[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyperdimension Y/N?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Friend wants me to play this game

>Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth

it looks like weaboo trash, should I actually do it? I like anime but I'm not a weaboo
>>
Just do it you lil bitch.
>>
>>320762007
but why
>>
It's shit. There's nothing going for it outside of the cute girls because the gameplay is utter shit.
>>
>>320761682
It's the fucking definition of weaboo trash.
>>
>>320761682

Mechanically its pretty mediocre.

Story wise its a love hate thing.

I just finished this a few weeks ago. Was my fist and only Nep game because I figured the series deserved a fair shake. Its not nearly as terrible as people claim it is but by no stretch of the imagination is it good.
The whole ''consoles personified'' is a good idea but the writing and the way the world is presented gets tiresome really fast.
>>
Play Trails in the Sky instead
>>
>>320761682
If you find the girls cute enough to carry the game go ahead. It also has some parody of the industry/genre but nothing clever.
>>
File: 1424110986528.jpg (57 KB, 384x505) Image search: [Google]
1424110986528.jpg
57 KB, 384x505
>>320761682
Do it faggot
>>
>>320761682
Don't mind it. It's a cheap fanservice simulator. Bitch slap whoever recommended you that
>>
>>320761682
>uses the word weaboo
>wants to play neptunia

You are beyond pathetic, holy shit
>>
>>320763387
Imo, a lot of the character got lost in the remake. The original first, while a bastard of a game, had a lot more personality and a lot more gaming history/culture tied into it. Re;birth fixes the pacing, battles, and graphics that made the original a pain to play. But, yes, giving it a fair try and an open mind, you might enjoy a bit of it. If your friend is offering you to play his game for free, then why not?
>>
File: animu nepu a slutty girl.png (46 KB, 289x351) Image search: [Google]
animu nepu a slutty girl.png
46 KB, 289x351
>>
>>320764913
>had a lot more personality and a lot more gaming history/culture tied into it

The references in the first one were hamfisted shit

>'hey look speedy blue hedgehogs are running into the pachinko building'

>S.R.A.T.S.

OP you might enjoy it if you like the characters, but don't expect a serious plot that goes places and don't expect any sort of exploration whatsoever.
>>
>>320761682
I'm playing 2 right now

It's very grindy if you want to get everything

Otherwise it's ok
>>
>>320765768
There were a lot more conversations with NPCs about the history behind some of the companies, but I agree that most were hamfisted in and that's about all that got put in the remakes.
>>
File: 1449744697323.jpg (224 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1449744697323.jpg
224 KB, 1080x1920
Buy the game if you like grinding and cute girls.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.