[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I play next, Morrowind or New Vegas? For both skyrim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1080x1080
What should I play next, Morrowind or New Vegas?

For both skyrim and fallout 3 I was underwhelmed by dlc which I have all of. The only dlc of fallout 3 I thought was worthwhile was broken steel because it made so I could beat the game properly.

Broken steel with that aside was pretty good
The Pitt was ok but it lacked a reason to side with the guy that brought you to the pitt in the first place. The dlc suffers from something I've noticed with bethesda that is "look at these good guys! Now look at these bad guys and don't take into account that I called one good and one bad because I added, as a second thought, a flaw to the good guys and a redemmable quality to the bad guys"

I really hope that is something that continues to show up as I plan on playing both morrowind and oblivion eventually.

Anchorage was boring as fuck but got me the gauss rifle, which is my favorite gun.

Zeta was cool but I was upset when I couldn't go back and explore the ship after everything was said and done.

Never played point lookout and I hated how dlc added bullet sponges into the game (super mutant overlord and albino scorp)

For skyrim, after finding out that you can't kill the vampire bitch at the start of dawnguard I decided against any of the dlc until later.
>>
Guys
>>
hello?
>>
Play some good non-bethesda games, FNV then.
>>
>>320812294
Any rpgs worth mentioning? Also would your recommend new vegas dlc?
I didn't initially buy it like I did with skyrim and fallout 3 because I really don't aant to find out that is worthless after playing it.
>>
Morrowind with the overhaul mod.
>>
new vegas. get the realistic damage mod so guns actually somewhat mimic real life.
>>
>>320813610
>muh realism
>>
If you haven't got nostalgia for Morrowind it's rough to go back to.

NV is good but also rough for some people to go back to.

DLC's for NV are great.

You can kill everyone and everything in NV it's an inbuilt winstate.

Both games need significant modding.
>>
>>320813784
I played FO3 this year for the first time without any mods so playing nv wont really be problem.

I just want to be sure that morrowind is worth putting extra effort into to have fun with. I've heard good things about it, mostly through people saying that x system worked better in morrowind than skyrim.

Also can anyone confirm that the magic system is better in morrowind? I honestly enjoyed skyrim's magic system, but that is my first go at the elder scrolls series.
>>
File: MGE Screenshot 004.jpg (456 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
MGE Screenshot 004.jpg
456 KB, 1600x900
Why are you playing Bethesda RPGs?

Are you playing for freedom of exploration, lots of choices to roleplay with, a diversity of character options and progression paths, treasure that actually feels rewarding, and a compelling story that is more than "lol dragons"?

Then you want to play Morrowind.

And let's be honest: Morrowind is the only game of the group that you can download, install, and have modded to any degree all within a relatively short amount of time. Good fucking luck doing that with FONV.

>TFW 382 hours in Morrowind on Steam.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.