[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss what we want to see in Smash 5. HARD MODE: No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 35
File: smash 5 roster.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
smash 5 roster.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
ITT: We discuss what we want to see in Smash 5.

HARD MODE: No rosterfagging.
>>
>>320817592
>all of those third parties
>not one fourth party
5mash is probably coming out the same time as Wreck It Ralph 2 (2019-2020) so why not Break it Bob?
>>
>>320817592
For every character to have as much moveset variety and depth as Ryu, Bayonetta, and to a lesser extent, Little Mac.
>>
File: 2809631-gex.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2809631-gex.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>
Melee gameplay with Project M ledge mechanics.
a good online mode.

and that's pretty much a perfect smash game desu
>>
File: kirbymetaknight.png (181 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
kirbymetaknight.png
181 KB, 800x600
Smash Run wish options.
Something that should already exist.
Things like an option to all play on the same field, choosing the type of challenge will appear at the end, how long the challenges last etc.

Pretty much all shit that already existed in Kirby Air Ride City Trial, the thing the mode is heavily inspired by. I'm honestly pretty pissed this wasn't part of the DLC for the 3DS one.
>>
Custom moves fully integrated into the game, instead of pulling out half way through the way they did.

Balance them properly, have them available on all characters, in all modes including online. Also don't half ass it with lame slight variation attacks. Give us new shit like Palutena and Megaman.
>>
Fucking around with Duck Hunt's projectiles makes me really wish everyone had their own unique break the targets again.
>>
Alternate forms for some (or all?) characters.
Something like Zelda/Shiek, that changes the moveset a lot.
>>
Bring back story mode
Remove ledge trumping
Allow certain tilts and aerials to cancel into specials
Tilt variety such as Ryu where you can get different attacks depending on tapping or holding
Give every character at least one throw that is able to be combo'd from
Remove rage
Make final smashes something you accumulate over time like a meter rather than a smash ball that can be turned off.
Bring back the OPTION to wavedash and moonwalk

Don't bring back L-canceling but further reduce landing lag for most aerials
>>
>>320818610
Kirby desperately needs an alternate form or something.
He has so many moves and attacks to choose from in his series, and he's been stuck with the same tiny pool of moves for every game now.
>>
>>320817592
Momentum.
PLEASE. I want to be able to go farther than a foot away off stage.
>>
>>320818745
What exactly do you mean?
>>
MAKE A SMASH BROS FIGHT STICK
I'M GETTING CRAMPS USING CLAW GRIP
>>
Something like the item switch, but specifically for assist trophys.
Perhaps Pokeballs too.
>>
>>320817592
Sub space emisary, i liked that shit.
>>
>>320818517
>Break Target Challenges
Those and the other challenges are what it took to prove yourself back in the day. That fucking 100 man one hit one kill challenge claimed a controller or two trying to beat it with every character (beating it with Jigglypuff, fuck god damnit).
>>
for shield to not be as fucking godlike as in sm4sh
>>
File: 1450505412053.jpg (176 KB, 1024x755) Image search: [Google]
1450505412053.jpg
176 KB, 1024x755
Is OP butthurt?
>>
>>320817592
Inkling and Banjo Kazooie.

Also, a new story mode. The cutscenes and fun stuff with Subspace in Brawl needs to be brought back.
>>
>>320819385
Goku should be replaced with Paper Mario
>>
>>320818610
I was thinking about this for Robin.
Since Chrom comes out for the FS, make Robin able to switch with Chrom (basing it on the "pair up" from Awakening).
>>
I personally think Sakurai should drop final smashes since they only ever appear in casual play and instead expand Cloud's mechanic of limit break to all characters. Cloud's limit break is the perfect blend of special and final smash, and can be used in tournament play.

Call it Smash Break or something. Just like Cloud, when Mario has dealt enough damage or had enough damage dealt to him, his Smash Break becomes fully charged. When your Smash Break is all the way, when you use a special, you perform the Break version of it. For example, it turns Mario's fireball into a very limited version of his twin fireball final smash.
>>
Reboot the franchise, redo all the character movesets, refresh the roster, and add new features and mechanics.

It's the best thing to do.

Have approx 25 characters on the next roster, all of them with completely redone movesets to fit the new mechanics added to the game.

New mechanics:

>grab parry, give players a chance to instantly break a grab if they press grab right at the first two frames of being grabbed.
>do away with Final Smashes, replace them with meter based ultimate moves
>specials are no longer limited to four, they vary to suit the character's playstyle
>Bubble Shield is replaced with high and low blocks that only block in the direction a player is facing. This gives more utility to characters with specials that block all sides, like Pit. It also adds more strategy to the game since blocking is no longer perfect, thus forcing players to play more offensively.
>specials are now mapped to the second analog, thus allowing for more inputs.
>all characters now have combo options like Bayonetta, as in, some moves have string follow ups, the moves that do, vary per character
>aerial smash attacks added
>all characters now have light and heavy moves like Ryu, light attacks combo very well into their more heavy variations
>air grabs added
>momentum added back in
>characters can now use BURSTs to break combos, they consume their Smash meter though
>high jumps added. Short hops mapped to x, normal jumps added to y, pressing both does a very quick high jump that's great for follow ups against high damage opponents, but it can only be done from the ground
>and Airdash-like feature is added for quick horizontal momentum. It replaces the old air dodge, making it more like Melee's air dodge. However, without diagonal movement. It comes at the cost of the second jump. It can go forwards or backwards if desired, and adds initial invincibility frames. It also doesn't go into recovery mode, however it can onlu be used once consecutively.
>>
>>320820698
No.
That is not Smash.
>>
>>320820731
Yes it is
>>
>>320820848
>combos
>heavy and light attacks
>more than 4 specials and standards
>meters
>high jumps
No it's not.
>>
>>320817592
Street Fighter 3 had these switches so you could change small details like whether or not air blocking was on, if you could chain attacks together, etc. Smash should have that.
Also instead of a stage "builder" we get a stage "editor". Where you take the Omega form of a stage and add platforms/adjust the base arena.
>>
>>320820975
>What is Ryu

Anyway, the OP asked what I would like to see, so your opinion is irrelevant anyway. I know it won't happen, but it's still something that would improve the game.

ITT, you see people asking tge rest of the cast have the complexity of Ryu and Bayonetta. Don't see the point in sperging out over "doy, it's not Smash" when it's just a wishlist. Calm down autismo, no one said it was gonna happen.
>>
>>320821242
Asking smash to become a proper "fighting game" goes against the whole idea though. Doing something like this would be much better in a capcom vs Nintendo or something. Changing the entire system of gameplay and mechanics would be suicide.

Asking for momentum or certain online capabilities or even a light and heavy tilt option is much different than scrap everything, make it street fighter with Nintendo characters.
>>
>>320821242
>I want smash to become a racing game. Why not? Wario has his bike.
See? This is you.
>>
>never ever
>>
>>320821607
I never said scrap anything. Hell, I'm not even saying add all of them. But at leasr having half of those features woyld greatly improve the game.

The air dash is a variation of Nelee's air dodge.

Grab parrys are something tge game desperately needs to destroy the dumbed down shield grab bs.

The shield itself needs an overhaul as well. Alright, keep it a shield, however, make it deteriorate aa fast as now, and make tge recharge 2, 3 times longer so players are forced to seek other defensive options and use it wisely. Personally, I would also make the shield easier to break from behind, and divide it still between high and low, adding crouching shield as well for mix ups, something the game desperately needs as well.

Meter based FS is something people have been begging for since they were announced, and you can see it in tge works with tge likes of Cloud and Mac.

Combo bursts are needed too, and would add a level of strategic depth between defense and offense. In fact, I'd probably expand this feature between three options, a burst mechanic to break combos, a Final Smash, super, and a super recovery move like with Cloud. A burst mechanic will especially be necessary if everyone can mow combo like Bayonetta.

Light and medium makes sense, and would ease in combos, plus it woukd help add diversity between high and low hits.

Finally, the high jump is something that's been a long time coming since follow ups at high damge are quite difficult, it's just one more movement option.

As for why a reboot, we have nearly 60 characters, with half tge roster poorly implemented. Plus, all the new characters shame most old characters with how unique they are.

A reboot not only gives the excuse to redo the movesets on the Old charactets (like Ganondorf), but it creates anticipation for people wanting to see so and so come back, and it frees up space for adding new faces.

Sorry, but Smash won't have 80 characters
>>
>>320823380
>I never said scrap anything.

>Reboot the franchise, redo all the character movesets, refresh the roster, and add new features and mechanics.
>>
>>320821242
A character explicitly made to play like a game that is a different genre
>>
File: 1448315221163.jpg (28 KB, 305x260) Image search: [Google]
1448315221163.jpg
28 KB, 305x260
>>320817592
>HARD MODE: No rosterfagging.
i want a game that doesn't look like a direct sequel to brawl containing exact same sounds and near exact same aesthetics, with shitty singleplayer modes hacked together just to make them different plastered over it
that wasn't so hard
>>
>>320823514
Not like Brawl didn't already do some of those things. Not that it was a good thing.
>>
I'd like Sakurai to use some KI: Uprising mechanics like defensive options becoming less effective the more you use it.
>>
>>320823514
Yeah, that's not scrapping any of the current mechanics, are you retarded?

You were complaining about my ideas doing away with the central core of Smash, but are now deflecting to the characters.

I'll tell you this now THAT will happen. The roster will undergo a reboot IF there is a Smash 5. There's just no way around it anymore.

My crazy fighting game mechanics, I doubt. But the next Smash will have 40 characters max.
>>
>>320820698
>Bubble Shield is replaced with high and low blocks that only block in the direction a player is facing
Wouldn't work with Smash's mechanics.
>>
>>320820975
>>combos
>>heavy and light attacks
>>more than 4 specials and standards
>>meters
All of those mechanics were added into Smash 4.
>>
>>320823898
You suggested they should do away with what they have now and rebuild it from scratch. You suggested they should do away with what makes Smash unique (the simplicity of the controls) and redo everything as if it was a traditional fighting game.
What's more, you literally want them to scrap 20 characters for the next game.

Also, you're the one who mentioned Ryu first, as if it justified making every character like him.
>>
>>320824043
Yes, as character unique gimmicks, not for the whole roster.
>>
>>320823943
It would work just fine. Explain.
>>
File: image.png (455 KB, 624x330) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455 KB, 624x330
>>Characters:
>Lucina now has a unique moveset
>Falco and Wolf now share a rail shooter Arwing/Wolfen FS like Snake and Zamus have
>Bowser, DK, and Diddy now have voices from their game series
>Mii Mage - New Mii character based around laying traps and stage control
>Custom Moves now purchasable from a seperate store, equipment is cut
>DLC chars are $4 a pack
>DLC alt costumes for everyone, 6 characters in a $3 pack each
>>Stages:
>Shitload of new stages
>Old Stages from every game in the series
>Melee's usual bunch (Temple, Onett, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Brinstar, Dream Land 64) not returning
>>Features/Modes:
>Arcade-styled Classic once again
>Adventure returns featuring character endings drawn by the respective series' artist (Think MvC3 Arcade)
>All Star Mode based on time characters were introduced, can now choose which time period to tackle with doors (ex: 07-12 first, 81-85 next, etc.)
>Trophy viewer cuts the bullshit NoA jokes and is a pure encyclopedia now
>Model Viewer added, can view character colors and animations
>Gallery Mode added, can check artwork of characters in Smash Bros, old Smash Bros artwork, old Smash Bros trailers and commercials, and trailers & clips of games each character was featured in
>Tournament Mode is back as an actual fucking Tournament Mode
>Smash is as is now (Regular, 8-Player, Special)
>Squad Smash: Make a squad of any number of characters and fight your opponent, each stock is one different character
>Events go back to Melee's list format
>Break the Targets, Home-Run Contest, and Multiple-Man Smash are back
>Smash Tour, Master Orders, and Crazy Orders are cut
>Dedicated Online Lobbies for For Fun, For Glory, Tournament Matches, and 2-Player Classic/Adventure/All-Star
>Special Movie: 2-hour long movie on behind the scenes documentary with the Smash Bros. dev team, interviews from other company developers and fans on Smash Bros., comes as a separate DVD with the game
>>
>>320824086
It is justified to give the older characters more tilts since Ryu proves it's possible. Bayo proves that giving specials variations is possible. Cloud and Little Mac prove that meter gain with Smash's mechanics is possible. Mega-Man proves that it's possible to give a character a ton of projectiles while still having simple inputs.
>>
>>320824086
The next game will scrap a good portion of the roster, expect it.
>>
>>320824330
not that anon, but i'll explain
you are forgetting this game is not only a 1 on 1 fighter
>>
>>320824301
I mean chain combos already exist such as many character's A string or Link's forward tilt, so why not give almost ever character some combos? Marth has had variety to his side B since melee so why not give some to other characters? It makes sense as an evolution of the gameplay instead of keeping everything stagnant.

>>320824330
Because there aren't high and low attacks in Smash nor should there be because it wouldn't fit.
>>
Also omega versions of stages shouldn't just be final destination, there should be some that have multiple platforms and some that have moving platforms.
>>
>>320824543
I don't see how that makes a difference.

>>320824571
But there are high and low attacks in Smash, are you retarded? The only difference is that the bubble shield blocks all.
>>
File: banjoforsmash.jpg (483 KB, 1177x1128) Image search: [Google]
banjoforsmash.jpg
483 KB, 1177x1128
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-microsoft-rare-sora-ltd-put-banjo-kazooie-in-super-smash-bros-for-3ds-and-wii-u-as-a-dlc-character
>>
>>320818626
>Make final smashes something you accumulate over time like a meter rather than a smash ball that can be turned off.
Kinda pointless if there's no other use for said meter, it'll just end up being a free kill
>>
>>320824743
They aren't considered "high/low" they're just considered attacks.

Besides, characters with swords would become broken.
>>
File: 5mash.png (3 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
5mash.png
3 MB, 1920x1200
Fixed it.
>>
>>320824404
it probably has to
there's almost 60 and they must take a lot of work to make each game. Most of the dev time goes to making characters instead of making the game itself not shit
>>
>>320824890
It's not free. Are Little Mac's KO punches free? Are Cloud's limit breaks free? If you miss, you miss. Only difference would be transformations and those aren't guaranteed kills either.
>>
>>320824890
Unless you tier down final Smashes to match the strength of Cloud's specials.

Literally, all the mechanics mentioned have already been done by the DLC characters.

In fact, you could give characters Four different final Smashes. Up B, super recovery. Down B, combo burst a la Guilty Gear, and the other two, flashy finishing moves with balanced damage and scaling.

Make it so that the mechanic is optional, and boom.
>>
>>320824743
simple - you want to make a shield that only blocks in the direction the player is facing. in 1vs1 it works just fine for tourneyfags, because they love their games complex and lapped shit like l-cancel up.
but, the free-for-all environment is chock-full of situations where a player gets attacked by two or more foes from every direction. the bubble shield, which works as long as the hitbox overlaps it, is suited for such situation, because players' skill tends not to be high enough to just completely obliterate a person who got in such situation.
the fact that bubble shield works like that also makes it easier to comprehend, lowering the entry barrier - this is vital, because even if you are not from the crowd that uses the term "platform brawler" just to degrade it, you have to admit that smash is an accessible party game first and a fighting game second.
current system is pretty decent right now. also, when your shield is lower on hp, you have to tilt it anyway to make sure not to get shield stabbed
>>
>>320817592

Sakurai to take leave or a backseat position, and the development to be done by HAL.
>>
>>320824330
Not him, but in free for all mode, the main mode of smash, you can't simultaneously block everyone. If players are coming from the air, left and right of you bubble shield will protect you. But with high and low block you're going to block one hit and get shit on by the rest of the opponents.

I could get on board with a faster deteriorating shield with slower recovery times.
>>
>>320824330
The point of the bubble shield is to block from all sides and angles because in Super Smash Bros you can easily be hit from all sides and angles. It's not a traditional 2D fighter.
>>
>>320817592
I want Samus to become PM Samus
actually just do that with almost every character
PM Wario is GOAT
>>
You'll die before smash 5 is released
>>
>>320825029
No, it does.

And the only way you're gonna justify having a smaller roster than 4 is by saying you went ahead and completely re-imagined the whole cast. Mario has new moves, a lot from his RPGs, like the Hammer, and Firebrand. Link uses more weapons, Samus doesn't suck, Ganondorf uses Magic, Zelda plays more like in Hyrule Warriors with a summoning gimmick, etc...

Falcon stays similar, but has some new added moves.

I think this would please most fans too, especially if you give everyone 30ish very solid, unique, and well balanced characters.

As it is now, Smash4 has TOO many characters, and a fair number are just... bleh, like Palutena.

Not only that, but rebooting the roster allows the franchise to drop meaningless and redundant staples like Jigglypuff, Sheik, and Falco.
>>
Power shielding needs to reflect projectiles again.
>>
>>320825052
The point is Final Smashes either vary from "MASH B AND USE IT IMMEDIATELY" with little to no downside like Sonic's or "only a braindead retard would get hit by this" like Shiek/Zelda.

There's generally very little thought in the use of Final Smashes so having a meter I feel would ultimately not add anything to the game unless you added use of that meter aside from Final Smashes. That way you could actually determine if you want to go Super Sonic or if you want to use the meter for something else.
>>
>>320825000
>Waluigi
>3 LINKS
>Pichu
>10 POKEMON REPS
>keeping Lucina and Roy
>keeping Dark Pit
shit/10
>>
>>320825000
>young link and toon link
I would love if young link is back. But for that too happen, him and toon link would have to not be link clones and have different movesets.
>>
I'd like to see better stage selection.

I would also like to see a new story mode, better mini game options (like break the targets), and better items.

I do NOT think Smash should be some kind of super-competitive fighter, I think it's embarrassing how many people here think that way. I do agree that momentum jumping should be back, though.
>>
>>320825552
Not him, but hense the combo burst mechanic, and super recovery I mentioned previously.

All three would use the same meter.
>>
>>320825552
Well you're thinking final smashes would be the same but if they were part of normal gameplay they'd obviously be tweaked so you could combo into them or set them up.
>>
>>320825652
I don't think giving characters more moves or making final smashes part of normal gameplay automatically makes it super competitive.
>>
>>320825505
Fuck that. What if my main is one of the cut character? Sure it happened with Brawl/4 but those were what? 5-6 characters.
Imagine if you cut half the roster and completely change the other half? Who would play that?

Just make another game altogether and don't call it smash, then I would be ok with it.
>>
>>320825608
Would be pretty easy to de-clone WW Link. Give him the Skull Hammer, Deku Leaf, and make his down-B a parry counter (I know, I hate counters too but they're so common it would be easy to implement).

So basically make him like a Wolf-type clone. Similar but not the same.
>>
I want 8 player smash to go and stay go
It fucked up the single player and the stages since a lot of them have to be big enough to support the mode
The 3DS version shouldn't have parity with the console version either. It should be simpler and casual focused like it is now while the console version has a more competitive slant. The handheld characters would also have simpler moves while their console counterparts get moves that aren't constrained by the 3DS. Like DDD gets Gordos but on console he'd have the brawl waddle dee toss.
>>
>>320825885
>Imagine if you cut half the roster and completely change the other half? Who would play that?

It happens in fighting games all the time. The trick is that you don't have to automatically move over to the new game you know.
>>
File: yes.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
yes.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>320817592
I think it's time for nintendo to finally care about their true fanbase and make a PC port.
>>
>>320817592
Solo mode w/out items
>>
>>320825980
Enough with the fucking counters already. Counters are so lazy, you might as well give the entire cast a counter mechanic that isn't tied to a special move.
>>
>>320826085
>make PC port
>remove all items
>no 4-player Smash, 1v1 and 2v2 ONLY
>add in Banjo, K. Rool, Minecraft Steve, Master Chief and a western FoTM indie character

It's perfect. /v/'s ultimate favorite game.
>>
>>320825152
>>320825282
I disagree with everything you've said, but I still take back the high/low shield idea.

Here's why crouch shields would never work is Smash:

Platforms.

The fact that crouching on platforms is especially tricky due to being able to drop through, means crouch shielding on them would ve a problem. And any opponent attacking you from below can easily score hits since a regular shield wouldn't protect from attacks coming from below.

That said, shields still need to be balanced.

I'd still make them break faster if attacked from behind, and I'd increase the recharge time for them considerably.

They charge so quickly in Smash 4, it's almost inconsequential.

That, and grab parrys need to be added. At least out of shield grabs. Give players an option to break the grab if they read a shield grab if they tap the grab button during the first few frames.

This should put the opponent into more recovery frames allowing the player to punish the OOS grab.
>>
The content level of Brawl with the Gameplay depth of Melee, and the character Variety of Sm4sh.

Every Smash game does one thing fantastically, if we had all three merged together it would be perfect.
>Brawl: Boss Battles, SSE, All those Unique music tracks, stickers, challenges, Stadium modes, Coin Launcher, etc.
>Melee: Melee Physics and Momentum (Even without Wavedashing, L-Cancelling and all the elitist teching bullshit)
>Sm4sh: Characters with interesting unique Mechanics (Mac, Robin, Cloud, Ryu, Charizard, Bayonetta and so forth, expanded to the whole roster ideally.)
>>
>>320817592
More items from other series than Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus (like Animal Crossing, Fire emblem, etc)

More varied enemies for Smash Run 2 (again, generic units form FE, etc)
Smash Run 2 to have more than one map or random generated ones.
>>
>>320826210
It really got out of hand in 4
every FE character that isn't Robin has one
Shulk gets one, which makes sense but it's still lazy and then Mac gets one when he already has super armor coming out of his ass to punch through everything.
oh, Palutena to because her base moveset is trash
>>
>>320826675
Palutena should have had her powers as her standard specials, rather than her customs.

The only counters that I would keep are the Marths for continuities sake, Lucario's because it makes sense for a Fighting Type, even if Close Combat works nothing like that in game, and then Shulk's and Bayonetta's because of their mechanics.

Little Mac should have something similar to a Focus Attack with Mac's Last Stand, as a trade-off for reduced super armour on his other attacks, Greninja should have a flip similar to Samus (Can he learn Bounce?) and Ike should have a move similar in size to Finishing Touch, but a chargeable spin and sans the launch power.
>>
>>320827014
Greninja's substitute should have flavor from the pokemon games and just dodge an attack, maybe putting him behind the opponent, in exchange for like 5-10%
>>
>>320827014
I would give Ike a weapon switch for Down B.

He can change between Urval (his dad's axe), and Ragnell.

He keeps the same moves, but the attack speed, power knockback and hitboxes chage based on the weapon.

Maybe I'd change his specials based on the weapons as well. Like with Urval his neutral B tosses a Tomohawk like a boomerang, and his Aether behaves differently. Hits harder, goes diagonally, but also has less distance.

Weapon switching is a common mechanic in FE, and Ike would be the perfect character to implement it with.
>>
>>320827320
Substitute should increase his damage for a free hit, it's clear the mechanic is in the game anyways, as Game and Watch's 1 damages himself, as does Flare Blitz for Charizard.

The Substitute should also be able to be a projectile, why it isn't is beyond me.

>>320827386
That'd be pretty sweet to be honest, and add a unique mechanic to Ike, who is the only FE archetype lacking one really. The Marths with their tippers, Robin with his consumptions and Corn with his transforming. (I'm ignoring Lucina because fuck her.)
>>
>>320827538
>fuck her
If only.
>>
>>320827589
But Anon, she's clearly worst girl.
>>
MELEEMODE
E
L
E
E
M
O
D
E
>>
>>320827946
Why?
>>
File: 1446693790984.jpg (27 KB, 699x471) Image search: [Google]
1446693790984.jpg
27 KB, 699x471
>>320817592
Some comfy interactions like in those online comics I see

Another unifying evil like tabuu

Cute mario party tier minigames instead of angry bird and trophy crate dropper

Ganondorf become a new character and not just a clone.

Characters who have alter egos like Mario vs Dr Mario, link vs toon link, even maybe pikachu vs pichu become alt costumes (with different mechanics if need be)

Customs are either more fleshed out like palutenas and megamans or dropped altogether. (I want ice beam samus, trident ganondorf and unique shit not just slower stronger or faster weaker variables)

Hidden characters are unlocked via niche and sometimes difficult tasks only.

Panties

Pokemon Evolutionary lines available as alternates (charmeleon and charmander lose charizards 3 jumps and get a new up special aerial ace)
>>
>>320817592
>Fox/Falco and Ness/Lucas in the same slot

Mcfucking kill urself my man
>>
File: 1450194989189.jpg (51 KB, 626x625) Image search: [Google]
1450194989189.jpg
51 KB, 626x625
Ice Climbers
>>
>>320830524
>implying they're not at least semi clones
Just have their specials as customs.
>>
>>320825608
Make Young Link use MM masks.
>>
>>320830772
There's still differences between the characters besides specials like standard ground/aerial attacks and physics.
>>
File: 1446867999753.png (2 MB, 1420x4130) Image search: [Google]
1446867999753.png
2 MB, 1420x4130
>>320829520
Cont.

Stages:

Zoness rig (starfox)
Artifact temple tallon iv (metroid)
Olivine pier (pokemon)
title screen theatre stage (Mario)
Peaches castle courtyard (Mario)
Gangplank galeon (donkey Kong)
Sacred realm (Zelda)
Bokoblin sentry camp site (Zelda)
Float islands (Kirby)
Metropolis zone (Sonic)

Skyward sword Zelda alt
Mister L Luigi alt
Robot legs starfox alt
Proper model fusion suit samus alt
Proper light suit samus alt
Boxing gloves dk alt
Held items pokemon alts
>>
File: 231.jpg (21 KB, 313x405) Image search: [Google]
231.jpg
21 KB, 313x405
I just want more and more characters.
>>
>>320830772
What about their completely different normals, weight, and speed?
>>
>>320817592
Give us a random F Zero character, give it Ganondorf's move set and give Ganondorf a moveset that makes sense. A retro character no one sees coming, a WTF character no one sees coming like WFT, a 3rd party no one sees like Cloud, a fan service 3rd party like Banjo. Make Lucina a Marth alt. Inklings. Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake and all Smash 4 characters returning. A FUCKING DK rep! Dixie, K.Rool or Cranky, I'll take all 3 even. Make Toon Link's B moves more Wind Waker items. No more FE reps. Make Daisy a Peach alt. Make Claus a Lucas alt. No Hand held version limiting the console version. An adventure mode with actual minions and bosses from respective series, not Kingdom Heart rejects. Better online servers when Nintendo stop being old men. No Indie Shit paper Mario or Bandanna Dee. An Earthbound level that's not New Pork city or Onett. A DK level that's no pure shit with a shit gimmick. Rape the targets to return. More extras. Have only 4 characters for DLC. Faster gameplay.
>>
>>320832013
Alos unJUST Game and Watch and Wario, and make Dedede not shit. Make Edge Pit have different A and B moves to Pit
>>
File: 1342225676064.jpg (49 KB, 583x381) Image search: [Google]
1342225676064.jpg
49 KB, 583x381
I'd like to see Elma and/or Inkling. I think they'd some sense since they seem like Nintendo's latest hotness. But i'm sure we'll get more anime swords fighters.
>>
>>320817886
>2019-2020
source
>>
>>320817592
>big boss and cloud
never ever
>>
That's too big of a roster. Jesus, ant you people be realistic?
>>
>>320817592
SHFFL
Massive Samus buffs
Fire Emblem reps not being either useless or insanely strong
Some kind of way to prevent Mac from getting easily gimped in every match
Online leaderboards
More options for map creation would be nice too. It would be cool to be able to create a co-op map, or a custom event match.

Also, Snake. What the fuck sakurai? He was the only fun character in Brawl. Fucking nigger. He just hates fun.
>>
>>320824338
>Paper Mario
We've already one Mario clone
>Zant
One off villian who was ruined at the end of the game he was in
>Blazikan
Literally Greninja but with fire and furfagottry
>Slippy
Just no
>S.Goroh
Works well as an assist trophy
>Waddle Dee
Minions aren't rooster worthy
>>
>>320817592

I'll buy smash 5 if its got any of the following characters:

Ridley
Eggman
Metal sonic
Knuckles
Bubble Bobble
>>
>>320832596
>Also, Snake. What the fuck sakurai? He was the only fun character in Brawl. Fucking nigger. He just hates fun.
Is there any doubt that it's konami's fault?
>>
>>320825000
Apart from the Pokemon over load, I'd have no problem with the clone over load if they were at least Wolf/Lucas clones
>>
>>320832780
I know it's konami's fault, but how can I blame a pachinko company for ruining a video game?
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 384x313
>>320825000
>Pichu
Why?
>>
File: Excel and Hyatt retarded.png (953 KB, 1013x617) Image search: [Google]
Excel and Hyatt retarded.png
953 KB, 1013x617
>>320825383
I'll die with in the next 6-8 years at 29-31?
>>
Lad, they'll never do better than Sm4sh on Roster. They couldn't even get Snake back, why would they be able to get Ryu, Pacman, Bayo and Cloud again? Only Sonic will return
>>
>>320832627
I can't see Eggman working unless he's in his ship and plays like Bowser Jnr. Metal Sonic should be an alt and Knuckles would actually be really cool. I'd like to see Bubble Bobble but I can't imagine what they can do in Smash
>>
>>320833085
Capcom are whores. Ryu and Megaman will be back. Pacman will easily be back. Maybe Bayo. Doubt Cloud will return
>>
>>320817592
An official Mushroom Stacker mode

The more you get the bigger you grow.

It's for my dick, okay? I like growing girls and Pit
>>
>>320825608
Just make Young Link like he is in Hyrule Warriors.
>>
>>320817968
How do PM ledge mechanics differ from Melee?
>>
>>320819460
Exactly. Can't have a Nintendo roster without Mario. Not even a reject one.
>>
>>320817592
Gameplay:
>Grab teching
>more advanced movement options
>including an air dodge that functioned more like Melee's or some kind of airdash
>greater hitstun to allow for more combos
>more combos period that weren't just 'd-throw into whatever' or 'u-tilt to u-tilt to utilt'
>some kind of additional move where you pressed both the normal and Special attack buttons at once to perform a new kind of move with a function like SFIV's Focus Attacks or something
>airthrows, maybe
>everybody having normal 'KO Attacks' like Little Mac's K.O. Punch or Cloud's Limit Break tied to a meter
>deeper gameplay in general, like more canceling into Specials
>more characters should have special command inputs like Ryu; especially the closest thing to grappler's Smash has, with Ganondorf and Bowser
>momentum like Melee had
>Samus and Ganondorf overhauled; keep Ganondorf a semi-clone but make it so that he barely even resembles Falcon by this point

Stages:
>the option to remove all stage hazards on a stage
>more options beyond 'Omega Mode' in FG mode, including a mode that made each stage like Battlefield
>more stages available on FG mode in general

Other:
>alt fucking costumes all across the board ffs
>>
File: OYy7lj8[1].png (454 KB, 723x590) Image search: [Google]
OYy7lj8[1].png
454 KB, 723x590
>>320817592
I want to see pic related in as his own character but that probably won't happen due to how much everyone whined about his inclusion this time.
>>
>>320834298
>Melee's air dodge with characters like zss
I have seen hell.
>>
>>320834337
thank you, medic
>>
>>320834298
Also, one more thing:

>custom moves either removed entirely or overhauled as they are
>let every special move be purchasable in the shop for a certain amount of coins (maybe 5k or so) instead of being entirely random
>give me a special online mode where I can use customs ffs
>also give me new customs for most characters that were rebalanced so that they're not either OP as hell or entirely useless AND make them actually fit for their character for fuck's sakes
>>
Stop adding so much wacky shit for singleplayer and random minigames and modes and grindy shit for trophies/moves, instead make it a better experience
New gamemodes for online other than Free for all and teams
Stage builder that is not complete arse and custom maps that can be used for tourneys.
Do those three and Smash will be my GOTY
>>
File: 1450621309317.png (142 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1450621309317.png
142 KB, 343x343
I actually think Smash 4 is the best in the series gameplay-wise. I'd just like a few things refined.

- More competitive stages
- Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story brought back from Melee, Yoshi's Island from Brawl made available for the home console version, not just the 3DS.
- Alt appearance options for classic stages. I miss the brawl and melee styles of FD and battlefield.
- Snake, Wolf and Ice Climbers back
- Adventure Mode brought back
- "Alpha stages": A toggle to play standard stages but with just the stage hazards removed
- REAL alt costumes for characters like in Project M, not just 8 shades of purple for Cloud. I don't care if they're DLC, I'd rather pay for that than Mii costumes.
- Settings pre-sets. I want to be able to set my own defaults for standard smash. The first thing I do when I boot up is change from time mode. Why doesn't the game remember this?
- Automatic L-cancelling. I don't miss fucking up my hands from the melee days, but less landing lag universally would be nice.
- All star versus mode from Project M
- More random stage switch options. I want "Random Omega or Standard", not just what we have currently which is a random switch for one or the other
- The option to power up a character automatically with a final smash as a fatality move when at 0 or 1 hp in stamina mode (think mortal kombat) instead of an item on screen to grab
- A good on-line mode with all of the standard smash modes available + a good tournament mode
- Offline tournament mode brought back
- The ability to set tap to jump and other controller options off on the fly from the character select screen, not just tie it to a name

If the they re-released Sm4sh on NX with these changes as a complete edition or something I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.
>>
>>320834685
>- All star versus mode from Project M
Oh fuck, I forgot about this one. I really want this for Smash 5 too.
>>
>>320834413
ZSS and Shiek are only strong because they have very little lag to their moves. If the rest of the cast had the ability to compensate, those two wouldn't be as dominant.
>>
Classic Mode with as many subgames as 64, or more

Boss fights that are their own thing in a game mode, not stage hazards.

Adventure Mode like Melee had

Adeleine. Fighter, assist trophy, trophy, sticker, whatever, just in the game somehow.
>>
More oriental swordsmen from the Fire Emblem series
>>
>>320836076
Fuck yeah, Lon'qu and Lyn!
>>
>>320836076
>Tfw any new Fire Emblem character will be a post-Awakening one and thus trash
>Tfw Ephraim never
>>
>>320817592
Have customs available right off the bat for all characters. If not that give them all specific unlock requirements and unlock them in sets

Better Online Tournament mode. Do ACTUAL 1v1 Tournament brackets for online.

Better stages. No more of this "cinematic moving stages where you're fighting the stage and cheap platform or obstacle deaths as opposed to actually fighting anybody". If you're really too stubborn to do that keep, including old stages and I will promptly ignore any shitty new stages.

A way to turn off items and team battles for Classic Mode. They are turned off for All-Stars so I see no reason for Classic. If you're too stubborn to get rid of team battles, at least make the ally CPU not drooling retarded.

A "multiple-stock, mulitple character" mode like Project M (where you have multiple stocks, but one is tied to different characters and you switch mid-battle when you die

Get rid of the handheld version. It's absolutely unnecessary to hold back the console version based on limits of the handheld version. On top of that, if you want the console to actually sell, don't have a competing handheld version alongside that most people will opt for.

Trash Smash Tour and replace with a bigger and better Smash Run. Bring back Adventure mode or Subspace. Quit bitching about leaks when you set yourself up for it. Do an International release and you won't have to worry about nip leaks and stop doing stupid shit like leaving remnants of DLC in updates for people to data-mine and you won't have to worry about leaks.

Keep retaining Gamecube controller support.

Don't be afraid to let the game become more technical like Melee or Project M. It absolutely does not hurt the game in any way. If tourneyfags want to git gud, it's there and casuals or people who play for funzies will promptly ignore it and play it like any other Smash game.

If amiibos are still relevant, still use them but don't lock content behind them.

Kick Sakurai to the curb.
>>
I want Smash NX to be just an enhancement to Smash Wii U/3DS. There is no reason to overhaul the entire system since it's not getting any better anyway.
>>
All of you people are so fucking stupid. The one thing that fucks over the Smash series is how many fucking clones there are. Nintendo needs to either remove clones or remake characters that were originally clones into something individual.
Every other suggestion is fucking stupid.
>>
>>320836587
There's nothing wrong with clones as long as their playstyle is different, faggola. Dr. Mario, Pichu, Dark Pit, and Lucina are the only bad clones.
>>
>>320836587
There are quite a few more things Smash needs to fix.
>>
>keep Wii Fit Trainer
this is literally all I want Nintendo, don't fuck it up
Phoenix Wright or Franziska von Karma would be nice too
>>
>>320836587
>the one thing that fucks over the Smash series is how many clones there are

Lol. Ignoring the fact that there are only like 3 clones, there could be 30 clones and that still wouldn't be the main flaw with the Smash series. You're obviously retarded and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>320836513
(Continued)

One last thing: I don't give a shit about the overall roster, but keep going in the direction of more technical characters or characters with unique systems and attiributes (Ryu's fightan inputs, Cloud's Limit Breaks, Bayonetta's combo system). If not that, apply one of them to every singly character for more variety.
>>
File: wew.png (26 KB, 200x229) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
26 KB, 200x229
wew lad
>>
>>320836587
But i actually prefer doctor mario over mario. I don't want him taken away.

Clones are only shitty if they take away from development time in a big way and they don't.
>>
>>320836587
I would prefer there to be no clones at all but this is bullshit.

Smash 4's clones were only added in b/c they hardly took any developmental time to complete.

Also clones are practically unavoidable when designing a fighting game anyway.
>>
>>320817592
First of all, I know op said no rosterfagging, but I need Villager in the new one because I main villager and am gonna die if he doesn't return.

Second, 5MA5H would need more sword oriented characters. There are a fuckton of projectile based characters which makes the game a lot more defensive then it needs to be.

I was never really a meleefag, so I never got to experience the heaviness if offered, but I don't think it'd hurt to bump up the speed by just a little bit. Or, if anything, have an option that sets how fast the game will move. I believe there's already an option for that in special smash? Hell if I know.

>>320824338
This, but with the exception of
>>320832612

Except I don't think Paper Mario would be a copy. His moveset would be unique with the fact that he's literally a piece of paper. His main weapon is a hammer. His roll could be that he rolls into a tiny scroll and rolls. If you think that is bullshit, then you should think Samus' roll is bullshit, too.

I believe Sakurai said something one time about how if they were to target the game towards competitive people, then it wouldn't make as much. Why not just make a game that caters to both? Because you fuckers gotta remember that there are indeed a bunch of people out there who don't play competitively who just like to sit back and leisurely play a game of SM4SH, or Brawl, or Melee with friends? I don't really know how it would work, exactly. You can figure that out yourself.

>>320834685
Also, this
>>
>>320836587
Nobody here is defending clones, in fact a few have said to completely redo movesets.
>>
>>320837212
>more swords

Stop.
>>
File: its not.png (575 KB, 1247x708) Image search: [Google]
its not.png
575 KB, 1247x708
Anyone else thought this entire segment of the Sm4sh reveal trailer was gonna be Paper Mario?

I did
>>
>>320837828
I didn't mean add sword based characters until there isn't enough room for anyone to breathe, just like, sprinkle them in.

Y'feel me?
>>
>>320837828

>HURR MORE SWORDS

Sword fighters arent the problem

It's fire emblem reps being sword users

Luckily Corrin and Robin exists
>>
File: 1450614099934.jpg (141 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450614099934.jpg
141 KB, 1024x1024
>>320838019
he has a point you know
>>
I want them to continue the push of the CGI character trailer's

They were a lot more interactive than Brawl's subspace emmisary

That being said however, Smash 5 should get its own Adventure mode as well, go back to the style of Melee as well as Smash 4's Smash Run bringing enemies from various series, that shit is still fun to do
>>
>>320838113
Swords and the other weapon based characters would be dominant if not for all the projectiles because their weapons have no hurt box.

Theoretically, sword fighters should shit all over Shiek and Zero Suit due to having better spacing tools, but they have too many bad match ups from other characters.
>>
>>320838147
Pit and Dark Shit use swords.
>>
>>320838354
No they don't. They use their bows as melee weapons.
>>
>>320820698
So just make it more like a traditional fighter? No, fuck off.

And what the fuck are you thinking with those shield mechanics? Do you literally only play on FD?
>>
>>320835067
Zss also has ridiculous hitboxes.
I honestly wouldn't mind so much if she didn't have a frame 3 jab get out of jail free card
>>
>respawn invincibility additionally ends immediately after attacking
>grab parries
>wall jumps standardized to the entire cast
>rage, wall-cling and footstool jumping removed
>jump momentum
>stale move negation now only applies to damage (again), not knockback
>L-cancelling still gone, but aerial landing lag substantially reduced across the board to compensate
>>
doesn't bayonetta have an input that is completely different whether you use it grounded or airborne?

i wish smash experimented with conditional shit like that a bit more

i'd like for Kirby to have a completely different Down-Special when used on the ground, and Peach to have an actual aerial Down-Special
>>
>>320840090
i thought that was basically any character??
for instance, villagers right tilt is the umbrella.
in the air, his right tilt is the slingshot.
>>
>>320841061
oops, i should have put "special moves input"

but yeah
>>
More game modes.

More battle customization options, also new modes besides time, stock, etc.

Bring back adventure mode. Doesn't have to be Melee adventure mode or Subspace Emissary 2, as long as it's good.

Smash Tour and Smash Run also return but waaay improved.

New modes like conquest or something. Like Battlefront II, but you collect fighters like in Smash Tour and move them indiviadually in a board.

Better stages. I felt these 2 games were lacking, specially 3DS version.

More characters with different mechanics such as Ryu and Bayonetta.

Bring back the Ice Climbers
>>
File: 1445395621206.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1445395621206.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>>320834685
>REAL alt costumes for characters like in Project M
>in Smash 4, guests like Cloud and Bayonetta get full-fledged alternate outfits
>Fire Emblem cast has 2 characters with full fledged alternate outfit sets complete with new voicework; 3 technically if you count Lucina's original Marth alt intention
>mfw the Zelda series, one of Nintendo's brick and mortar, gets no new characters, no new voicework, and the only "alternate costumes" are quarter-assed palette edits for Link
>>
>>320817592
But Ness and Lucas are semi clones with different moves. Why would you just make them outfit swaps?
>>
>>320842676
This so much.

Like I love all the inclusions of third-party characters and I'm glad they're treating them well and respecting their gaming roots (could you imagine the shitstorm if instead we got Boom! Sonic, Ghostly Adventures Pac-man, and Bad Boxart Megaman?) but why the fuck do they get such special treatment on the Nintendo console when Nintendo is normally so overprotective and safeguarded about their sensitive IPs being handled delicately.
>>
>>320826085
Nintendo's has designed entire conoles around making them pirate resistant, even if it hurt their sales. Why would they start putting games on pc even if they stopped making consoles?
>>
>>320837828
>More punching characters
Stop
>>
>>320834047
He wants edgehogging to come back
>>
>>320820698
Congratulations, you just turned Smash into a fighting game. And a pretty bad one at that
>>
File: cn_punchtime_explosion_xl_wii.jpg (214 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cn_punchtime_explosion_xl_wii.jpg
214 KB, 1500x1500
>>320820698
Found your game.
>>
>>320818361
>Also don't half ass it with lame slight variation attacks. Give us new shit like Palutena and Megaman.
This. It's insane how blatant his favouritism is with his waifu when chatacters known for having extensive abilities like Link just get variations
>>
>>320843867
>more projectile characters
Fucking stop.
>>
>>320825383
World war 3?
>>
>>320834047
after regrabbing the ledge 5 times you lose invincibility
>>
File: 1440550162445.jpg (163 KB, 631x637) Image search: [Google]
1440550162445.jpg
163 KB, 631x637
>>320833330
>Giant Falcon Punches
>Dorf Up tilt
>Lucas Up Smash
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 620x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 620x458
>>320833330
>giant FemCorrin feets
>they keep getting bigger
>>
>>320837036
>practically unavoidable when designing a fighting game anyway.

Only for Tr4sh
>>
File: 1450552145758.png (18 KB, 304x262) Image search: [Google]
1450552145758.png
18 KB, 304x262
>>320818745
This, tr4sh feels too floaty. I honestly don't even care as much about tech as we have 64 and memelee for add fucking momentum.
Also
>>320817592
>making ness and lucas one character
Fucking disgusting
>>
>>320845839
>>320845883
>Tr4sh
>>
>>320825126
>smash is an accessible party game first

but its a competitive action game.
>>
>>320845883
>implying EarthBoring needs more than one rep
>implying Lucas is not a 90% clone
>>
>>320846336
He isn't. Also why would you want less diversity?
>>
File: 1450146066200.jpg (80 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450146066200.jpg
80 KB, 640x480
>>320846180
I meant it as a joke, I called melee memelee.
>>320846336
>I don't like it so means no one does
>>
>>320846706
I want more diversity, that's why we need less semi clones and more unique characters.

>>320846725
There's nothing Lucas does that Ness can't do with custom moves. Except maybe the snake.
>>
>>320846180
>Fighting game
>Having clones in fucking 2015
>Not Tr4sh.
>>
>>320847097
The only clone moves lucas has are fsmash, uair, down b, and up b. All of his tilts, his other aerials, other smashes, and other specials are entirely unique.
>>
>>320847386
Again, nothing you couldn't have as a custom for Ness. You can't say Lucas' moves are as unique compared to Ness' as say Link's, Falcon's or Samus'.
>>
>>320817592
Better stages should be a priority.

Retool older characters to have more complex mechanics they could take advantage of like Ryu, Cloud, and Bayonetta. Meters, alternate inputs for specials, specials that perform differently in the air. That's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>320847568
Whatever, not all clones are bad. Shit like doc, lucina, and dark pit are unneeded but clones like falco and lucas who play differently are good. At least in my opinion.
>>
Individual victory themes. I don't give a fuck how many characters there are in the game, I want them all to have unique themes ala Super Mario Kart.
>>
>>320848218
There's nothing inherently bad with Falco or Lucas, but if I could choose I would rather have 100% original characters.

Anyway, let's say they bring back transforming characters/tag teams like PT and dual characters like Ice Climbers, do you have any idea for new ones?
>>
>>320848265
This so much. Ness and Lucas don't even one from a game they're in.
>>
>>320848265

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkZmOwtaNag&index=12&list=PL04F6446580894A57

>tfw this isn't Peach's
>>
>>320817592
Airdodge decay, jump momentum, worse recoveries across the board, smaller ledges, and Banjo and Kazooie, then the game will be perfect.
>>
>this still isn't an item
>>
>>320848710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRMSn63yb0

>This isn't Bowser's
>>
>>320848460
Honestly the idea of bringing back young but giving him the transformation masks from majora's mask would be cool to me. I can't think of any dual characters other the ice climbers or a possible diddy and dixie tag team, but that shouldn't happen as diddy is his own character.
>>
>>320849000
>this isn't Sheik's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh2raO1Kmmk
>>
>>320848928
Fuck, I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.
>>
>>320849245
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgt3Iv0fK0

>This isn't Diddy's
>>
File: 1449362442071.jpg (1 MB, 2043x2000) Image search: [Google]
1449362442071.jpg
1 MB, 2043x2000
>1-on-1 for fun
>for glory teams, 2-stock
>Smash Run across both versions
>online Smash Run
>online co-op Home Run Contest
>Break the Targets w/ online co-op
>Board the Platforms w/ online co-op
>"classic" classic mode
>melee adventure mode w/ online co-op
>story mode w/ online co-op
>the ability to invite an online friend to a game
>Banjo, Bomberman, Rayman, Wolf, Blaziken, Ice Climber(s), Simon Belmont
>Oot costume variants for Link/Zelda/Dorf
>Raichu/Pichu as costume variants for Pikachu

^^my wishlist
>>
>>320844267
>favoritsm

Will you stop with this immature shit? You sound like a jealous spoiled child.
>>
>>320817592
>>320817592
>no rosterfagging

Don't worry, I'm not 12 years old

>>320817968
The only thing about PM is that I wish for no-techs to be more viable as a mixup(ie. not so fucking easy to react to). Also, jump getup from ledge should be a tad more punishable. Not to the same degree as melee but still reactable
>>
>>320849664
Hi Sakurai
Shouldn't you be busy making Super Smash Bros. Mario vs Fire Emblem vs Kid Icarus?
>>
>>320848265
>>320848663
>>320848710

>Meta Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYFH9eX6Wic

>Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAbMRle7fIs

>Shiek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNq53Kvziho

>Ganondorf (First 10 seconds or so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmL3xSeAmsw

>Toon Link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rMHiXE9es
>>
>>320849616
Almost forgot; K. Rool, Toad, Paper Mario, Geno, and some kind of Koopa too. Just wishful thinking.
>>
>>320848663
I miss ness's 64 and melee victory theme, it sounded so cool.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XqyNGK3fVc0

Lucas's could've been a triumphant love theme remix, I can't think of what else it could be.
>>
>>320849245
That's too much of a downer to be a victory theme
>>
>>320847568
>Again, nothing you couldn't have as a custom for Ness.
Normals aren't customs though.
This isn't Dark Pit where 2 of his 3 differences literally are custom moves.
>>
>>320848460
Tag team
>Chrom&Robin (Pair Up)

Double character
>Mario&Luigi

Transforming
>Viewtiful Joe (when the VFX bar is empty you go back to Joe until the bar fills up again)
>>
>>320817592
board the platforms and a break the targets mode instead of shit modes like smash run
more non gimmick stages
more items that don't kill one hit
>>
>>320848663
Their victory theme is a remix of the mother 1 intro theme. I too never felt it sounded like it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dMUnifFc-U
>>
>>320848663
Their victory theme is actually a remix of the mother 1 intro theme. I too never felt it sounded like it.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dMUnifFc-U
>>
>>320820698
>grab parry
>same frame or the very next frame and I'd agree with this change
>meter
fuck no. At least not for competitive
>specials not limited
...uhm...ok? interesting
>no bubble shield
no. I like the shield. You can angle it in melee to help with not getting poked and it's a great mechanic
>cookie cutter combo system already predefined
no.
>aerial smashes
Another interesting concept. How would it be implemented though? seems a little too complicated
>light and heavy variations
This is what tilts and smashes are for. I don't think you realize the simplicity of the game is what drives it
>air grabs
I wouldn't be totally against this
>momentum added back in
Absofuckinglutely. 110% agree there
>Burst
no fucking meter!
>High jumps
I like normal hops and shorthops. Maybe increase the height of a normal hop for all characters
>air-dash
I love my wavedashes but it'd be cool to see an omni-directional airdash that maybe uses your second jump but doesn't put you in hitstun.
I like it
>>
>>320850506
>aerial smashes
>Another interesting concept. How would it be implemented though? seems a little too complicated
Robin
>>
>>320850237
The section they chose is kind of awkward
>>
File: Todd.jpg (10 KB, 238x178) Image search: [Google]
Todd.jpg
10 KB, 238x178
>>320817592
>Jump Momentum made noticeable again
>Make a better attempt to balance the roster
>Take out Omega mode and just offer the option to disable stage hazards
>Adventure Mode
>Remove whatever the fuck Classic mode was in 4 and bring back the old one
>Board the Platforms
>Unique Break the Targets again, nobody wanted this Crush the Castle shit
>Ganondorf does things he actually does
>Same for Wario
>Stop making Luigi a fucking freak. Keep the finger pistols, though
>Increase the game speed by about 20%
>Higher gravity.
>Give Jigglypuff a new neutral special, her aerial frame data back, and make sing not shit
>Improve movement options for the whole roster

Also add my nigga Todd in, as well.
>>
Asking for characters having moves like Ryu and Bayonetta is not very smart. Those moves are part part of the whole gimmick to the characters respectively.
>>
>>320851229
Sakurai's casual babby feelings wouldnt allow for even half of this sadly
>>
you are now aware that paper mario in smash would just be Game&Watch

>His side-special would be uh... a hammer
>His downair would be like, fuck, I dont't know, a key???
>bacon?????
>>
>>320850506
Do you know how impossible it is to tech a grab on reaction if it's only a 1 or 2 frame window? For fuck's sakes.
>>
File: no.jpg (63 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
63 KB, 700x700
>>320817592
An actual fucking tourney mode for organized online tournaments
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.