[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mario sunshine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: super mario sunshine.png (179 KB, 250x348) Image search: [Google]
super mario sunshine.png
179 KB, 250x348
>likes Mario for its platforming
>hates the game with the most advanced platforming in the fanchise

Someone explain this to me.
>>
>>320808934
it's almost as if games are made up of more than just a singular mechanic
>>
File: 200_s.gif (33 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
33 KB, 267x200
>Advanced platforming
>Literally hover to your spot: the game
>>
>>320808934
3D platforming is a joke. These games rely on their atmosphere and settings and Sunshine's was shit.
>>
>>320809268
Kill yourself. I mean I can understand if you wanted to say that Sunshine had too much coin collecting or that there could have been better boss fights, but atmosphere? Bad setting? That is objectively wrong. Sunshine had the best atmosphere of any Mario game, ever, with the only other game to rival it being Luigi's Mansion.
>>
>>320808934
SM64 had much better platforming by a longshot, you have to either be retarded or have not played the game since you were a kid
>>
>>320809806
It was too bright and hirt my eyes tbqh
>>
It's very, VERY low on worthwhile content.
>5th of the game's shines are blue coins
>shitloads of red coin and 100 coin missions, way more than SM64 before it
>rehashed bosses and shit everywhere
>chase shadow mario in every location and spray him
Take all this away and you're left with very little.
Also
>less than half as many major levels as SM64

Almost none of that mechanical sophistication matters outside of secret courses, and it's barely even the littlest bit better than SM64 in this regard anyway.
Usually just a sideflip and hovering is enough to shit all over the platforming challenges thrown your way.

It's also missing almost all of the freedom and nonlinearity that SM64 offered the player, since you have to get shines one by one, in order, unlike SM64, and you have to get the seventh shine in every major level, unlike SM64.
>>
>>320809806
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1423961440071.png (204 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1423961440071.png
204 KB, 900x900
>>320809268
>These games rely on their atmosphere and settings and Sunshine's was shit.

This is the wrong-est thing i've heard in like a week
>>
>>320809806
If you're counting spin-offs like Luigi's Mansion (and saying its atmosphere isn't as good, what the fuck), then what about Paper Mario and shit?
>>
>>320811065
First of all, I was saying LM's atmosphere is great. Second, Paper Mario's atmosphere is also great, but it doesn't compare to Sunshine.
>>
>>320811065
Not him, but sunshine is like in the top 5 games i've ever played in terms of atmosphere. Paper mario doesn't compare.

I don't even like normal mario games, the atmosphere alone makes me love sunshine
>>
>>320808934
who does this?
>>
>People playing Mario for the atmosphere
What the fuck
>>
>>320809171
Except all of the levels are designed with you being able to hover in mind, so the challenge is still appropriate.
>>
File: 04.png (382 KB, 592x400) Image search: [Google]
04.png
382 KB, 592x400
>>320811136
>>320811191
I dunno, Sunshine's alright for atmosphere, but I'm not seeing how it's so exceptional and definitively blows everything else out of the water.
>>
>>320811372
I know it's like playing fucking VN's for the gameplay, or fighting games for the story.
>>
>>320811845
>he doesn't play Rogue for the graphics
>>
>>320811845
>he doesn't play mortal kombat for the story
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.