x328
BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET DRENCHED IN WATER
>2 seconds later
SOAKED TO THE BONE

fucking love pawns
>>
>>320826165
my first playthrough was fighter arisen with a fighter main pawn, and I would always hire a ranger and a mage

this time I'll play a sorc with a mage pawn, and I'll hire only reds
>>
>>320833834
huge strider pawns look kinda silly when they're climbing on shit that's smaller than they are
I suggest a fighter, they're ridiculously good at parrying if you show them a few times
>>
>>320834015
>look silly
But that's the point
My Shrek mage Do not steal got tons of RC
>>
I heard Pawn learns from you.

Would it become pain in the ass if I play different classes than the Pawn?
>>
>>320834150
as long as their inclinations are fine they'll still work, but they won't be as good as they could be
>>
how's the mouse + keyboard controls
can't use my ps3 controller because the nearby tech shop doesn't have any bluetooth dongles
>>
>third playthrough
>completely new
>fighting wyvern
>if it gets too far into the encampment Mercedes gives you an explosive barrel to use
Looks like you learn something every day
>>
>>320834373
You mean Hydra?
>>
>>320833762
>Aniki
>Not huge Amazonian nee-chan
It's like you want to be gay
>>
>>320834406
Yeah yeah, whatever.
>>
>>320834497
how the fuck do you even confuse that with wyvern
>>
>>320834150

It shouldn't matter, it just gives you a bonus if you and your pawn are the same class as they'll pick up any tricks they deem effective. It's also there as a method of you teaching your pawn specific behaviour if you want to go out of your way to do so, pawns will copy your actions and if it's successful they'll store the sequence of actions to memory and then replicate them again in fights.

Though there are some general things such as using items/climbing on monsters that are universal. Use a thrown item all the time and your pawns will copy you, and since they have better aim than you it can be worthwhile to train them for a bit. If you want your pawn to use Tenfold Flurry you have to walk around and use literally nothing but that ability on mobs until they start copying you.

As a general rule if you have a Sorcerer/Mage pawn you should refrain from climbing on monsters until they've been knocked down because you don't want your spell casters picking up the "immediately scale the cyclops first" mentality, it's better to keep them in the mindset of not diving in instantly so they'll instead resort to a more useful action.

Outside of that just refrain from using pawn commands as they will influence pawn behaviour and you just want to let them do their own thing most of the time. Inclinations will also force them to do certain things in certain situations (i.e. Medicant mages will prioritise healing even if you didn't teach them to).

Also never use Reset Elixirs as they'll delete all the cool specific tricks your pawn learn.
>>
>>320834316
You don't have a usb cable?
Anyways, keyboard is superior because of hotbar for consumables
>>
>>320834658
I don't know desu. I just typed it out without thinking I guess.
>>
File: 1448166179575.webm (802 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1448166179575.webm
802 KB, 1280x720
We're gonna need some brand new ''Dark'' Arisen webm when the game comes out.
>>
>>320833443
>PC probably doesn't have that awful forced letterbox view
It doesn't
>>
>Trying to farm Hydra in the Rotundra to max out the Captain's Armor set

I just like the way it looks.
>>
>>320834982
just dragonforge it
>>
/r/ing gifs/webms of the brine
>>
>>320834982
Such is the burden of all Fashion's Dogma player.
>>
File: 1438023050235.webm (2 MB, 1280x622) Image search: [Google]
1438023050235.webm
2 MB, 1280x622
>>320834817
Posting the rest of what I got.
>>
>>320835109

Do people even look at armor stats in Dogma? The only thing matters is resistances and those don't matter until Bitterblack.
>>
>>320835030
Well with the Rotundra, things spawn randomly, so I'll just end up doing whichever comes first, which I suppose is nice.

>>320835109
Defense is fairly important, but I do like that it's easy to roll with whatever look you want
I just wish the armor had better stats

>>320835097
I wish you could fight that thing somehow.
>>
File: 1437093766766.png (525 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
1437093766766.png
525 KB, 1024x426
>>320831385
What threw me off a lot was realizing Pawn take after your behavior, the easiest example being when they learn how remove wet lanterns then re-equip them.

Pawn behavior mystifies me at times though.
>About to start the final chambers of Bitterblack 2.0
>Made my pawn Sorcerer with a few elemental enchants and High Seism
>Pawn doesn't use High Seism once
>Forgot he even had the move
>Ran out of wakestones on Awakened Daimon more times than I can count
>Leave travel Gran Soren and Everfall for a while doing quests and fighting lesser dragons
>Pawn still hasn't used High Seism
>Return to Bitterblack a 3/4 levels higher and a cache of wakestone
>Pawn suddenly remembers it can do High Seism which in turns causes me to remember I gave him the skill to begin with
>Uses it on everything that moves including Awakened Daimon
>Watched as its health bar melted away in an instant

Didn't help that I never learned that Pawns learn better from you when you two are the same class. Though I hate being anything pure magic based to begin with so if they could learn hybrid vocations, I'd gladly teach it the ways of Magick Archer or Mystick Knight.
>>
>>320835097
>>320835247
can you even see the brine in the game?
>>
>>320835247
>optional brine boss
>kill it with the power of plot
>you can't drown riftsluts anymore
why
>>
>>320835243
Personally I don't, i just try to have some good status resistance, even then I don't really care.
>>
I feel like i would enjoy Magick Archer with daggers the most, is it fun?
>>
>>320835423
If you like bullying, maybe
MA is the most OP overall
>>
File: 1447599548877.webm (2 MB, 1280x618) Image search: [Google]
1447599548877.webm
2 MB, 1280x618
>>320835169
>>
File: 1425642257293.jpg (78 KB, 449x642) Image search: [Google]
1425642257293.jpg
78 KB, 449x642
>>320835423
It's fun, but the game loses all sense of challenge if you play Magick Archer.
>>
post all your xbox/ps3 pics and webms

they wont ever be posed again soon !
>>
>>320835423
sure but you play MA for the magic bow, not the daggers
>>
>>320835356
Nope, just the mist stuff.

>>320835368
You'll just have to step your weight up whodi.
>>
File: 1396213079954.png (1 KB, 305x317) Image search: [Google]
1396213079954.png
1 KB, 305x317
>>320835498
>>
>>320835334
Did you ever play as a sorcerer to teach your pawn proper combat tactics? If you spam High Seism in every fight your pawn will soon learn to do the same.
>>
>>320835504
Fuck, you are right.
>>
File: 1398308224498.gif (476 KB, 1433x1012) Image search: [Google]
1398308224498.gif
476 KB, 1433x1012
>>320835356
>>320835247

On Bitterblack Isle one can actually walk under water defeating the Brine.

Steps:

Unequip any weapon for ease.
Walk to the end of the dock.
Jump towards the boat and as soon as you're about to grab on to the boat do a Light Attack.
You should now fall through the boat into the water without triggering the Brine.
>>
>>320835695
What happens then?
>>
>>320835505
>>320835501
>>320835484
Going assassin is a better choice for daggers then?
>>
>>320835762
strider is the best dagger class, assassin second best
>>
>>320835759
prolly can just derp around in the water without getting messed with
>>
Anyone has that image of a goblin arisen?
>>
File: higurashi.jpg (29 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
higurashi.jpg
29 KB, 704x396
>let's recruit a fighter pawn!
>they all look like shitty dykes
>>
>>320835803
I was under the impression that The advanced/hybrid vocations are just upgrades compared to the basic ones?
>>
>>320835504
;_;7
>>
>>320835607
As previously stated, I hate being anything purely magic based. I never even unlocked the Mage vocation. I was a sorcerer for a very brief period, so I could grind it and unlock its rank 9 skill that shortens casting times so I could use it with Mystick Knight or Magick Archer. Other than that I either hired magic pawns or if I wanted specific skills for whatever I'm doing, gave the job to my pawn.
>>
>>320835334
When i think about it, i seriously believes the pawns is the best AI companion i ever experienced in a videogame.

Think about it, they are completely on their own. You don't issue a single complex order to them and yet they do some very complex interactions sometimes. I can't remember another RPG where i can just leave a companion with an AI and not bother commanding it.
>>
>>320835990
Fuck no.
>>
File: 1442966643904.jpg (37 KB, 408x512) Image search: [Google]
1442966643904.jpg
37 KB, 408x512
>>320835978
>My Warrior pawn has the Queen's outfit on

>>320835867
I wonder if you could get out?
>>
>>320835978
This definitely was one of the big problem on 360, next to guardians everywhere.
>>
>>320835990
absolutely not, they're just different
hell, warrior is considered pretty weak while fighter is extremely solid

hybrid vocations tend to be stronger than the others, but that doesn't mean they're not outclassed in some aspects
>>
>there will be mods to make the pawns shut up
>peace and quiet at last
>I wont be able to bring myself to do it

it just wouldnt be the same
>>
>>320821446
Theyre master works all, you can't go wrong.
>>
>>320835978
I dont know about you guys but every pawn i see in the rift is literally npc tier, it doesnt help that they're all in silk lingerie either. Hard to find something that isnt uggo as fuck
>>
>>320836139
>there will be mods to make the pawns shut up
No need for mods, it's already a feature in the PC version.
>>
>>320835504
i dont even remember when/why i took these pics and why i have so many
>>
>>320836139
I thought you could already do that.

Anyway, I wouldn't be able to either. They're too darned precious to shut up.
>>
>>320836097
Thats cute, I'd recruit her anon.

>>320836098
>Guardians everywhere
?

>>320836153
Nah, you just seem unlucky, the majority of pawns I see are qts. I don't know about males though as I only enlist girls.
>>
Alright which of you fags just friended me on PS3 by the name of gamerrafiek?
>>
>>320827270
But Anon, if the most boring class in DD is better than every other RPG what does that say about how good the rest of the classes are?
>>
File: what am I doing.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
what am I doing.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>320835504
>>
File: 1414914674661.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1414914674661.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>320835504
not my pic, but it's my pawn
i wish i was this good at pawntography
>>
>>320835504
>>
>>320835504
I'm convinced that Dragon's Dogma screenshot functional was a good push for sony to put in the Share button
>>
File: 1415775528225.jpg (31 KB, 384x383) Image search: [Google]
1415775528225.jpg
31 KB, 384x383
You can make non-loli arisens, but people might call you a fag.

You have to at least make one loli pawn, though. And give her good inclinations. So I can hire her. And send her back with slut clothes and rift crystals.
>>
>>320823556

What do people see in Skyrim?
>>
is assassin still the best for fighting online ur dragon?
>>
HEY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON IN THIS THREAD
>>
>>320836680
Jokes on you, my entire party will be pure shotas
>>
>>320836752
ranger
>>
File: Wolves....jpg (360 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wolves....jpg
360 KB, 950x1200
>>320821742
>>
>>320836680
you don't even need to ask, the rift will be nothing but lolis and amazons

guardian / scather lolis and amazons
>>
File: _20151220_090307.jpg (2 MB, 2952x4013) Image search: [Google]
_20151220_090307.jpg
2 MB, 2952x4013
>>320836354
A lazy picture.

Keep in mind that she's slightly retarded because I trained her like shit, but she's my slight retard dammit.

4/5 stars in the rating categories so that's neat.
>>
>>320836890
blast arrows the fuck outta him?
>>
>>320836983
>guardian/scather
guardian/acquisitor*
maybe guardian/utilitarian
>>
>>320837080
of course
>>
>>320837043
i never knew there was a penis tattoo
>>
>>320836680
Sorry, but unless you like women taller and buffer than you, not happening.
>>
>>320829526

That's a bit different. Any items that you equip on a pawn will be transferred to them, and can't be taken back. Since lanterns are an equipped item, if you send them back, then it will go back with them.

Any consumable/crafting/etc. other items will be sent back to your bank when you release the pawns.
>>
>>320837294
I never saw that until you said it.

I wanted to use different gear, but the Queen set has damn good defense for some reason. So she uses that.
>>
>>320836983
Can't go wrong with amazons.
>>
>>320836638
i couldn't find out how to screenshot on xbox360

so thanks !
>>
>>320829858

Best place in the game to get giant fish. I always set one of my port crystals there. Giant fish + the pickled mushrooms (pretty sure) that the grocery vendor lady in Cassardis sells makes liquid vim.

Also handy for all of the escort quests, and the chests and gold drops are good for early game dosh. Also a good spot for the drake post game that replaces the twin cyclops/goblins. And its a pretty quick run to the healing spring with the goblins, so you don't have to set a portcrystal just for the spring.
>>
>>320826907

Most of your stuff is pretty stupid, but one thing in particular stands out because I see it brought up so much.

- Mage is unfun the class

Why do so many people think this? It's a more mobile sorcerer. Sure, you don't get the huge "fuck you" spells, but you can actually get more than two of them off in a fight. That fire wall spell hurts like a bitch, blind and silence are super useful, and you get some really useful support shit.

The most effective thing you can do with a staff is holy enchanted focus bolts anyway You can full on sprint while charging the focus bolt, leap into the air and fire it off mid jump, and kill whatever the fuck just happens to be closest to you. Or you can pack a rusted staff to blind, slow and poison shit all at once, jack up your teams defense, set everyone on fire, and still do pretty decent damage with focus bolts afterwards.

I'm pretty convinced no one actually bothered to get used to it and just leveled for the augments, if they didn't skip it entirely for sorcerer.
>>
>>320837705
The problem with mage is that you are a sorcerer without the cool spells
Fighter and Warrior, Strider and Ranger are different enough. But Mage and Sorcerer aren't
>>
So I read about the item shortcuts in the PC version - do we know if they will work for weapon swapping? Either way, I'm totally torn now. I could level as a strider/ranger and actually bother to use special arrows now, but I still want to try and train a super useful support mage. If weapon swapping works, though, I'm totally going assassin or one of the other hybrids.

>>320838040

You have 6 skills, they don't ALL have to do damage. Mage gets some pretty helpful shit.
>>
>>320831198
>Soulflayer canyon
>The bridge is out
>Jump and grab onto a harpy
>Gives you JUST enough control
>Cross bridge, save 10 minutes
>>
>bandits have cool looking weapons and armour
>they don't drop any of it
Why do they do this.
>>
>>320838404
Such as? It's true that I played 2 years ago, but I don't remember it being that distinct
>>
>>320837705
because sorcerer can also do all that just better because more mAttack on level up and Archistaff providing more mAttack than mage staffs.
the only useful thing mage can do which sorcerer cant is spam Anodyne.
Mage is a heal bot, buff bitch or whatever you call it.
>>
Are we gonna get anything exclusive to the PC version or not? I'm not shelling out money if they're just releasing without anything extra to make it worthwhile.
>>
>>320839118
>60fps
>better quality textures
>better quality shadows
>chance of modding
There might be some sort of extra armour set as well.
>>
>>320839118

Better performance and a few new options like disabling pawn chatter, but otherwise it's exactly the same as Dark Arisen.
>>
>>320821881
tfw going sorcerer for 200lvls and then switching to magick archer.
>>
>fighting Wyrm/Lich combo in Rotundra
>normally never a problem
>Lich flies out of reach
>Casts Maelstrom
>20 seconds of juggling before I have permission to die
>>
I always loved the little details in DD, webm related (spoils what happens when you forge a ferrystone in case you want to just go try it yourself instead).

Looking forward to sinking another few hundred hours into it.
>>
File: 1448887376244.jpg (37 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
1448887376244.jpg
37 KB, 250x298
>>320840897
Don't think I don't see that nipple fag
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.