[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DaS first run vs theoretical second run
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
About 20% through the game, been hallowed for 99% of the time. The first playthrough you just play the AI and learn the maps, and on newgame+ you "open yourself up" to invasions by going human?

This is how it's meant to be played, r-right?
>>
The true Souls experience is being human all the time and only summoning NPC's
>>
>>320770340
surely one would die a lot the first time due to being unfamiliar with teh game
>>
File: IMG_20151107_232636.jpg (4 KB, 106x100) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151107_232636.jpg
4 KB, 106x100
>>320771090
well no shit nigger
>>
If you don't abuse the dupe glitch, I think it's not possible for beginners to have that much humanity to be alive all the time.
>>
>>320771090
Only need 1 humanity and they are easy to get.
>>
>>320771752
Except suicide runs at bosses I didn't want help with I never had any issues being human most of the game.
>>
>>320771752
nigger he means hollowed baka desu senpai
>>
>>320769890
if its your first souls game, then yes
>>
>>320772359
its not, almost beat DeS before giving up at Maneaters
>>
>>320769890
I think the best experience would be to human 99% of the time, but that requires you to have a bit of skill. I guess you can summon NPCs on your first playthrough just to see what they do.

Either way, for a second playthrough you want to be human all the time, stay at base level, use nonelemental weapons only, and not summon.
>>
>there are actually plebs who stay human throughout the game

How does it feel to have no skill?
>>
>>320772496
Its mostly a matter of confidence, as soon as you stop caring about dying or souls things will get easier, is DS there are no such things as world or character tendencies so you shouldn't fell bad about dying. Also you can farm humanities pretty easily on several spots later on
>>
>>320772992
>Its mostly a matter of confidence, as soon as you stop caring about dying or souls things will get easier
In DeS if I wanted to try the maneater fight again it would take 5+ to get back to him. After a long day of work (M-F) its like why am i even doing this ?
>>
>>320773382
5+ what? you can just sprint past all the gargoyles on the way to maneater, only bp mind flayer is in your way to the boss. and you can backstab him easily or knock him off the stairs
>>
>>320769890
I liked to stay human for aesthetic purposes and didn't know that's how you get invaded

A lot of invaders become scared of me though and ran away because I'm a target shield god. it's fun to just walk toward your invader and not let him attack while deliberately passing up the opportunity to kill. they eventually just kill themselves.
>>
>>320769890
>This is how it's meant to be played, r-right?
There's no meant way to play this.
>>
unfortunately, the dark souls community is shit, so staying human early in the game just nets you some laggy jap retards invading you non stop with end game gear and the best magic in the game, pretty much forcing you to waste your time.
>>
>>320771752
what dupe glitch
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.