[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phantom Pain: Mission 45: The artificial difficulty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11
File: maxresdefault.jpg (66 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
66 KB, 1280x720
Phantom Pain: Mission 45: The artificial difficulty
>>
>>320773615
yep, I ended up going back to helicopter and waiting out a bunch of rocket upgrades.
>>
I beat the remaining 49 missions 1st try each - but this mission is fucking me up!
>>
File: Yea.gif (2 MB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
Yea.gif
2 MB, 250x187
>>320773615
>>320773615
FUCK that tank, you know the one
>>
Why was it so obvious that she was going to get raped by the end of the game?
>>
>>320773615
>Destroying all tanks
>Checkpoint
>Fucking fina-
>More tanks come
>Oh fuck
>3 points shot from 7 milles
>Kills me everytime
Pequod is the mvp
>>
>>320773615
>Call in a sandstorm
>NV goggles on
>Run around fultoning all the tanks
>>
>>320773615
reduced me to a gibbering man-ape
>>
I S ranked this and I think I went back and got all the objectives too. It was pretty annoying. Stealth cammo is worthless. There is absolutely no way to sneak and lose them. Even boss fights in previous games (not all of them) allowed a bit of stealth. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to lose them here and sneak. Just shit programming. Some unpaid intern probably made this mission.

No, having quiet distract them isn't stealth. Both should be able to go unnoticed.
>>
>>320774768
This.

S rank it with a rocket launcher, then go back and fulton everything.

It's fucking stupid that they can't see you in a sandstorm, but they can see you if you're using optic camo.
>>
>>320774387
>end of the game
Game hasn't ended yet. Never be game over.
>>
>>320775219
>Never be game over

Those people are faggots.

"LOL NEVER BE GAME OVER IT'S AN HONOR TO HAVE SERVED WITH YOU o7"
>>
>use the multi rocket launcher and atb mines
>dump mines all over the roads as fast as you can
>run behind the building and stay there
>run to one corner, peek out, fire at tanks (airstrikes are fine too)
>run to other corner, peek out, fire at tanks (airstrikes are fine too)
>in between waves run out and throw more mines
>hamburger chef and foghorn ocelot will automatically shower you with shitloads of ammo refills
>repeat until everything is dead, you can use smoke grenades for extra cover
>>
>>320774768
>Call in a sandstorm

Wait what?
>>
>>320776252
upgrade your fucking base nerd
>>
Don't use the rocket launcher they give you. It's shit.
>>
File: 1448151809960.png (293 KB, 596x597) Image search: [Google]
1448151809960.png
293 KB, 596x597
>>320774214
>that tank
you mean THOSE tanks?
that one-shot you no matter what?
yeah fuck those
>>
>>320773615
The most annoying thing about this game is that it tries to get you to do stealth during each mission. Points for stealth, docked points for kills/alarms/etc. Then it throws you into fucking boss fights and tank battles while you're equipped in your fucking stealth gear and stock lethal weaponry. FFS.
>>
Fucking great mission, I loved it.
>>
File: 1429478450861.gif (844 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1429478450861.gif
844 KB, 200x150
Even though it took me a few tries and some of it was bullshit I couldn't stop laughing
Quiet doing some naruto shit then the game tries so hard, so fucking hard to recreate the MGS2 infinite Rey sequence but poorly in every regard, then a plot convenient tank spawns in a nonsensical way then snakes that were previously invisible spawn then it tries so hard to get touchy feely epic moment
It's almost everything wrong with the game summarized in a single mission
>>
>>320773615
If you don't want to call in a sandstorm or use the parasite suit, you have to use stealth tactics to beat this mission. Fire from one side of the house, then run to the other side to fire your next shot. Rinse and repeat.
They should fire at your last known position instead of at you as long as you break the line of sight.
>>
>Mission starts
>Call in a better rocket launcher
>Take cover inside the building
>Win
wow so difficult
>>
File: 4123.png (1 MB, 1305x866) Image search: [Google]
4123.png
1 MB, 1305x866
>>320773615
>2015+1
>Not having Quiet nameplate
>>
>>320777096
>tries so hard, so fucking hard to recreate the MGS2 infinite Rey sequence

It never occurred to me that that is what they were going for. The game really does have a lot of parallels to MGS2 doesn't it? But people will never warm up to the story like they did with MGS2.
>>
>>320777469
Probably because the story is shit
>>
>>320777530
It really is. I have no idea if it was the result of Konami execs coming in one day and saying "Alright, no more mo-cap studios for you!" ruining all of the plans, or Kojima actually thought that this was a good way to end it, or he did it bad on purpose.

Either way, it's all bad and we're left with a game that brought Volgin back to life by the power of really mad, while everything else was biological nanomachines and, in the case of Mantis, microwaves.
>>
>>320777238
I couldn't even feel safe inside the building, every time I'd come a bit close to spot where I could fire THAT tank would just one-shoot kill me
I ended up just spamming pequod attacks
>>
>>320773615
The trick to it is to not use the rocket launcher she gives you, its likely worse than your best one
>>
>>320777943

don't just stick to one hole, use another hole then get back to the previous one.
>>
>>320778446
lewd
>>
File: 1448875939507.jpg (337 KB, 730x463) Image search: [Google]
1448875939507.jpg
337 KB, 730x463
>Stupid and gratuitous "LOL RAPE GORE OUR GAME IS SUPER MATURE GUYS" scene
>Stealth-based side-op immediately followed by an extremely action oriented mission
>God-awful damage sponge tanks that gave me flashbacks to Peace Walker
>Beyond forced THE POWER OF LOVE nonsense
>And then the game ends

It's been like 4 months and I still don't know what the hell they were thinking. I literally have no idea what that mission was trying to convey aside from annoyance
>>
>>320777469
Yea mostly because people are never going to warm up to "it's bad on purpose" and "its incomplete on purpose"
Also MGS2 had the "meat" in its story. Even if you don't like it it's pretty hard to say it didn't do some interesting things. V just leaves you with a huge "so what?"

Also if you want to talk parallels it shares an assload with MGS2 and 3
raiden being the player = venom being the player
rey sequence = tank sequence
original plan for The End's fight = quiets fight
big story changing plot twist at the end then Eva getting on her motorcycle and driving away = BB's twist then getting on a motorcycle and driving away
and a whole lot more that ive forgotten, ive posted this a while ago but that went down with the archives
but you get the idea; V tries very hard to "homage" (read: ape) the previous things people liked about the prior games but it does so without the context or power to back it up. so instead of something grand it comes out as a wet fart
>>
>>320777836
I think Konami didn't really understand that after making the Fox engine Kojima would need time to actually make the fucking game.
>>
>>320778707
>I literally have no idea what that mission was trying to convey aside from annoyance

Remember when Kojima said that people would feel ashamed of their words and deeds when they were berating him over dressing Quiet like a fuck toy? I think this scene was what he was talking about. She goes absolutely ham on those genitals. I think he thought feminazis would love that.
>>
>>320777943
Sounds like you bad at the game.
>>
File: Untitled.png (35 KB, 405x179) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
35 KB, 405x179
CASUALS IN HERE?
>>
>>320779152
It's really annoying when Ocelot just straight up plagiarizes BB's little revolver speech. I mean he already stole his one-liner at least let him have his own interesting dialog.
>>
File: 1271213038744.jpg (16 KB, 360x239) Image search: [Google]
1271213038744.jpg
16 KB, 360x239
>>320774214
>far beyond the horizon where you can't even see them
>launch the equivalent of a tactical nuke that one-shots you even with a fully upgraded battle dress
>>
>>320777443
How do you even get nameplates? There arent any in the event point exchange yet.
>>
>>320779356
I don't feel like leaving the game running for 20 hours to finish the development achievements
>Forever 90%
>>
>>320779918
I thought they made it so things developed while the game isn't running?
>>
>>320779569
>tank shoots at me
>OHFUCK DIVE DODGE OUT OF THE WAY
>killed anyways from like 10 feet away by the goddamn invisible explosion that doesn't fucking exist
Just how fucking far does the blast radius even reach??
>>
File: 1445483166943.png (200 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1445483166943.png
200 KB, 450x300
>>320779247
>You will feel ashamed of your words and deeds

The only shameful thing here is how fucking poorly that mission & Quiet as a whole were handled. Mission 45 is technically the last actual mission in the game. The last big battle in the Metal Gear franchise and it's just.....OP tanks that you shoot at for a while and then dumb melodrama happens.

Man, fuck this thread. I managed to forget about TPP for a while before this came along
>>
>>320779152
MGSV also opens up the way MGS4 ended, except in reverse. Venom crawls around pretty much the same way Solid Snake did in the microwave chamber, he gets up and stumbles, and then eventually limps around before coming good and moving normally.

There was no reason to open the game this way even as a tutorial - players were expected to have played Ground Zeroes and in fact the game imports a save from Ground Zeroes. So if they HAD played Ground Zeroes it could have skipped all that shit. This is the exact same thing that MGS2 did - it opened up Raiden's section in a small safe space and taught you the ropes again.

Likewise, Ground Zeroes mimics the opening chapter of MGS2. Snake is infiltrating American base (naval ship) under the cover of night in the pouring rain. There's a second group of soldiers lead by a man wearing a cowboy getup.

But none of it means anything because MGSV ultimately falls flat whereas MGS2 left the player thinking about their life and what they should take away from the experience. Most people back then had no idea that the internet being a bastion of free thought was so important, but nowadays the implications of external force censoring and controlling thought is a very real threat.
>>
>>320780032
I was getting killed from behind one of the little sheds, literally the biggest amount of distance I could put between myself and the tanks and it still killed me. I have no idea how people defend that mission. It really is no better than the "Destroy the armored tank!" shenanigans Peace Walker had.
>>
File: ok.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ok.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>320779483
Yea the more I think about it the weirder it gets
At first I liked it and was about to defend it
But it was supposed to be a character developing moment, one of the few he ends up receiving, and its basically comes down to "ocelot learned what BB told him and is now spreading his knowledge"
Except we already know ocelot took what BB told him in MGS3 to heart because he applies it literally AS THE GAME PROGRESSES.

But ok its a little funny moment cause venom looks at him awkwardly.
>>
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 1920x1080
>>320779356
Yeah, I grinded it out. Wasn't worth it.
>>
>>320778707
>Stupid and gratuitous "LOL RAPE GORE OUR GAME IS SUPER MATURE GUYS" scene

It's incredible how fucking MG2 was darker than anything in MGSV. And that was on, what, a 16bit system?
>>
>>320778446
But it's my hole! it was made for me!
>>
>>320779967
Only special high-end items will develop "online" and use real time outside the game. The rest are based on time in game.
>>
>>320780167
>MGS2 left the player thinking about their life and what they should take away from the experience

I walked away from MGS2 thinking "this would have been better as a fucking term paper than a video game" after that 30 minute codec sequence where two robots spout gibberish at you.
>>
>>320780420
MGSV has to be the poorest excuse of "dark subject matter" I've ever seen in a game. Games from generations already ago did everything in the game, and in a better and much more subtle way. There's blood and child soldiers and a guy gets his dick stabbed woooaaaah so dark. I can't believe it was hyped up with shit like "I might have to leave the industry if I mess this up!"
>>
>>320778446
You don't even need to do that, the shot tracks you but it has a long reload time. So just sprint perpendicular to it and it'll miss by a mile, leaving it wide open for a counter shot. I didn't even need to take cover from anything but the residual damage from all the foot soldiers.
>>
>>320780403
>But ok its a little funny moment cause venom looks at him awkwardly.

At the end of the speech Ocelot looks at Venom knowingly, like "Hey, remember telling me that?" but Venom doesn't even smile and nod because he has no recollection of that event.
It's a foreshadowing moment, I think.
>>
MGSV HAS ONLY ONE PROTAGONIST AND HIS NAME IS HUEY.
>>
>>320781774
BUT HE'S THE ENEMY!

AND HE'S HERE ON HIS KNEES!!!
>>
I beat it first try. Then S ranked it second try.
>>
>>320781774
Nice boat.
>>
>>320781774
hang on, by calling him the protagonist, are you trying to say that huey was the true hero, or did nothing wrong? i'm just gonna go autist mode on you for a sec, k
a protagonist defines the main character or leading role in a work of fiction, not the "hero" or the character who is objectively right, hence even a villainous or evil character can be a protagonist
you don't play as huey, you play as venom, and all of the main focus is on venom's exploits
therefore huey is not the protagonist
alright thanks
>>
>>320779356
I'm forever 82% I've s ranked everything but half the optional objectives suck and so does collecting animals.
>>
>>320780097
Never really thought of it that. MGS series has some of the best & most memorable boss fights in vidya...then it ends with that.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.