[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I am trying out stalker clear sky, because some people suggested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: thred.jpg (44 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
thred.jpg
44 KB, 256x364
So I am trying out stalker clear sky, because some people suggested it (mby even on this board, I dont remember). Anywho, is it just me but is the game very easy in the beginning? Or was I just expecting something else? I mean, I already have like 500 bullets of about 20 ammo types, and fully upgraded my hunting rifle- just seems a bit op and weird. I found a shit ton of ammo at The Swamp in Fishing Village. Any comments would deeply be appreciated.

PS: I am playing on Stalker difficulty.
>>
Unlike most games Stalker difficulty doesn't make opponents into bigger balls of stats. It increases the damage of guns for everyone. You kill them faster but they kill you faster.
>>
>>320762212
Okay, might bump that up a bit then, but still, that wasn't an issue.
>>
This isn't your first stalker game right? Clear sky is the worst in the series by far, and almost unplayable without mods.
>>
>>320762040
>not playing on Master
>playing worst STALKER game

Anon, you might as well go back to bed and start your day over.
>>
>>320762416
First time playing a stalker game yup, shit.. What would you recommend then? Just want a serious and deep game to lose myself in.
>>
>>320762597
Shadow of Chernobyl. Play it Vanilla, only on Master. It's fun and super immersive.
>>
>>320762890
Thank you, I remember being very young and that game coming out- I didn't have a good enough pc to play it back then I remember. They also seemed very hard, but thank you, gonna try that out.
>>
>>320762040
>I am playing on Stalker difficulty
>>
>>320763259
They can be hard and unforgiving at first. Remember to save often, and always aim for the head to preserve ammo
>>
Use this mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/srp/downloads/srp-v107

It fixes plenty of bugs, crashes and annoyances in the game. Being able to find so much ammo in the stash boxes is a bug. According to the patch notes of SRP, the game continuously adds things in boxes of squad points every time you load a save when it's only supposed to be filled the first time a squad occupies the position.
>>
>>320762040
PLEASE stop playing on stalker difficulty. Master is the way to go, damage is handled very differently. I'm not even mad though, thanks for trying CS, I've been defending it all week.
It's my favorite stalker (though the third I played).
>>
>>320763614
How can CS be your favorite?
>>
Thanks everybody, I'm not a carebear and I just didn't know how the difficulty settings worked, gonna knock it up to master now, I have always preferred fewer shots. Also gonna play Shadow of Chernobyl first then, as CS obviously isn't that well regarded by some folks (except for you one dude).
>>
>>320763976
after you're done SoC look for the stalker repository and play it again with mods.

Then, get excited for a completely unrelated game called Escape from Tarkov that sort of feels like stalker
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.