[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People who play RPGs are depressed gamers who like to sit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: hiroshima.jpg (142 KB, 950x1202) Image search: [Google]
hiroshima.jpg
142 KB, 950x1202
>People who play RPGs are depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.

Do you agree with this?

How do we stop video games from descending into a slump of slow, boring, rehashed RPGs?
>>
>>320790359
Fuck you gook.
You ruined Nintendo and then decided to die so that you dont have to live with the consequences.
>>
RPGs have actually gotten faster than 20 years go.
>>
>>320790653

>ruined

He made it what it was, m8
>>
>>320790891
He also set it up for future failure.
>>
>>320790748
and they've also got way worse
>>
>Do you agree with this?
Yes.

>How do we stop video games from descending into a slump of slow, boring, rehashed RPGs?
We don't. I sure don't want to. Why would I?
>>
>>320790359
>people still quoting that fake interview

How new
>>
PALMER
>>
I loved JRPGs back as a kid because they gave me an opportunity to read stories when I wasn't too keen on reading books.

These days I feel like I agree with him, especially when it comes to turn based JRPGs. They never bring anything new to the table as far as gameplay is concerned, and most of them have terribly cliche and derivative stories that once you've read one, you've read them all. I think they could be good for children to encourage reading, but ideally it's something you will grow out of and move on to books and more intellectually demanding subject matter
>>
>>320790924
>set it up for future failure.

How so?
>>
>there are people taking this bait in 2015

never change /v/
>>
You know he only said that because he was bitter about Square jumping ship to Sony.
>>
>>320791360
His iron fist nazi approach to third parties in the NES and SNES era is what ultimately ruined the relationship between them and Nintendo.

Its the reason why the systems have been on a steady decline since then.
>>
>>320791679

Couldn't be helped, they needed to be chained down at the time.
>>
>>320791679
>Its the reason why the systems have been on a steady decline since then.
I blame cartridges on N64 more than anything else
>>
Is this a real quote? Can you even provide the source?
>>
>>320792327
It's as real as the anime was a mistake Miyazaki quote.
>>
>>320790359
>How do we stop video games from descending into a slump of slow, boring, rehashed RPGs?
If anything there's plague of Action RPGs in the industry right now.
>>
He was 100% correct though, just look at /v/
>>
>>320792327
http://www.ign.com/articles/2006/03/14/top-10-tuesday-wildest-statements-made-by-industry-veterans
>>
>>320791015
They really haven't
>>
>>320791015
I actually agree.
>>
>>320790359
Well that describes me so I don't disagree.
>>
>>320790359

Old fart was just jelly. Im glad he's dead.
>>
Look at the people who are excited to play shit like FFXV, he's right.
>>
Kimishima needs to have the understanding and deep digging of Iwata and the strict and "Get that shit out of my face" Attitude of Kimishima

So far he's doing a good job

He forced the old hack of a fuck Miyamoto to delay Star Fox Zero and it's better for it
>>
Everyone is depressed. It's just that some are better at hiding it than others.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.