[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I recently got a PS4 and think Destiny looks interesting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: destiny1.jpg (816 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
destiny1.jpg
816 KB, 1920x1200
So I recently got a PS4 and think Destiny looks interesting. What's the gameplay/story like? Should I get it with the new DLC to start or get it cheaper without it?
>>
>He bought Destiny
>>
>>320738758
>story
>>
>>320738758
>playing a MOBA
>>
>>320738758
Don't. I say this as someone with a thousand hours in. It keeps leading you on like it might not suck someday but the writing is on the walls now.
>>
gameplay is like borderlands. if you want to get it get the taken king it includes the base game and all the dlc. The base story sucks, it gets a bit better in the take king story.
>>
I play destiny with my neighboor like once a week.

Story? I have no idea, something about a box in space.

Game is fun though.
>>
>>320738758
Do not buy Destiny.

>What's the gameplay/story like?

Gameplay: Halo/Borderlands

Story: Non-existent. Their writer quit.

If you're going to buy Destiny, get the dlc.
>>
>spend 120 for everything, expect more dlc
>Just events now
>come back next year and spend 60 dollaroo for the sequel

fuck you bungie
>>
>>320738758
The lore is pretty great and the gun play is good too. I'd say you're better off waiting for Destiny 2 at this point though. Bungie is moving in a pretty decent direction with this game now, so I have my fingers crossed that they learned from their mistakes and the sequel will be better upon release.
>>
File: CWmejwjWcAAkOfB.jpg orig.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CWmejwjWcAAkOfB.jpg orig.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
I've put 935 hours into this game with no sign of stopping.

That said, if you do buy it, go all in and get The Taken King. Just buying the base game will get you an incoherent campaign and an "endgame" that's now defunct.
>>
>>320739863
Is that a SRL helm?
>>
>>320740038

Yep. Just need one more 320 drop to infuse my Knucklehead Radar
>>
>>320740134
>knucklehead radar
But why
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (6).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (6).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>320738758
It's bretty gud

The Sparrow racing is pretty damn fun.
>>
>>320738863
He literally didn't, that's the entire point of this thread, faggot.
>>
>>320738758
Overall I enjoyed destiny enough.

Very good shooting mechanics and some legitimately great and tense end of mission fights. The art direction is gorgeous. After seeing so many games at 60fps, including Halo 5, It is a little weird going to 30fps destiny, but it still works.

I got it shortly after launch, skipped DLC to see whether I wanted to play more and whether the changes they made were fixes or compounded mistakes.

Going from base Destiny to Taken King was refreshing for me. I enjoyed a good amount of the game and I primarily kept to myself. It is easy to reccommend if you are going to play online, or if you just like shooters.

THere are some flaws with Destiny. The mission progression is still a little jacked-- liked, why do I have to leave old russia just to go back to old russia? And so on.

For others, if you are buying Taken King and have destiny... it isn't entirely clear what the progressio is-- like "wait... is this the first house of wolves story or the second? Do I do dark below first or second?" That was weird for me since I didn't pay attention to destiny.

I definitely want to get back into Destiny and see some multiplayer stuff like raids and strikes. But I've been so busy. I still don't regret my purchase.
>>
>PS4 exclusive content

FUCK YOU BUNGIE
FUCK YOU ACTIVISION
>>
>>320741754
Don't fucking lie, sparrow racing is literally a bunch of niggers trying to push each other off the track.
>>
Played the game since launch for year 1. It was like 6/10, at best if I let my Bungie fanboy have an opinion, but year 1 players got jewed out of their shekels worse than imaginable. Game has improved, year 2 is a lot better, but game still lacks a story, the gameplay is still pretty stale under the added luster. It is a shit game made by what was my favorite developer and published/funded by the devil of gaming, activision. I would say don't buy it, most likely you are gonna get bored, dissapointed, and I have a moral bias that makes me hate this game with a passion.
>>
OP here. It sounds bretty gud so far.

How is it without friends? Only guy I know who has it will be a WAY higher level than me?
>>
>>320742235
Sounds like you're mad because you aren't good enough to finish the questline.
>>
>>320742351
It can be OK without friends, but a lot of the end-game content requires multiple people. If you go in without many friends to play with, you'll have to use something like DestinyLFG a lot if you plan to run the raids and shit.

Also I'm sure people said it before but get the Legendary edition or whatever its called that has all the DLC, $120 of game for $60
>>
>>320742498
>Sounds like you're mad
Ladies and gentlement, I bring you the average Bungie Defense Force faggot on a rare occasion when they have DeeJ's dick out of their hand long enough to write a defense post.
>>
>>320738905
This

Game plays is decent but the 25% story with the base game is absolute bullshit. Even buying the dlc and playing all the way through it I sill don't understand what the fuck is even going on in that game
>>
>>320742637
Sparrow racing is fun, you just suck ass. If you don't take it seriously and just race to have fun you'll have a good time but when you're trying your best to pull off first place to complete the quests you're going to get upset (if you're bad, at least). My only issue with sparrow racing is the lack of variety. There's only two tracks and they're both pretty basic.
>>
I got into Destiny when The Taken King came out.

TKK is a good deal because it contains all the DLC for a price that is under $60.

There are three parts to this game.

The first part is chasing the story, where you discover the world, its inhabitants, and their motives.

This part lasts ten to twenty hours and is compelling inasmuch as you appreciate the vague and abruptly told tale that Bungie has put together.

The second part is chasing the gear, where you start to build your character and outfit him to suit your style of play.

This part lasts twenty to sixty hours, and you start to get into PvP and higher levels of play while leaving behind the more casual elements that once kept you playing.

The third part is chasing a number, where you grind for hours to max out your character's level and hope that the loot drop system gives you what you need to fine-tune your kit.

This part last from twenty hours to whenever you finally get tired of getting so little for putting in so much effort, and it revolves around replaying the same high-level content and single elimination PvP matches that attract some of the most insufferable nerds in gaming.

Will you get your money's worth if you buy TKK?

Yes -- without a doubt.

There is enough content to keep you interested for months, but once you hit the third phase of the game, you will realize that you are trapped in a Skinner Box and that grinding is the only thing left to do.
>>
>>320742931
>Sparrow racing is fun, you just suck ass
>Making personal attacks
>Even though he knows nothing about me and I've personally not mentioned my performance even once.

So how much is Bungie paying you exactly?
>>
Destiny is only good with Taken King.
>>
>>320743164
Okay anon, how's your performance? All I'm saying is that in my experience the mode is only fun when you're either good at it or don't care much about winning. Personally, I'm pretty bad at sparrow racing so right off the bat I thought it was shit. I stopped giving a fuck and started to enjoy it more, laughing as I pushed other guardians into walls or away from boosts.
>>
>>320743494
>Okay anon, how's your performance?
20/24 first place.

Literally doesn't change the fact racing has just been six niggers trying to push everyone off the track after the first day.
>>
>>320743043

I forgot to mention that you need some dedicated allies to participate in the latter section of part two and the entirety of part three.

For whatever reason, Bungie did not include matchmaking for high-level content, so you have to recruit people to help you with that.

It's a huge pain in the ass if you don't know people who already play the game, but certain websites exist to make this easier.

Some players don't even bother with the third part of the game for this very reason, which means they can't get high-level gear.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1288x839) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1288x839
Sparrow racing league is future of destiny, so ask yourself, OP, if you want more of this.

>Event is free to participate in.
>$10 if you want any of your participation to matter.
>>
File: 1441221267114.png (956 KB, 841x849) Image search: [Google]
1441221267114.png
956 KB, 841x849
How did Bungie manage to make the meta WORSE?

I want to do unlawful things to all 1000 Yard Stare users. Sniper rifles should not be viable 5ft from your target while doing a blink jump
>>
>>320743817

PvP in Destiny has always been garbage. If weapon usage was restricted to what that crucible vendor sells, then things would be better. As it stands, PvP is unbalanced as hell and plays like a poorly constructed Overwatch clone.
>>
>>320744386
>overwatch clone
PvP may be shit but what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>320743675
Your review was reasonable. I think the shooting the is great and the art direction is compelling.

But yes-- lack of match making is terrible cause I'm exactly that person. I just didn't have enough time to build up a huge friends list. I send some request out when I got online, but its obnoxious. I mean, they do it for srikes. But not for raids.

Are raids really that complicated and difficult that you'd need to have a dedicated group of people? Legitimately don't know.
>>
>>320742235
Not if you can leave them behind.

Protip: Give the brakes a really quick tap while going into a turn.
>>
File: my eyes.png (61 KB, 252x221) Image search: [Google]
my eyes.png
61 KB, 252x221
>>320738758
story sucks dick and not a single person thought it was good

Strikes are fun but theres no many to do

Raids require searching the internet for a group of people to play with

pvp is casual like CoD and TF2

It's worth $20 max, and that includes the DLC. Bungie allowed Activision to be full Jews.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.