[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me some PSP/PS1 games. The ones I already know/have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: psp_3000.png (104 KB, 362x261) Image search: [Google]
psp_3000.png
104 KB, 362x261
Recommend me some PSP/PS1 games.
The ones I already know/have are:
>Crash
>Final Fantasy
>God of War
>GTA
>Metal Gear
>Monster Hunter
>Patapon
>Tactics Ogre
>>
Jeanne d'Arc
Disgaea
God Eater
>>
File: 1417038203273.jpg (106 KB, 480x643) Image search: [Google]
1417038203273.jpg
106 KB, 480x643
>>320748258
Gladiator is a surprisingly fun arena beat em up. Well worth a try
Parasite Eve, while the tone is nowhere near PE1, it's a wierdly fun shoter. Also butts everywhere, and a damn fine one as well (it's stupid but fun)
Persona? If thats your thing
Grand Knight Story is fully translated, havnt played it too much, art, style music is great, gameplay is fun too, but something is kinda missing, but worth checking out.
Tekken, Soul Calibur if you like fighters
Hmhmhmmm, that's whats comes to mind.
>>
Phantasy Star Portable 2
The last Phantasy Star game the west will ever get
>>
>>320748258
Field Commander
Daxter
Syphon Filter
Tekken
>>
Forgot to add the Silent Hill series to the OP.

>>320748538
Jeanne looks good, but I can't stand Disgaea's artstyle. Thank you.

>>320748930
I've heard of PE, I'll get both. Never tried a Persona game, might give it a chance. Do the fighting games play good?

>>320749201
Reminds me of Xenoblade, looks good.

>>320749272
>Field Commander
Lol'd. It's like Advance Wars if it was adapted to the PSP. The rest look cool, thank you as well.

I want to address again that I'm looking for PS1 games too, so hit me with your favorite titles.
>>
>>320749614
>It's like Advance Wars if it was adapted to the PSP
That doesn't exactly make it a bad game.
I like Galactic Civilizations even though it's just Civilization adapted for space.
>>
>>320749828
Never said it was, I just think the comparison is funny.
I'm not finding anything about Galactic Civilizations other than PC games.
>>
>>320750269
I was just making a comparison. The closest thing would be Civ2 for PS1 but you'd be crazy to play that version rather than the PC version.
>>
I want to play PS1 games on the go.
Which one is better for that, PSP or Vita?
>>
File: PS3_Fat_Princess_logo.png (100 KB, 312x256) Image search: [Google]
PS3_Fat_Princess_logo.png
100 KB, 312x256
Fat Princess
>>
>>320750985
Vita has nicer controls and screen, but piracy wise it's still in the no-sound stage (Will they make ARK-3 already?), while you can play anything on the PSP.
>>
>>320750985
PSP
Cheaper, 100% compatible and fully pirated
However, the Vita will be the superior option when the hombrew scene gets to work. You might want to wait if you're not in a hurry.
>>
Persona 3 portable bro, is fucking awesome, of course if you like RPG's
>>
anyone remember persona 3 for psp :,v ?
>>
>>320751184
>>320751295
I was mostly concerned about controls.
PSP only has 2 shoulder buttons right?
How do games that require 4 play?
>>
>>320748538
Weebshit
>>
>>320748930
>but something is kinda missing
The online portion?
>>
>>320751481
I'm conflicted about Persona, since I like well-crafted JRPGs, but I don't really like weeaboo shit (I don't even know if it can be really called that, it's just my external experience with the series)

>>320751636
You can pick between different input configurations. Normally, they are mapped to the stick.
>>
>>320751636
Depends on the game.
You can map the dpad to the shoulder buttons which works for some games but makes others impossible. I never figured out a control scheme that worked for Descent 2.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.