[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck the goddamn game industry.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
>get hired by a studio to work on a game
>it's a 3d fighting game, allowed a lot of control so I can shape it as I want
>steer the game heavily towards being similar to Tekken with DOA waifus in sexy outfits, a light hearted setting with cel shaded graphics like Senran Kagura, adding various mechanics from anime fighters including airdashing and better movement
>going to be tailored entirely to the FGC and esports, created to be a hardcore tourney game
>game was going to be my magnum opus, my raison d'etre, my fucking masterwork
>game gets canned

That's right. Canned. This fighting game was going to be so fucking awesome, and it got canned. Got told it wasn't "fresh" enough, and that "fighting games aren't all that popular and aren't money makers", despite me explaining to the higher ups about EVO and how fighters are bigger than they've ever fucking been. The rest of our funding got transferred to another project in the studio, and this game, holy fuck fuck this pos:

>third person shooter
>futuristic setting, gritty cyberpunk world/city, always night and almost always raining or snowing
>melee combat system in addition to guns including martial arts and melee weapons like lightsabers
>melee combat is similar to Sleeping Dogs for hand to hand mixed with that Jedi Academy bullshit for melee weapons
>realistic ragdoll physics
>singleplayer story mode with pvp, not tailored entirely around esports like my game was
>"easy to play, hard to master"(aka casual ass bullshit)
>realistic art style and aesthetic(aka tryhard cinematic shit)

What would have been an amazing new and innovative 3d fighting game got scrapped, for some fucking shooter with lame ass melee combat that we all know won't be skillful like a Japanese game anyway so it'll be shit. Assholes then tell me I'll be helping to work on this project after they can miine. Fuck this goddamned industry, I fucking quit. Rather work at Subway than deal with this dreamcrushing faggotry.
>>
>>320738489
Where am I?

This weird meme again, deja vu!
>>
>generic fighting shit for retarded dudebros vs sci-fi setting shooter
I'll take the later everyday.
>>
>>320738489
>fighting games
no one gives a shit

also, just take the source code with you faggot
>>
>>320738728
The fuck? How is my game generic? How is it for dudebros, it's anime. Dudebros hate anime. The shooter is more for dudebros than anything, with it being some dark and gritty city shit and people using guns and lightsaber crap. How dare you insult my game as generic but act like sci fi shooters aren't generic as fuck? Halo ring a bell, or Titanfall or Black Ops 3?
>>
>>320738950
>>fighting games
>no one gives a shit

The viewcount for EVO says otherwise. Fighting games have been on the rise since SF4 came out, and it's going up. SFV is gonna be the LoL of fighting games. Or are you waiting for that trash Overwatch, that's gonna be dead on arrival?
>>
>>320738489
>DOA waifus in sexy outfits, a light hearted setting with cel shaded graphics like Senran Kagura, adding various mechanics from anime fighters

Literal dogshit

>canned

Thanks for making me feel better
>>
>>320739469
>Thanks for making me feel better

A dark and gritty sci fi shooter is being made instead, how the fuck do you feel better?
>>
>>320739647
Nothing is being made because none of this actually happened.
>>
>>320738489
Your game sounds generic.

I'd rather play the sci-fi shooter.
>>
>>320739783
>I can't handle a hardcore tourney game so I'd rather play a casualized shooter

You suck dude.
>>
>>320739236
And you think you'd have been able to release an entirely new fighting game that would be able to compete with games like street fighter? Hilarious
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.