[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Rockstar get away with a Manhunt 3? What would the game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Wikihunty.jpg (42 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Wikihunty.jpg
42 KB, 468x468
Could Rockstar get away with a Manhunt 3? What would the game even look like if it came out today?
>>
>>320757601

They won't make a game that could end up being banned, it's not good business sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_%28video_game%29#Legal_status

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_2#Rating
>>
>>320758382
Neither was the second game. It being a PC exclusive could be a thing.
>>
>>320758382
If the Dead Space and Saw video games can get through fine, why can't Manhunt?
>>
>>320757601
They just need to give it the same treatment as

Red dead revolver to Red Dead Redemption.

They just need to completely change it up. Maybe the story involves a terrorist group in the middle east making a shitton of online snuff and a special forces group goes in to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I liked manhunt 1 a lot for what it was at the time. I'd like to see what they could do with new one.
>>
>>320759521
Dead Space is zombaliens and Saw is (i'm assuming) more about surviving than killing others.
>>
>>320759521
because in Dead Space you kill monsters and that's seen as completly different thing than killing people which is the reason why in some zombie games human enemies cannot be gibbed or in that Turok reboot they didn't even bleed but blowing up a dino was ok
>>
>>320758895
>Neither was the second game

It was banned in Britain for a year, and was lucky to be unbanned, try reading the article I linked to.

>>320759521
>If the Dead Space and Saw video games can get through fine, why can't Manhunt?

Because the player character committing sadistic killings in a vaguely-realistic fashion is considered worse than sadistic killing by the antagonist (SAW), or fantastical violence committed by and against space-zombies (Dead Space).
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 512x512
I think they should continue with a snuff film theme. The music and environments in this game were dreary, it felt like such a grounded experience.
Also Piggsy was a scary thing.
>>
>>320757601
Yes

No idea but they probably wouldn't be able to do it much justice. I'd rather see this series die with dignity than turn into reddit trash like GTAV
>>
>>320760136
I did read the articles. My response was to your second sentence.

>it's not good business sense.
>Neither was the second game.
>>
>>320759849
>>320759968
What's the difference? It's just people killing people. Happens every day.
>>
>>320760550
>I did read the articles. My response was to your second sentence.

I'm sorry :-)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.