[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post apocalyptic games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg (81 KB, 270x333) Image search: [Google]
Metro_2033_Game_Cover.jpg
81 KB, 270x333
I've never played a Metro game or really any Post apocalyptic game before, and I've just noticed I have Metro 2033 in my steam library.
Is that a good place to start or should I play New Vegas instead which also happens to be in my library?
>>
Play Metro 2033 first, skip New Vegas and go straight for STALKET SoC
>>
Metro is not that hard so it's a good place to start. Then after you're finished with it play Metro Last Light and Stalker series.
>>
>>320809605
>>320809719
Metro it is.
Guess Fallout is no good then?
>>
File: 1445969554724.jpg (67 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1445969554724.jpg
67 KB, 846x846
>>320809913
Fallout is more mediocre. So if you are looking for a challenge play stalker.
>>
>>320810151
I don't have Stalker. But maybe I'll acquire it if Metro is to my taste
>>
>>320810271
Keep in mind that Metro and STALKER are still two completely different animals.
>>
>>320809913

Fallout is good, and New Vegas is considered the better of the 3D games, but you're better off starting from either 3 and then NV, or the originals and then 3 and NV.

You should always play 3 before NV since NV improves upon 3 in many ways and going back is weird.
>>
>>320810529
Then why not completely skip 3?
>>
>>320810501
Which one is the better game?
>>
>>320810662
They're both good. I'm just saying Metro won't get you ready for STALKER. They're just very different experiences.
>>
New Vegas is better, but they're not the same kind of game.

Metro is a linear FPS that lasts about 8 hours. NV is an open world RPG that will give you anywhere from 60 to about 300 hours of play.

So start with Metro first, since it will only take you a few days to complete.
>>
>>320809467
If you're going to play Metro I recommend trying Ranger mode (either normal or Hardcore). I think it makes the game much more enjoyable. You can always change the difficulty if you don't like it.

>>320810662
While both Metro and Stalker can be traced pack to the same source material, they're difficult to compare just because of how differently they play. I'll just say they both do their own thing very well.
>>
>>320810594

If you really like exploring Fallout and stuff, 3 basically gives you the bare basics. You go around, find stuff, kill things, do a story and then sell the things you find to get better stuff to go round, kill things, find stuff etc.

NV is basically that but on a larger and much better scale and everything about it is improved along with better RPG elements and stuff.

Basically, completing a game like Fallout NV would have you wanting more, and going back to Fallout 3 wouldn't be a good idea since it's so backwards compared to the other game, whereas completing Fallout 3 and you want more, NV would improve over it.

It's more or less, if you enjoyed NV and you want more, Fallout 3 wouldn't be what you'd want more of.

Avoid Fallout 4 as well, it's barely a Fallout game, it's more of a collectathon to build a base camp.
>>
Stalker isn't post apocalyptic

>>320810938
Roadside Picnic and Metro 2033 aren't the same thing.
>>
>>320809467

Just remember OP, playing on Ranger mode like >>320810938 says gets rid of button prompts and because of this you never actually know what buttons to press if you haven't played the game on Normal and it told you, so you may need to check up on the buttons from videos and from googling it.

There is also a secret karma system, don't kill anyone unless you really have to, and do good things.
>>
>>320811123
>Roadside Picnic and Metro 2033 aren't the same thing.

Neither is Stalker

Glukhovsky drew a lot of inspiration from Roadside, such as the terms Stalker and anomaly.
>>
>>320811176
>My first playthrough
>Had no idea about karma system
>I payed the prostitute to strip for me.
>I killed innocent people.
>I got drunk and destroyed some guy's pub.
>Never gave money to the poor.

And I still didn't realize that the ending I got was bad. Only like 2 years after playing.
>>
File: MetroLL 2015-11-30 22-56-19-10.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
MetroLL 2015-11-30 22-56-19-10.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>320811176
>he didn't just mash E
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.