[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is JC3 actually a bad game or does everyone just give it bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 4224.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4224.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Is JC3 actually a bad game or does everyone just give it bad scores because of the performance issues?

Does anyone remember JC2 launch, were people able to play it well day 1? I mean now JC2 is considered one of the best open world games there is. Will people say the same about JC3 in couple years?
>>
Performance issues basically ruin it. Outside that, it's literally the same game as JC2.
>>
I haven't had any performance issues and I'm considering returning it.
>>
>>320813954
>it's literally the same game as JC2.
So a really good game and one of the best games of the year (when it works)?
>>
>>320814047
When it works it's repetitive as fuck and the admittedly huge world doesn't make up for the fact that you'll be doing the exact same thing (blowing shit up and wingsuiting) at literally every settlement you come across.
>>
>>320814148
But it's fun
>>
>>320814210
Doing the same thing grows tiresome.
>>
>>320814148
>>320814290
I've been playing for 10 hours and doing just that. Sure, it's repetitive but you don't have to continue the story and take over everything, there's tons of other things to do. And the explosions and physics and different army base layouts makes almost every takeover different.

The only negative thing there is are the gear mods that are locked behind the minigame bullshit. If the games were somewhat different it wouldn't be that bad, but literally everything is "drive/fly/skydive through these 30 hoops"
>>
>>320814290
there's more than one way to do things, just because you're playing the same way doesn't make it a bad game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>muh biggest map in vidya

it's empty beyond fuck and everything is copy pasted all over the place. There is like 5 type of cars driving around and every 8th NPC is the same. Don't get me started on missions cause they all the same. It's even worse than JC2
>>
>>320814458
It's exactly the same as JC2 and even better because there are more variety and caves and cool looking places in 3. Of course if you didn't like JC2 you don't like JC2.5. But the point of these games isn't dense as fuck map full of things to do and the game holds your hand and tells you how to have fun.
>>
>>320814407
>The only negative thing there is are the gear mods that are locked behind the minigame bullshit.
Not to mention each attempt/retry of said mission is rewarded with a 2 minute load time.

>there's tons of other things to do.
The only other things to do are the mini games and the campaign which is completely unappealing.

If you want a game to fuck around in your money would be better spent on GTA
>>
>>320814646
>2 minute load time.
The last patch fixed those for me

>The only other things to do are the mini games
Sometimes I feel bad for people with no imagination
>>
>>320814646
>2 minute load time
console babby detected
>>
Panau > Medici > San Esperito
>>
last bump
>>
No, it's a mediocre and forgettable game.
Just Cause has always been 5-6/10's, you play for 10 minutes, blow some shit, and quit.
People praised JC2 because everyone bought it for $1.
>>
>>320818124
You.

You're making assumptions. I love both games and I play for a lot longer than 10 minutes at a time, you might want to get checked for ADD.
>>
How should that game be played? Follow the missions or destroz everz outpost/base/city you come across? What about the islands far away: are they linked to story mission or should I go over there anyway?
>>
>>320814148
>you'll be doing the exact same thing at literally every settlement you come across.
So its like a video game.
>>
File: 1375324739121.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
1375324739121.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
After 100%ing the game, here are my thoughts
>Performance on my computer fluctuates badly between 60fps and slideshow shit
>Loading times are surprisingly not absolutely shit on a 7200RPM hard drive
>First two island are pretty with their environmental design but massive third island just sucks shit
>Liberating bases is fun but towns become a fucking chore
>Destruction challenges actually remove fun instead of adding to it
>Wingsuit sucks shit if you use KB+M, and it's fucking shitty that the game only has 360 pad support
>No NG+ and only re-oppresing bases to make up for it
>Map feels smaller even with the same size due to all the fucking water
>Managed to get everything done in 35 hours compared to 2 being so far away from 100%, but I blame that on the garbage upgrade collectathon
>Collectables in this game are mediocre
>Weapons need more variety, I ended up using the LMG, Nuke Launcher and Dual Revolvers because no other weapons gave me reason to use them
>Final boss is a helicoptor fight
>Fucking stupid memes in the game
Honestly, this new team from Avalanche has stumbled hard with their first game, at $25 I had fun but I would have been very disappointed if I payed full price
>>
>>320818241
Why, because I need something more than blowing up shit to keep me playing?
There's not enough content here that justifies a higher than $20 pricetag, even more when Just Cause 2 does this just fine.
>>
>>320813813

I bought JC2 close to launch on PS3, and had no problems at all.

I think the problem with JC3 stems from the online component. Turns out it is quite taxing to load up leaderboards consistently in single-player or something. If you can play offline it might be better. I don't have 3 but I have the same questions.
>>
>>320818956
Optimization is shit, it's Just Cause 2 with wingsuits.
Nothing more, just another unfinished game to the list.
I'll buy it for $2 like JC2.

Also because these fucking liars stated that ''they couldn't wait to see what modders could do'', and then they used Denuvo.
>>
Get Mad Max instead.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.