[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
(WIP) 初音ミク: Project Diva F Collection (PC Fan-port using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
File: icon.png (187 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
187 KB, 290x290
For the past few months, I have been busy porting Project Diva F and F2nd to PC by porting the game content, etc. to Unreal Engine 4 (Saying as I was experienced using UDK). I have managed to get stage models working inside of the engine, and getting working skeletal meshes with animations is being worked on as soon as I can find a way to rip them from the game files.

A few features being planned for the port is as follows: Scalable Video Settings 60FPS gameplay (compared to the measley 30fps the PS3 and Vita Version runs at) The ability to use a controller, Keyboard, or Arcade controller 4X Larger textures than the base games The ability to enable/disable cel-shading

I got quite a few screenshots here: http://imgur.com/a/KKQka

If you guys can, please comment and tell me what you think. I would greatly appreciate the input.
>>
>it's legit

That's pretty cool. Are you just getting assets for now, or do you have some of functionality already?
>>
I CAN DIG THIS
>>
Nice. Epic. I like it.
>>
Interested.
>>
Wow! You ripped models from PS3 game? It's almost like you made a port of that game on PC!
>>
>>320814092
If the game is actually playable on PC at one point, it will have been ported or rather remade.
>>
>>320812953
Pretty cool, I hope you are able to finish. Having this kind of game on PC would be great for the simple fact of being able to mod in more musics and stuff.
>>
>>320813115
It uses assets ripped from the game's data files. I am deciding to do a early-access esqe kind of thing, but without the bugs, and 10 new songs to play each update. However, I am trying to find a way to rip animations and get the character meshes up and running.
>>
>>320814329
You could say its somewhere between a port and a remake. It is using mostly the game's original assets though, so it can be debatable.
>>
>>320814572
>early-access esqe kind of thing
what...?
>>
It'll be interesting to see how far this gets before Sega DMCA's it.
>>
>>320814825
It won't happen if he keeps it low.
>>
>>320814389
Getting the project done mostly depends on how much time it takes to add gameplay functionality, rip animations, and get models and sequences (For the PV cameras, etc) set up. Right now, it is mostly assets that are being ported, such as stages.

There most likely will be mod support, but it will most likely be limited to custom PVs, game modes (OSU or Invisible note modes anybody?), and character costumes plus accessories. I might make an online server where you can automatically install mods that you like when you subscribe to it (Similar to steam workshop).
>>
File: 1292704959715.jpg (52 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1292704959715.jpg
52 KB, 366x380
>>320812953
>Unreal Engine for a rhythm game
>>
>>320814748
What I mean is that the initial alpha release will have 10 songs to play. each update will add 10 additional songs, with 5 updates being planned (Total of 50 songs from a mashup of both F and F2nd).
>>
>>320814389
And more importantly, removing the anti-panty shot mechanics.
>>
>>320815170
Sounds like a really ambitious project, vocaloidfags are going to have a field day with that stuff.

Good luck on your endeavours, anon.
>>
>>320815387
I plan on adding an option to disable panty shots, alongside with extra modules to have some of the Dreamy Theater and PSP Project Diva Models be playable.
>>
>>320815486
Thanks
>>
>>320815387
Thats actually really important. Doing god's work OP, good luck.
>>
>>320812953
Anywhere I could follow this project of yours? Git? Twitter?
>>
I wanna have sexual relations with Miku!
>>
>>320815778
Not as of right now. However, I do have a Twitter Account, which is @xX_BryceQ_Xx
>>
>>320815272
UE4 dosn't shit the bed with input latency and frame timing nearly as much as 3 did, so with a little clever programming it'll probably turn out fine.
>>
>>320815807
There's always the Good Ole Dakimakura!
>>
>>320815913
I know that UE3 was used with a rhythm based mobile game just fine, so having a rhythm game on PC using UE4 should be just fine.
>>
>>320815940
Or the dolfie.
>>
I'm reporting to SEGA.
Sorry anon.
>>
File: 272277986.jpg (4 KB, 119x120) Image search: [Google]
272277986.jpg
4 KB, 119x120
Whoa cool guys. Hey let me pick up my Vita and play some right now at this very second while you wait for this fan port that definitely won't be buggy and totally not dropped in support soon.

Killer, dudes.
>>
>>320815272
>I'm pretending to know about engines
>>
>muh miku
The chinks already made this exact same thing for pc op
>>
I've never actually played the console games, only Arcade. So I don't have any objections over this. Hope it turns out well. Might purchase that arcade stick to practice Arcade at home. Won't be the same, but it's something
>>
>>320817215
What for?
>>
The port will be Free to Play, but will require authenticating an actual game copy (Via a game save that has been saved in the past 30 minutes prior to activation) to function.
>>
>>320817215
>reporting an anonymous poster
What are they going to do? Come here and shitpost?
>>
>>320818324
Keep in mind that you will only need the fresh save when playing it on your PC for the first time.
>>
their hair really stands out from the rest of their textures
>>
>>320818975
During a later release, there should be many options to tweak the visuals (Not just the graphics settings, but how the characters look aswell).
>>
>>320815387
Sega actually censored panties shots in the western version? WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
>>
>>320818810
Sega here, I'm suing this illegal port. Thank you for playing
>>
>>320818324
>needs a legit copy
dropped
Good luck though.
>>
>>320818324
>The port will be Free to Play, but will require a little cheat engine fix to function.
>The port will be Free to Play, but will require a little hex edit to function.
>The port will be Free to Play, but will require a edited save file to function.

I almost had hope, but this bullshit is proof that's your shit it's not really going anywhere.
>>
I wish everyday was Monday
>>
>>320819694
But it's still sunday.
>>
>>320819350
this
why would I bother with all that shit when I can just play the game already?
>>
File: 1442039780669.png (950 KB, 1447x2046) Image search: [Google]
1442039780669.png
950 KB, 1447x2046
>possible mods for non-crypton models and songs
Looks hype OP, thank you for the hard work!
>>
As long as you make them high quality and better quality base models
>>
Do it nigger, fucking DO IT
>>
File: great job.jpg (30 KB, 600x536) Image search: [Google]
great job.jpg
30 KB, 600x536
>>320812953
Dont care for these games but thats real dedication anon. Good job.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (41 KB, 327x260) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
41 KB, 327x260
You should tell SEGA first, anon. You may gonna face a hurdle of legal issues if you don't have their permission or anything of the sort.
>>
>>320812953
If you can actually pull this off that would be amazing. Do you have someplace where you are going to post updates and such?
>>
>>320820440
No, you should keep this shit secret then dump it onto a dozen filesharing sites. Not sure what you're looking to gain by telling us about it before it's ready.
>>
>>320820521
>us
Who are you
>>
File: image.jpg (389 KB, 1039x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
389 KB, 1039x827
Work faster OP. You've really got my arms tied behind my back on this one.
>>
>>320818324
Why?

>>320819320
Sounds like you just need a save file not a physical copy or anything. That's super easy to get.
>>
>>320819219
>in the western version
No, in all versions.
>>
I will suck your dick every single day for the rest of my life if you pull this off, OP.

Keep us updated. good fucking job dude
>>
>>320820608
When playing for the first time, it will require a gamesave that has been saved recently within a half hour of activation for the game to start for the first time. Other than that, no DRM bullcrap, just a simple verification.
>>
>>320821186
But why? Does it need some file that is only created on a legit save file after 30 minutes?
>>
>>320821250
The savegame verification feature is to prevent legal trouble by making sure that you have a official copy of the game or atleast have played an official copy.

However, This idea is only a thought in progress, and there might not be an activation needed. I do however recommend that you support the devs by getting the official releases, to prevent legal trouble.
>>
>>320821449
I guess that makes sense. I mean most people who will want this probably already have f or f2nd and everybody else will just get a save file some way or another.

Good luck man I hope SEGA doesn't fuck this up.
>>
Looks good OP.

You should do a dev vlog for this or something.
I'm sure some people would dig the more technical side of something like this.
>>
>>320812953
I will give you a very tender blowjob if this is finished
>>
>>320812953
>>320814825
Open source it on first release. Then if they try and shut you down somebody else can pick it up. Or you can and claim it was somebody else.
>>
>>320818324
Mate, you realise anybody who gives a shit can make a tool to generate saves that bypass that, right? Or at least, generate a copy with edited data about the most recent save time.
It'll take one bored anon an hour or two to completely invalidate your attempts at what basically amounts to shitty DRM. And then they can share that with everybody else.
>>
I would like to find a programmer that is experienced at reverse engineering and ripping, and see if they can help with a UE4 plugin that will support .farc data files, and whatever other files that F and F2nd use, so It would be far easier to port the game over without needing to rip the models, add the textures in blender, export as .fbx model, import into UE4 and then repeat.
>>
>>320822447
Like I said above, the authentification system is a concept in progress, and will be scrapped if enough people demand it. Its only there to prevent legal troubles.
>>
File: 35783568_p0.jpg (559 KB, 1161x1172) Image search: [Google]
35783568_p0.jpg
559 KB, 1161x1172
looks pretty dope OP
keep it up
>>
>>320822792
Honestly I refuse to buy these games. Bring them to PC officially or no money for you Sega, at least not from me.

Which is sad cause I fucking love muh miku.
>>
>>320822792
This system won't prevent you anything!
If you don't want any trouble, do the thing and sell/give it to SEGA
>>
>>320823374
I was hyping for a PC and PS4 release of Future Tone when the countdown for X was still going. When the announcement for X was revealed, I felt heavily disappointed.
>>
>>320812953
>enable/disable cel-shading

This can be done?
>>
I doubt a save file authentication will change the legality of this in any way.
>>
File: miku pans.jpg (372 KB, 2176x1920) Image search: [Google]
miku pans.jpg
372 KB, 2176x1920
>>320819219
Its not really censorship, you can take pantyshots all you want IN GAME, however if you go to the model viewer or any PV editing tool and flip the model upside down to see its panties the game will black out the model to prevent you doing so

So far, besides getting quick on the shutter button on PV mode to get panty shots, the only method to take a good look at them is using a debug vita/PS3 and disabling the function or using the free developer camera
>>
>>320823584
yes, using blueprints and toggle-able materials, it should.
>>
File: Miku room 2.jpg (451 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Miku room 2.jpg
451 KB, 1280x960
>>320823374
>I fucking love miku
>not buying her games regardless of your platform of choice being supported or not
No, you don't fucking love miku
>>
>>320820180
>pomf and circumstance with all the right characters being lewd instead of just Miku, Luka and Rin

To bad IA and Gumi models from their games wont be ripped and they look kinda goofy in comparison to Sega's models
>>
>>320823906
Went to seven concerts. Pretty sure I'm more vested than you. I do not however, throw money at a shit product even if it has my favorite characters associated with it.

Grow some fucking balls and learn to speak with your wallet if you want to see change, consumer whore.
>>
>>320824117
>shit product
>fun games with an over all good playlist across all of them
>shit product
stop being such a mustard and just play the games already, DT even runs at 60fps if you REALLY need it that much to justify your purchase
>>
>>320823906
Not him, but I've been following Vocaloid since 2008 and I don't have a single Diva game.
>>
>>320824207
I'd simply rather wait. I have MMD which is plenty of fun and provides a Miku fix. Especially with how easy it is to make ports to unity / UE4 and go VR funtimes with Miku.

Or I could play it on a console. And probably not enjoy it like every other console game I've bought in the past few years.
>>
>>320824525
Its a rhythm game, what does the platform is in matters? all games in the series besides one of the PSP games and DT run at a locked 30 with no input lag(first PJD however ran at an unlocked 30 and suffered from huge lags on latter levels due to unoptimized code, making songs harder), you mash buttons and have fun, stop being an elitist about video games and have fun playing video games

also MMD is an animation software, not a rhythm game
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.