[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Gears of War's multiplayer really as good as he says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Gears-of-War.jpg (112 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gears-of-War.jpg
112 KB, 640x360
Is Gears of War's multiplayer really as good as he says it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tONU_Jzcf68
>>
>>320795656
Form your own opinion, you child.
>>
>>320795858
How am I supposed to form an opinion if iv'e never played it?
>>
>>320795965
It's challenging. It's definitely fun, but expect getting your ass whipped all over the place if you're starting.
>>
I don't have an xbone but Gears 1 online was fantastic and addicting as hell and i still vastly preferred if after even 2 came out.

Dropped off of the series at 3.
>>
>>320795656
I know I'm gonna sound like a shitter but I've had some serious problems with the current multiplayer. I have a decent ping (30-40ms) and this is the only online game I ever encounter lag and weird stuff like warping around while walking and delays between shots and kills.

Don't get me wrong, I have fun and I'm not blaming the game for how I do, I usually go positive and win, but man some shit happens that makes my head spin. Like friendly thrown grenades killing friendlies, boomshot being inconsistent, and grenades being inconsistent. Melee is janky too.

Other online games like halo and destiny never seem to have these problems, is it just because of netcode or what?

Fun game though, I love gears with the guys.
>>
>>320797820
Gear 1 was a broken mess, fuck off
>>
>>320795656
>108 views

do you mean as good as YOU say it is?
>>
>>320798163
I can't enjoy a broken mess?

2 online didn't grab me like 1 did for whatever reason. Just my opinion.
>>
>>320795656
Expect non-dedicated servers and a host advantage that literally makes the game unplayable for the non-hosting team
Also if you dont learn to fire the Gnasher without aiming you're gonna get fucked beyond belief
Also expect mexicans to invade your game, you'll never have an english speaking team mate
>>
>>320798283
Likely because Gear 1 required zero skill to play
>>
Gears 3 multi> Gears 1 Multi > Gears 2 Multi
Gears 2 Horde > Gears 3 Horde > Gears Judgeshit horde
Gears 2 SP > Gears 1 SP > Gears 3 SP > Judgeshit
I really hope Gears 4 is actually good, Rod and Co. are already off on a better foot than the incompetent as fuck tards at 343 since they didn't completely murder the aesthetics of Gears 1 with UE like 343 did with Halo CE. I just hope they can evolve the core gameplay without making it a mess. Beta is in spring so we should hear shit about it soon enough.
>>
The guy is a little flamboyant with relatively simple points but yes.

Its a buggy mess but if you can look past that then yes, the mechanics of the game itself are impeccable, Gears 1 multi is GOAT, the to bad had on this game man.

Post-patch boomshot a shit.
>>
>>320799385
>Gears 1 GOAT
and they could never patch out crab walking and I exploited it until Gears 2 happened
>>
>>320799385
>the to bad had on this game man

What did he (I) mean by this?
>>
Gears of War is an absolute masterpiece. Put in the time to learn the movement and get decent at it, and you'll be hooked. I haven't played much of Ultimate, but I played the first 3 religiously. Learn how to wallbounce, pop-shop, learn to strafe (by far the most important aspect), learn basic techniques like the Up-A(useful in every iteration of gears) and the back-A (a gears Ultimate thing). Oh yeah, learn to leftly flip.

...and don't ever play Judgement. Don't even talk about it.
>>
pop-shot***
>>
>>320800214
They added execution mode later, to bad the maps where shit
>>
Apparently I have an inhuman trigger finger with the Hammerburst to the point people called out I had a modded controler. I'll forever love Gears 3 for making the hammerburst a usable option.
>>
Yep, I loved GoW1 too. It was like playing an arcadey version of CS with arena FPS elements (weapon control) and cool movement mechanics. It was very well designed around controllers too, I usually hate playing shooters on controllers.
>>
>over 30k ranked kills on gears 1
>have every cheevo on the first 3 including seriously 3.0
>never touched judgment
I like the campaigns and all but the MP is fucking amazing especially 1, there's still a very dedicated group that plays 1 on 360 non-stop to this day
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.